Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #2563
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'll have some OEM take offs here in a week or two... only been 200 mph once... more or less...

At least some part of my car will have reached ludicrous speed!

Awesome. Let me know how much and when. I'd be happy to take them off of your hands until Glen is able to get me my wheels.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #2564
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

At least some part of my car will have reached ludicrous speed!

Awesome. Let me know how much and when. I'd be happy to take them off of your hands until Glen is able to get me my wheels.
If you want them all, make me an offer, one that will leave you room to sell them when your wheels arrive...I need to get rid of them when the new ones show up....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #2565
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
If you want them all, make me an offer, one that will leave you room to sell them when your wheels arrive...I need to get rid of them when the new ones show up....
Perfect. Sounds like a plan.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #2566
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Did you put the led strip ambient lights & hook them with tie strips. Just curious,just posted the new mods on mine & that was 1of my mods. Hooked my to dome light from drivers side. plus some others. But I made a metel strip 15 in. long then drilled 2 holes in it connected to bottom of dash & used double sided tape and no ties. Your machine was why I stared doing mods.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #2567
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Did you put the led strip ambient lights & hook them with tie strips. Just curious,just posted the new mods on mine & that was 1of my mods. Hooked my to dome light from drivers side. plus some others. But I made a metel strip 15 in. long then drilled 2 holes in it connected to bottom of dash & used double sided tape and no ties. Your machine was why I stared doing mods.
Well, thank you very much!

Nope...no ties.

I put in two 15" LED flex strips on either end under the dash and TO the dash. The only thing holding them in place is the adhesive 3M backing. I wired them in to a manual switch on the side of the center console. That way, I can turn them on and off on command. I was thinking of adding a switch to the overhead dome so they come on and go off as the door opens and shuts....then have override with the side button..........................in fact, I think I'm going to do that.

Now...to figure out how to get it done!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #2568
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Footwell lighting looks great!!!

Does it dim in and out with the dome light when you open/close the doors?

EDIT: Dope!!! Of course you answered my question right before I posted... I want to say there'd a dome fuse/wire that you can tap into for power...but don't quote me.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #2569
BLU DUCE

spike III build

Quote:
Well, thank you very much!

Nope...no ties.

I put in two 15" LED flex strips on either end under the dash and TO the dash. The only thing holding them in place is the adhesive 3M backing. I wired them in to a manual switch on the side of the center console. That way, I can turn them on and off on command. I was thinking of adding a switch to the overhead dome so they come on and go off as the door opens and shuts....then have override with the side button..........................in fact, I think I'm going to do that.

Now...to figure out how to get it done!
I think I know how to do it that i'll have to check it out tomorrow. I just finished putting in new Auto hurst shifter lighted plate,customized mats Radio Billet face plate,new buddy cup holderall new brakes,&other mods.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #2570
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Footwell lighting looks great!!!

Does it dim in and out with the dome light when you open/close the doors?
Thanks...and no. Not yet. In fact, we were just discussing that. I want to get it all hooked up so that it'll come on and off when I open the doors. i'll have to figure out who to talk to about that so I can find which wires to tap into and how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
I think I know how to do it that i'll have to check it out tomorrow. I just finished putting in new Auto hurst shifter lighted plate,customized mats Radio Billet face plate,new buddy cup holderall new brakes,&other mods.
I know man! I just checked it out! Those winter mats are pretty damn cool. Don't really need them down here in Texas, but for those rainy and nasty days, they would come in handy. that shifter is bad @SS. Looks just like the concept shifter. And yes...I REALLY want new pedals. Now that I have the lighting down there, I have to make that area a little more appealing. Those pedals are pretty slick!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #2571
BLU DUCE

spike III's camaro

Quote:
Thanks...and no. Not yet. In fact, we were just discussing that. I want to get it all hooked up so that it'll come on and off when I open the doors. i'll have to figure out who to talk to about that so I can find which wires to tap into and how.

I know man! I just checked it out! Those winter mats are pretty damn cool. Don't really need them down here in Texas, but for those rainy and nasty days, they would come in handy. that shifter is bad @SS. Looks just like the concept shifter. And yes...I REALLY want new pedals. Now that I have the lighting down there, I have to make that area a little more appealing. Those pedals are pretty slick!
I would like too live somewhere I could use it for DD. But we average 150 inches of snow in central N.Y.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #2572
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

150 inches?!?! Holy crap, man! Nah....I love snow, but not THAT much!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #2573
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Dropped off the car on Tuesday to my SA dealer. Got it back Friday.

Had both rear axles replaced under factory powertrain warranty. Both were leaking grease at the CV boots.

Oil change as well. Documentation.

Car goes back this week for the drivers side seat heater to be fixed.

Still need to replace the passenger side dash abl light. Blew out a couple weeks ago when putting in the light pipes (crossed the wires). Won't take but 15 minutes. Still....that one light from behind the center dash REALLY lights up that whole light tube near perfectly. Kinda surprised....good light pipes from SJMAutoProd.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #2574
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #2575
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I don't know which little shit did this to my car, but if I find out, .....

It either happened at one of two friends houses yesterday (wasn't around the car all day as we were down at the mile) when it was parked outside,

or...

it happened today while I had it parked along the curb out in front of my house. Wish I knew.....

ugh... time to go see the dent guy...
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #2576
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
I don't know which little shit did this to my car, but if I find out, .....

It either happened at one of two friends houses yesterday (wasn't around the car all day as we were down at the mile) when it was parked outside,

or...

it happened today while I had it parked along the curb out in front of my house. Wish I knew.....

ugh... time to go see the dent guy...
Damn, that sux.... Why can't people leave stuff alone, or fess up if an accident occurs...

Thanks for coming down the other day... Enjoyed and appreciated the company...Wish I could have put on a better show, but there were some other fast cars...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper