Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #1
Brazensol

Drives: 2013 2SS
Lowered with Questions

Dropped the SS this weekend with BMR springs. Used the 1.4" drop on the rear and 1" for the front. Before springs the car sat 1/2" higher in the back and the plan was to get it close to even all the way around. Now it sits 3/8" or so higher in the front! My question is will the front settle down some over time or will I need to get another set of springs (1.4"/1.2" drop) for the front also? I will provide pics later on today.
Brazensol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
give the springs maybe a month to settle in,it'll probably be ok then.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Where did you take those measurements from ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Lowered with Questions

If you didn't time the bushings as Comrando suggests, the car will not drop as much as it should. Mine dropped another 1/2 inch (at least) after clocking the bushings. Make sure to get an alignment done as well.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
I haven't measure but mine is pretty even all around with 1" springs. I don't think it would look right if I used 1.4" in the back.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
Brazensol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Did you time the bushings?

Have you had a new alignment?

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
If you didn't time the bushings as Comrando suggests, the car will not drop as much as it should. Mine dropped another 1/2 inch (at least) after clocking the bushings. Make sure to get an alignment done as well.
Have not timed the bushing yet. Hopefully tomorrow and then an alignment. I hope your right about the 1/2'' because that would be just about right.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Brazensol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
I haven't measure but mine is pretty even all around with 1" springs. I don't think it would look right if I used 1.4" in the back.
Should be fine as I am going for a level look vs higher in the back.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
I'm interested to see how this turns out. I considered the same combination of BMR springs.

I've been trying to determine the best springs for my 2014 1LE which will level out the car, and not be too low as to make it a PITA driving on the street. Also, I don't want to sacrifice ride quality if I don't have to..

I've narrowed it down to Eibach, BMR 1" drop or Hotchkis. I'm not really in a hurry.

Lets us know how it is after timing the bushing and the alignment, and post some pictures please.

Thanks,
Brett

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #9
Brazensol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrbimmer View Post
I'm interested to see how this turns out. I considered the same combination of BMR springs.

I've been trying to determine the best springs for my 2014 1LE which will level out the car, and not be too low as to make it a PITA driving on the street. Also, I don't want to sacrifice ride quality if I don't have to..

I've narrowed it down to Eibach, BMR 1" drop or Hotchkis. I'm not really in a hurry.

Lets us know how it is after timing the bushing and the alignment, and post some pictures please.

Thanks,
Brett
Will do! I hope to get it timed today and aligned tomorrow. Depends on whether or not I can break away from work or not.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Rufnek
U.S. Army

Drives: All Chevy's
I just finished installing my BMR 1" drop springs this past weekend and swapped to BMR bushings. After installation I followed the recommendations for timing the bushings and it has been sitting for three days. I have noticed anywhere from 1/16" upto a 1/4" drop each day. I plan to let it sit until Saturday before doing the alignment as others have previously suggested.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #11
Brazensol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufnek View Post
I just finished installing my BMR 1" drop springs this past weekend and swapped to BMR bushings. After installation I followed the recommendations for timing the bushings and it has been sitting for three days. I have noticed anywhere from 1/16" upto a 1/4" drop each day. I plan to let it sit until Saturday before doing the alignment as others have previously suggested.
Getting aligned tomorrow. Guying doing the work is experienced in both lowering and lifting so I feel like I am in good hands. He was recommended by another local auto repair business which does outstanding work but unfortunately they don't do alignments.

I am hopefull the front will drop another ~1/2" or so after timing and alignment. I just didn't have room beneath the car to time it myself (Bum shoulder didn't help any either). If not I may have to get another set of front springs with a 1.2" or 1.4" drop. Although she does not look bad as she sits...
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
Getting aligned tomorrow. Guying doing the work is experienced in both lowering and lifting so I feel like I am in good hands. He was recommended by another local auto repair business which does outstanding work but unfortunately they don't do alignments.

I am hopefull the front will drop another ~1/2" or so after timing and alignment. I just didn't have room beneath the car to time it myself (Bum shoulder didn't help any either). If not I may have to get another set of front springs with a 1.2" or 1.4" drop. Although she does not look bad as she sits...

It'll come down more, I'm pretty sure of it. I was really shocked by the amount it dropped after they were clocked. The ride was much better as well.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #13
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I'd love it if you could post a few pics of it now OP.
I'm wondering if I should do the 1" front with 1.4" rear, or just do a 1" all around...
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #14
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Timing the bushings? How and why?
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote