Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #505
BigDaddy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeno310 View Post
encore presentation of this episode's on at 4pm today.. i got national geographic hd so i'm gonna record it digitally while it's on today.. maybe i'll post it as a torrent or something so y'all can watch it?

Thanks for the tip, got my reminder set on the cable box.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #506
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
encore presentation of this episode's on at 4pm today.. i got national geographic hd so i'm gonna record it digitally while it's on today.. maybe i'll post it as a torrent or something so y'all can watch it?

YES PLEASE!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #507
camaroincarolina

Drives: 1SS Aqua Blue Metallic
Awesome show. I watched it today with my son who loved it, too. I'd love to see it again. Very exciting to see how it was actually made.
camaroincarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #508
cool.c

Drives: bounce
hello from germany!

it would be really awesome if you manage to upload the show somewhere!

we don't have national geographic around here and I can't seem to find a download anywhere...
I really would like to watch the show myself!

Thanks in advance and best wishes
cool.c
cool.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #509
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I love how they're showing an SS while talking about the V6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
I like how they keep talking about the V6 engine and showing an SS...

edit: Holy crap, Jinx Fenwick. :P
I know...made me cringe every time they did that. Nothing against the V6 at all...my point is c'mon guys...get it right. Do your research for crying out loud and get someone that knows the details about the car to watch the freakin' video to make sure everything is accurate before you release it. What else was said in the program that is not accurate I wonder? Geez. I'm sure there was a decent amount of $ spent on filming/editing/producing it. So get it right!

On a milder note, I did rather enjoy the program.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #510
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Well, I may not be alone here (or am I?), but I do feel like when compared to otehr UF's, this was a little lacking. Just about every portion was rushed through and not really explained. I know there's too much to show, but like I said, compared to other UF shows, they could have done it. I've seen the Corvette, Porsche and Ferrari UF, and I really enjoyed how they showed how the detail was done. You actually saw someone fitting the leather over the dash, or seat. I remember when they showed how the dash went in first on the camaro. Ok, so who built the dash, what detail went into it. Stuff like that. It just seemed like the other UF's slowed down a bit to really explain what was going on and what care really went into the building of the car.

It's not that I didn't like it, I just feel it was missing that UF spark that the others have.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #511
BOETIE

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
As reported on Homepage.

Those of you familiar with National Geographic's "Ultimate Factories" series will be ecstatic to hear that the Camaro will be featured in its very own installment of the series on October 15th @ 8pm ET on the National Geographic channel. And for those of you not yet familiar, you're in for a treat!

The Ultimate Factories series features segments on the manufacturing process of various industries, such as autos (Corvette, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, fire trucks), military equipment (Apache helicopter, M-1 Tank), and other industries such as IKEA and Caterpillar. The programs not only cover the manufacturing process from beginning to end, but also often features insight into the history and passionate following associated with the products.

The segment on the Camaro began filming at GM's Oshawa Plant beginning late July. And although we've previously been given some looks into the production process of the 2010 Camaro, the program is sure to provide a much more cohesive story and looks into the entire Camaro production process. So, make sure to mark the date and time down on your calendars (or set your DVRs) and tune into what surely will be a fascinating look into the history and birth process of your Camaros!

Attachment 57884

Dayyoem.....maybe I can watch mine come down the Pipe !!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #512
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
maybe i'll post it as a torrent or something so y'all can watch it?

......well???.........
Old 10-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #513
okitsugu

Drives: Chevy Camaro '95 v6 3.4l
Quote:
maybe i'll post it as a torrent or something so y'all can watch it?
Please do!, i'm willing to put it up on my host as well, just need it first!
okitsugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #514
ROE

Drives: 2008 cts
WAS Great seen it twice
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #515
TeamChevy
Oshawa Launch Team (Ret)

Drives: 2022 Camaro (Order #: ZSRQPW)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpiselli View Post
A couple of questions about what I saw:
1) To build the undercarriage you need three components: an engine compartment, a floor pan, and a rear compartment. Are we to assume that these pieces are produced in the stamping portion of the plant? Or, are these fabricated elsewhere? I would have liked to see how those components are fabricated.
2) How much different is this generation's assembly process different from the third and fourth generation?
Thanks,
Tony
Tony,

1) - Each section is built separately on it's own line and merged on the Underbody line.

2) - I believe the process is different due to design, but the basics are the same.

TeamChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #516
bodj

Drives: 1lt ABM
Send a message via AIM to bodj
So I'm a little confused on this "a camaro rolls off the line every minute" statement. Lets so the math, shall we?

60 minutes in a hour. Thats 60 camaros an hour. Lets say the plant isn't producing them 24/7 to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe its open at minimum 12 hours a day, say 5 days a week. 60x12 = 720 camaros a day. At 5 days a week, this is 3,600 camaros a week. Now, 4 weeks in a month (underside of things, once again) leaves us at 14,400 units produced per month. Production went full swing in what, may? May June July August September. My car has a vin# of 47xxx and was built on the week of september 14th. According to their standard, I should have had vin#79xxx. One minute just seems kinda fast Seeing as they claim 8months to get one, this was most likely filmed before they were even being pumped out. However maybe now thats the fact?
bodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #517
Main

Drives: 10 Camaro 2LT, 10 SRX FWD
There is a torrent right now for this, it says from "Camaro5"... but no one is seeding..

Anyone?

Please?
Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #518
cool.c

Drives: bounce
where can I get this download?

Last edited by cool.c; 10-27-2009 at 03:52 PM.
cool.c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video, youtube