Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #141
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
wouldn't put the 09 mustang dead last; i think its even w/ the camaro interior; both are pretty standard plastic insides, not bad though. i like the camaro interior but i don't buy cars for interiors really. if you want a good interior go pontiac or maybe even 2010 mustang.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #142
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
Don't blame you for not liking the interior. If the camaros interior was a little bit better, I would have definitely of bought it. I am now buying a 2010, yes a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, of course it will have some goodies soon.
Thanks for supporting America

---------------------
On another note,

Do you guys Feel up your Interior Plastics every time you drive??

My Point is Most of you guys are so obsessed with having a Non plastic Dash board. and the truth is You Will Almost never Touch your Dash board!!!! Unless your cleaning it

and who the hell cares if your interior is plastic?
Old 07-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #143
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
the interior is not bad enough to give up the camaro styling or the V8 for pete's sake... its not even that bad, just not as refined as some cars. the seats are good though.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #144
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Sorry guy ,but a Genesis in the same talk as Camaro ,Chally and Mustang??I don't recall a genesis muscle car in the 65-80 era.you should be comparing them with Zs and eclipses .and call me in a few years when our 3 makes will still be going strong and you can't give yours away.
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #145
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Ok so I have to comment on some of this. I rented a 2010 Camaro so I could see how I liked it. It drove great, but seeing out the rear quarters is a nightmare. The interior is ok but sort of cheaply made. The passenger seat is way too low and can't be adjusted any higher. I paid $200 to see if it was something I wanted to buy. Sure, people love to look and gawk at it, but if that is all you want then just drive around in a clown suit with a rubber nose, people will still look at you. I'm more interested in the driving experience than what others think.

I also drove two 2010 mustang GT's. The visibility is better, it feels more like driving any other car. The interior materials are better and don't have that cheap appearance. The emergency brake handle is nowhere near your knee, I don't see how that is possible. And a full power passenger seat is available.

Also, I don't buy into the "wait for the better engine" philosophy. The 4.6 is proven and reliable. The new engine is an unknown. I don't care if the SS has more power. I don't race people on the street. The GT is plenty quick enough for my needs.

For all these reasons I have ordered the Mustang and I feel as though I made the decision based upon what I experienced with both cars, rather than what others think and say about it.

I think it would be a mistake to choose either car without driving both.

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #146
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
I respect your decision.Enjoy your mustang
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #147
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I don't get how people can be disappointed by the Camaro interior. I love it, IMO much better than the 2009 mustang and right on par with the 2010. Blows the Chally out of the water.
i believe it is too "spacey"
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #148
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
Also, I don't buy into the "wait for the better engine" philosophy. The 4.6 is proven and reliable. The new engine is an unknown. I don't care if the SS has more power. I don't race people on the street. The GT is plenty quick enough for my needs.
If there's one thing Ford/Chevy know how to do, it's make a good V8. IMO, you'll be sorry you didn't wait for Coyote at roughly 400/400. It's coming and fast in response to the Camaro. But whatever, enjoy your car man.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #149
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Enjoy the mustang, but honestly, I could really care less if the passenger seat is not power adjustable. I won't be sitting in it ever, so I really don't care As for interior materials being 'cheap'... i still don't understand this one. Its a Camaro, a muscle car, not a luxury vehicle. If you are that worried about the quality of the interior, get a Caddy or something... Anywho, as I've stated before, the only real things that keep me from seriously considering the mustang are the engines (less power, less MPG), and the looks of the rear end (it kind bubbles outward, just looks weird to me). But if these things don't matter to you, than by all means, get what YOU want and not what everyone ELSE wants you to get
Old 07-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #150
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Enjoy the mustang, but honestly, I could really care less if the passenger seat is not power adjustable. I won't be sitting in it ever, so I really don't care As for interior materials being 'cheap'... i still don't understand this one. Its a Camaro, a muscle car, not a luxury vehicle. If you are that worried about the quality of the interior, get a Caddy or something... Anywho, as I've stated before, the only real things that keep me from seriously considering the mustang are the engines (less power, less MPG), and the looks of the rear end (it kind bubbles outward, just looks weird to me). But if these things don't matter to you, than by all means, get what YOU want and not what everyone ELSE wants you to get
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #151
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Quote:
Thankfully we are not living in the 60's any more. Your argument does not hold water. If you care so much about what the exterior of the car looks like, it would only make sense that you would care about the interior as well. After all, you as the driver would be seeing it all the time. A muscle car can be comfortable and powerful. Maybe you would like to bring back ignition points, mechanical chokes, non-power drum brakes, non-power steering, 8 track tapes and sweaty-ass vinyl seats.

My question to you is this: have you driven a 2010 GT or is this just all talk?

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #152
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Anywho, as I've stated before, the only real things that keep me from seriously considering the mustang are the engines (less power, less MPG)

You know owners of s197's are getting 24mpg on average with highs of 28mpg right? not that i am into them just correcting some information on your side.
Unfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #153
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfair View Post
You know owners of s197's are getting 24mpg on average with highs of 28mpg right? not that i am into them just correcting some information on your side.
Thats cool and all, but the lack of power is still there. And if they are getting those kinda numbers, I'd like to see what the V6 Camaros are getting after a proper break in, I'm sure it would be higher than those (it would make sense at least, but who knows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
Thankfully we are not living in the 60's any more. Your argument does not hold water. If you care so much about what the exterior of the car looks like, it would only make sense that you would care about the interior as well. After all, you as the driver would be seeing it all the time. A muscle car can be comfortable and powerful. Maybe you would like to bring back ignition points, mechanical chokes, non-power drum brakes, non-power steering, 8 track tapes and sweaty-ass vinyl seats.

My question to you is this: have you driven a 2010 GT or is this just all talk?
I never said that I don't care about the interior of the car. I said its a muscle car, therefore I don't expect the interior to be extravagant. And I have sat in the (1LT and 2LT) Camaro and it IS plenty comfortable. And I've already stated in quite a few other threads that I like the Camaro interior because it is very unique from all the other cars out there. And I never said anything about driving the 2010, I said the back end is ugly (imo) because it bubbles out. If they'd kept it fairly straight back there, it would look pretty good. And the OTHER reason I love the Camaro so much is because it is a more technologically advanced machine than the 2010 Mustang. DI, independent rear suspension, etc. Those are just facts, and I am not trying to burn you on your choice of car. I appreciate anything that is American, trust me
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #154
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
I recently drove my cousins 07' dark grey GT with the 5 speed, nice car, quick, really fun to drive. I like the mustangs but something tells me I just might like my SS better when it arrives.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote