Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #169
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98on20s View Post
Is there photos where I connect the three hoses?
The very beginning of this thread has some really great pics. The third hose to the air intake. Should find everything you need to install in this thread. Good luck, its pretty easy to install a catch can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #170
Mooseknuckle

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Here is a general question - why is the standard to use EPDM hoses vs replacing with lighter convoluted plastic tube (moonwall I believe) with quick connects? I need to verify, but I believe the part being removed is from my company. For any of the sponsors looking for a lighter setup, PM me as we have a specialty parts group that will quote this type of product - custom cut to length pieces with installed QCs.
Mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 AM   #171
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
How in the world are you people getting the original line off? I can not get my hand in there for the life of me.
Then once it is off, how are you guys connecting the new tube? I know some are using the hose clamps and others aren't but there is no room to work. To small of a space.
Whats the secret from you guys installing this in 15 minutes?? Dam!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #172
Dr.Spike

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
I moved the bracket aside that is just above the line to give extra room for my large hands. With a long flat blade screwdriver the line popped off in seconds.

I was able to use hose clamps with a long needle nose pliers and the bracket still set aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
How in the world are you people getting the original line off? I can not get my hand in there for the life of me.
Then once it is off, how are you guys connecting the new tube? I know some are using the hose clamps and others aren't but there is no room to work. To small of a space.
Whats the secret from you guys installing this in 15 minutes?? Dam!!
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #173
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
I moved the bracket aside that is just above the line to give extra room for my large hands. With a long flat blade screwdriver the line popped off in seconds.

I was able to use hose clamps with a long needle nose pliers and the bracket still set aside.

Thanks....
Are people disconnecting the negative side of the battery? I see some diy write ups on here where they make no mention of it..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #174
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
I mounted my CC on the ZL1 in the CAI so as to condense better. Cooler the the better. Yes in the CAI it is way cooler than in engine bay, that's why we use CAI.
Attached Images

Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote