Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
Minor Leak at Top Seam of Rear Windshield

I have a 2013 2LT RS vert. After a hand car wash with heavy spray from a hose I noticed a single drip line of water had made its way down the inside of the rear windshield from the top. Upon close inspection it appears the top seam/seal around the rear window has a slight curve or has moved, and that appears to be where the water entered from. I've had no issues or further leaking during heavy rain or otherwise.

I went to the dealer for them to perform a soak test and they've informed me that the top does indeed need to be replaced. I have had no other leaking or other other mechanical issues with the roof.

My dealership intended to "sub" out the work to their upholstery contractor whom I am told have 'done this before'. I'm freaking out about exactly what it is they are going to do. Is it: 1) fabric with rear window already installed and brackets; 2) just fabric with rear window already installed; or 3) the fabric and they need to install the rear window in the seam? If it's the latter I'm concerned I'll have more problems that I do now.

I've read that some members have had more problems AFTER a repair because of not properly putting the roof together or issues with the water bag. Is there anything specific that i should be asking about/looking for during this repair? Anyone with a '13 have a replacement done that could share their experience? Cheers.
BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
I would DEFINITELY take it to the dealer for inspection. They might be able to reglue it or, worst case scenario, they'll need to remove the top in order to properly repair or replace the rear window and would be covered under your 3 yr. bumper to bumper warrany. Water issues always need to be properly remedied ASAP.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
I would DEFINITELY take it to the dealer for inspection. They might be able to reglue it or, worst case scenario, they'll need to remove the top in order to properly repair or replace the rear window and would be covered under your 3 yr. bumper to bumper warrany. Water issues always need to be properly remedied ASAP.
The replacement part has already arrived (roof) and I discussed with the dealer the process. The fabric (with new rear window already installed) will be replaced over the existing mechanism. The outfit they sub out to does all their upholstery and roof work. Hopefully they won't bugger it up
BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote