Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Ford has a gazillion performance parts in its arsenal that do not void there warranty.With all the engineers at GM you would think that one day they will get off their ass and engineer parts that will not void our warranty.

From the V6 up to the ZL1 if you modify your car your warranty is null and void.Take for instance the cold air kit that was on just about every GM site that never came to fruition.Also the BS mufflers that cost as much as a catback with 0 HP gain,come on GM give us something to fight with that does not void our warranty.

I am sure this will go no where,I have heard similar gripes since joining this site.SHAME ON YOU GM
THIS. The performance aftermarket is so lacking from GM. I mean factory superchargers, intakes, and full catbacks, etc... From Ford. GM should step their factory or dealer-installed game up. I'd take a warranty with GM parts with a little performance cutback as compared to aftermarket.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #30
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Not surprised at all.

heres one running 9's with just bolt ons!

C5 still haven't accepted the fact that the '13 GT500 is king at the strip? lmao!!

Isn't that Erick's ZL1 from Torq?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #31
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
wow 17mph difference is HUGE!!

Thats like a LT1 Camaro compared with a Ls3 Vette

what is wrong with these cars???!!

CTSv's turn better times!, I thought the ZL1 was supposed to be an "easier" to drive car than the GT500??

Amazing that tune & tire ZL1s can't run the times GM published for them and tune & tire '13 GT500 run in the Z06/ZR1 realm

HUGE HUGE disappointment!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #32
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Im glad I didn't buy a ZL1. All the hype and nothing to show for..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #33
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
yeah then like two threads down there is a car running 10.8 with DR and ported blower. ha ha. pretty complex to pull an intake of a car ha ha.

10.8 with hardly any work at all. that is some hype for ya.

I have never even been 10.8 in my Z06 but I don't run tire.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #34
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
wow 17mph difference is HUGE!!

Thats like a LT1 Camaro compared with a Ls3 Vette

what is wrong with these cars???!!

CTSv's turn better times!, I thought the ZL1 was supposed to be an "easier" to drive car than the GT500??

Amazing that tune & tire ZL1s can't run the times GM published for them and tune & tire '13 GT500 run in the Z06/ZR1 realm

HUGE HUGE disappointment!
How is the car a disappointment when it has beaten the 13' GT500 in every overall head to head comparison!? I don't understand the thought process of some people. You are entitled to your own opinion but I just can't relate buddy. If drag racing is your thing then get a GT500. If having a more comfortable road car and everyday driver is more important than the Camaro is the way to go. For me I'll probably see the strip a handful of times so I could care less. Besides the car IS NOT SLOW! When in the hell did a stock 12 second car become slow?
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #35
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Im glad I didn't buy a ZL1. All the hype and nothing to show for..

It's definitely heads and shoulders above a 2ss and a hell of a base point to start from if you plan to mod. I usually don't chime in on these types of threads but what do you mean all hype and nothing to show for? You guys shouldn't be surprised that the GT500 is a better car at the strip. So because the camaro isn't a 10 or low 11 second car out the box it's a huge let down? I'm sorry I just can't agree with that but some will disagree.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #36
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
How is the car a disappointment when it has beaten the 13' GT500 in every overall head to head comparison!? I don't understand the thought process of some people. You are entitled to your own opinion but I just can't relate buddy. If drag racing is your thing then get a GT500. If having a more comfortable road car and everyday driver is more important than the Camaro is the way to go. For me I'll probably see the strip a handful of times so I could care less. Besides the car IS NOT SLOW! When in the hell did a stock 12 second car become slow?
it beat it how?
in the mind of journalists?
it has lost every scientific real world battle, in the quarter mile, on the track, lost the fuel economy battle ect ect
I'm sorry but being slower on and off the track to me is reality not what some metro sexual auto reviewer who favors BMWs thinks
These are the same magazine reviewers who once placed a Mazda Miata above a C6 Z06 because it was easier for their limp wrists to shift at WOT and the Miata never went fast enough in the corners to worry about seat support

12 seconds is not slow but is certainly not fast enough for what this car is intended for , hell a mind bolt on SS will walk the ZL1

the real question is when the hell did Camaro lovers become all about "handling" and "ride comfort"??!

Which car was more comfortable to drive? a SS 396 Camaro or a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang?? Don't remember?? yeah neither does anyone else

Face it everyone here wishes the Camaro posted the GT500's numbers and vice versa, magazine opinion be damned
Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #37
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
it beat it how?
in the mind of journalists?
it has lost every scientific real world battle, in the quarter mile, on the track, lost the fuel economy battle ect ect
I'm sorry but being slower on and off the track to me is reality not what some metro sexual auto reviewer who favors BMWs thinks
These are the same magazine reviewers who once placed a Mazda Miata above a C6 Z06 because it was easier for their limp wrists to shift at WOT and the Miata never went fast enough in the corners to worry about seat support

12 seconds is not slow but is certainly not fast enough for what this car is intended for , hell a mind bolt on SS will walk the ZL1

the real question is when the hell did Camaro lovers become all about "handling" and "ride comfort"??!

Which car was more comfortable to drive? a SS 396 Camaro or a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang?? Don't remember?? yeah neither does anyone else

Face it everyone here wishes the Camaro posted the GT500's numbers and vice versa, magazine opinion be damned
First of all thanks for at least agreeing that 12 seconds is not slow
Secondly what is the car intended for according to you? This car has fulfilled it's purpose in my opinion whether you agree with the "Metrosexual" journalists or not. Most of those reviews had professional drivers who also picked the Camaro as the better car but I guess we will call them "Metrosexuals with acquired skills". My purpose for the car which is probably the vast majority is to look hella good and run hella fast which if definitely does I'm not going to even kid you in saying i'm a every other weekend track or dragstrip guy because i'm not which i'm sure most people on this site fit into this category. This is simply a great car in my opinion of course. As far as an SS is concerned bolt for bolt your a** will be in a losing battle. You are right again when you say most ZL1 owners wished they could post the GT500 numbers from stock but obviously that doesn't matter because it sure didn't to me. On a side note its sure good to know that the GT500 that's getting compared to the ZL1 is with the add on Performance package which makes it damn near a 70K Car!.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #38
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
12.9?...... Hoping to hit that time in my SS, N/A.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #39
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
I was at the Track last night with Erik@Torq and all of the Guys and I can Assure you that there is a TON more left in the car... Erik will be the first to admit that he's not the greatest drag car driver... Now I would Pay money to watch that GT500 race him where some turns are involved....
we all know that the Shelby is not as "Consistent" as the ZL1 on the road course.

But the Shelby is king at the strip.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #40
LINMUP

Drives: 1982 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
I was at the Track last night with Erik@Torq and all of the Guys and I can Assure you that there is a TON more left in the car... Erik will be the first to admit that he's not the greatest drag car driver... Now I would Pay money to watch that GT500 race him where some turns are involved....
No need to yell at us to get your point across....mine is that a modded ZL1 should run better than 12.9....seeing as stock ones can run 12.1-12.4.
LINMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #41
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
First of all thanks for at least agreeing that 12 seconds is not slow
Secondly what is the car intended for according to you? This car has fulfilled it's purpose in my opinion whether you agree with the "Metrosexual" journalists or not. Most of those reviews had professional drivers who also picked the Camaro as the better car but I guess we will call them "Metrosexuals with acquired skills". My purpose for the car which is probably the vast majority is to look hella good and run hella fast which if definitely does I'm not going to even kid you in saying i'm a every other weekend track or dragstrip guy because i'm not which i'm sure most people on this site fit into this category. This is simply a great car in my opinion of course. As far as an SS is concerned bolt for bolt your a** will be in a losing battle. You are right again when you say most ZL1 owners wished they could post the GT500 numbers from stock but obviously that doesn't matter because it sure didn't to me. On a side note its sure good to know that the GT500 that's getting compared to the ZL1 is with the add on Performance package which makes it damn near a 70K Car!.
Lose his ass lol. Have u seen the stock LS3 SS 1/4 mile list? The times range 12.5 to 13.0..So ya a bolt on SS would beat a Stock ZL1 IMO.

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #42
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
we all know that the Shelby is not as "Consistent" as the ZL1 on the road course.

But the Shelby is king at the strip.
I believe u need to reread the stats. The Shelby was just as consistent in the test however no one has done a long term race either.