Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #43
mrh923

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/M6 Cyber Gray Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
here my honest opinion, plz no bashing. SS> CTS coupe/// LT < cts coupe /// CTS V >> SS, LT

I feel the same way. If you're debating an LT v6 camaro vs a CTS, then I'd go with the CTS. If it was an SS, I'd have a different answer.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #44
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i like your taste.
If only I could afford 2 cars
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #45
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
The only reason the CTS v is even considered is for the amazing power. Other than that, a caddy is your grandpa car... looks like a touring sedan. LT or SS... both look like a sports car... and don't let these SS guys make you think it isn't a sport car. You want a sedan car, or a sports car?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #46
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
The CTS weigh's more than the lighter LLT and the CTS is shorter that's a turn off! I'd go for the SS with that price tag hands down instead of deciding over a LLT & CTS. The C5 has way more aftermarket support also. But that is just my $.02, get what makes you smile. Both are sexy cars, test drive both! And tell us your verdict.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #47
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I have to admit this is a extremely sexy car can't deny it.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #48
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I just wanted to put up some figures that might put a few things in perspective for you.

2011 (Non Convertible) Camaro 2LT MSRP: $27,350.00 (price does not include desitnation fees, license, registration, taxes or optional equipment)

2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD Performance Collection MSRP: $42,805.00 (price does not include desitnation fees, license, registration, taxes or optional equipment)

The LLT V6 in the 2011 Camaro puts out 312 horsepower and 278 ft-lbs of torque. The Cadillac Coupe LLT V6 puts out 304 horsepower and 273 ft-lbs of torque. For 2012 both engines will be getting upgraded. The Camaro v6 goes to the LFX and puts out 323 horsepower and the CTS Coupe gets the LFX as well rated at 318 horsepower. They're both very close in performance numbers but the options and other things like that are what is going to set them apart. I would suggest test driving both vehicles to make sure they are what fits you and your budget. I hope this information helps.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #49
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
The only reason the CTS v is even considered is for the amazing power. Other than that, a caddy is your grandpa car... looks like a touring sedan. LT or SS... both look like a sports car... and don't let these SS guys make you think it isn't a sport car. You want a sedan car, or a sports car?
Yeah, a CTS is a grandpa car.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #50
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Depends on what you're looking for. Having ANY model of the Camaro attracts attention, and there tone of mods to the car. Plus the Camaro LT is MUCH cheaper than the CTS coupe. Any Cadillac out there is a luxury car that happens to have sport options unless its a V series. The Camaro is the sports car of GM along with the Vette.
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #51
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
the CTS SEDAN might be a grandpa car.... not the CTS - V coupe .... the v coupe is a sports/luxury car as much as the SS is a sports/muscle car ... theres always a grey area when comparing...
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #52
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
The op asked LT or CTS plainly on the thread which mean he is comparing the 2 v6 option. The honest answer is, if you just want to buy it and drive than get the caddy, but if you are thinking about modding get the camaro. I will tell you right now, if you get the caddy and decide to mod it you are going to be in for a surprise! Talk about limited tuning its already limited for v6 camaro(only one tuner), but its even more limited for the caddy. At least camaro has everything else.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #53
xlroadster
Support Bill A09426!

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I don't get all these preconceived notions that the Caddy is a grandpa's car. There are two options out there for all prospective CTS coupe V6 owners: Performance and Premium. The major difference between the two is the suspension in which one gives you a connection with the road, the other away from it.

Again, it's about the OP's personal preference. The Camaro highlights GM's performance characteristics. The CTS highlights GM's refinement/technological characteristics.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #54
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
The op asked LT or CTS plainly on the thread which mean he is comparing the 2 v6 option. The honest answer is, if you just want to buy it and drive than get the caddy, but if you are thinking about modding get the camaro. I will tell you right now, if you get the caddy and decide to mod it you are going to be in for a surprise! Talk about limited tuning its already limited for v6 camaro(only one tuner), but its even more limited for the caddy. At least camaro has everything else.

Exactly... two different cars. IMO, the CTS is something your GRANFATHER(hope thats easier to swallow) would drive. I fully intend on throwing the grandkids in the back of one, one day. And im fully intending on the V, But try that with the Camaro.... Ya, right. Im sorry if I offended the older crowd. The OP asked for opinions, I gave mine like everyone else. No need for hostilities. He is not asking about the V, So I stated the only reason for it being in the thread is because of the engine. Its like everytime someone mentions a v6, a V8 guy has to grunt like his opinion is the only right one.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #55
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
As I mentioned earlier in this thread.....I traded my leased 2011 CTS Coupe and purchased the 2011 Camaro SS. The CTS that I had was the Performance Collection model with sunroof and listed for $44,145. The sunroof on the CTS only vents about an inch in the rear....it does not slide open! Also, the size of the car is slightly smaller than the Camaro (1.5" shorter and narrower). Trunk size is a cubic foot less and rear leg room is about the same as the Camaro ...which is very little! My reason for getting the Cadillac was to get down to one car and they offered an attractive lease program on it. Problem was with this being my only car I got bored with it! After selling my Corvette I missed the manual transmission and sporty performance and feel. So, I got out of the lease on the Caddy (without losing much) purchased my LS3 Camaro SS and couldn't be happier!

To the OP try out both cars and compare. If you want something more unique and money is not a problem maybe the CTS may be for you. However, the Camaro LT comparably equipped will be a very enjoyable car for a lot less money.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #56
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You're asking in a Camaro forum! Get the Camaro!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote