Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
SS Blade Spoiler Answers Coming

My dealer just called and my car should be there today. By Thursday at the latest I was told I'll have it and answers to how they're handling the blade spoiler. My order went through with it as an LPO (see my sig). Apparently the dealer and their Chevy rep are well aware of the attention the SS/blade spoiler issue is getting online here. They seem very confident...hopefully this isn't a disaster lol.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #2
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
G Fo12ce

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
My dealer just called and my car should be there today. By Thursday at the latest I was told I'll have it and answers to how they're handling the blade spoiler. My order went through with it as an LPO (see my sig). Apparently the dealer and their Chevy rep are well aware of the attention the SS/blade spoiler issue is getting online here. They seem very confident...hopefully this isn't a disaster lol.
Sub'd. I'd love to know if it's order-able soon as I'm close. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
x2
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
bluejay68

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
My TPW is 4/11 and my dealer told me a couple of weeks ago that he doesn't expect any problems with installing the blade spoiler in his shop once the car arrives. I didn't ask more questions...
Old 03-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #5
hotlap

Quote:
Les - your SS should arrive with the 2LT RS deck lid and spoiler so your dealer can directly remove the RS spoiler and bolt on the blade. Get pics before they touch it please.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 03-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Here is my hyper blue blade spoiler that was installed last month......
Really like the look....................
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Here is my hyper blue blade spoiler that was installed last month......
Really like the look....................
Zack,
It may be the angle of the photo, but is the passenger side piece out of alignment? That's my biggest fear with stuff not installed at the factory.

One other general question: Won't the 1LE blade spoiler be installed at the factory?
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Zack,
It may be the angle of the photo, but is the passenger side piece out of alignment? That's my biggest fear with stuff not installed at the factory.

One other general question: Won't the 1LE blade spoiler be installed at the factory?
Nope, just the angle of the photo. The installation went flawless.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:56 AM   #9
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Les - your SS should arrive with the 2LT RS deck lid and spoiler so your dealer can directly remove the RS spoiler and bolt on the blade. Get pics before they touch it please.
Hey, sorry - just had a chance to check the thread. Were you able to confirm this is how they're doing it now across the board? I remember reading one of your posts a while back where you were hoping they would do this with your order, but I don't think they were complying. Did something change that I may have missed?

I didn't get a call back yesterday afternoon from the dealer. I think it will be coming Thursday now, as he said "the truck is either two days ahead of schedule or two days behind, I can't remember, but you'll have it by Thursday." He's supposed to call me as soon as it shows up, then I'll drive up there to take pictures (before and after) and close the deal.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 03-23-2016, 08:24 AM   #10
hotlap

Quote:
Hey, sorry - just had a chance to check the thread. Were you able to confirm this is how they're doing it now across the board? I remember reading one of your posts a while back where you were hoping they would do this with your order, but I don't think they were complying. Did something change that I may have missed?

I didn't get a call back yesterday afternoon from the dealer. I think it will be coming Thursday now, as he said "the truck is either two days ahead of schedule or two days behind, I can't remember, but you'll have it by Thursday." He's supposed to call me as soon as it shows up, then I'll drive up there to take pictures (before and after) and close the deal.
I heard this is how they will solve the problem with SS 5ZU orders and it will be released soon but hasn't yet. I'm still holding at 2000.

It will be interesting to see how your car arrives. If it arrives with the SS stanchion, your dealer is going to have to replace the deck. If it arrives with the 2LT RS deck/spoiler, I'd like to see a picture to confirm its a go.

Good luck. I can't wait to see your car

Ronald Reagan -
Old 03-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #11
vaib

Drives: Red Camaro
whats the difference between blade spoiler and the regular one that comes with rs package? Would be nice to see a pic
vaib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #12
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaib View Post
whats the difference between blade spoiler and the regular one that comes with rs package? Would be nice to see a pic
Take a look at the spoiler on the 2017 1LE...it'll be the same thing (slightly different from the RS).

Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The blade spoiler is on the blue car above. Standard RS is just a small bump on the rear as on my car , before I put on the blade.....

Because people don't use the search function.....here's the summation. You need an RS trunk lid to mount the blade spoiler on a V8 car. Because when you take off the V8 wing, it leaves a center hole that the new blade won't cover. So you either have to re-weld the trunk which is a pretty big body shop operation and repaint, or swap it out for a RS trunklid Which does not come painted if GM supplies,

if the v8 comes with an RS trunk lid as discussed above, then it's an easy bolt on swap.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #14
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Do keep us updated haha. There are still no "new" blade spoiler out there. It's being checked daily, every morning. Trust me.

What they might do like hotlapZL1 said is do a LT trunk swap which makes more sense @ factory. But we don't have any confirmation of that, you just might be the first if that is the case but that still leaves vehicles that were produced for almost 6 months now SCREWED. I am not spending 1k to buy the trunk and get it painted as it was 1 of the options.

Blade spoiler is a direct bolt on for the LT trunk lid as Glen has pointed out. Hopefully they will actually give you the LT trunk lid for your sake! Here is the kicker, if your car shows up with the SS wing, it won't be the LT trunk lid lol. Have the dealership send you a pic of the trunk once the car arrives so you know if it's LT or SS trunk lid haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote