Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #43
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
I took the rattle away from my baby today. Crap it was driving me nuts. 3 of the 4 were broke. Wasnt a tough job at all. 30 minutes by myself
Attachment 875720
Could you do a write up on how to change it? The instructions I got are pretty vague and mention a screw under the latch handle that I cannot find. I have the part, i just have not gotten around to changing it out.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:22 AM   #44
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Could you do a write up on how to change it? The instructions I got are pretty vague and mention a screw under the latch handle that I cannot find. I have the part, i just have not gotten around to changing it out.
I can. I didn't take pictures while disassembling it though.

The basic gist of the deal is you have to take the outer fabric loose from the front edge of the roof and peel it up and over so you can get at the 4 screws that are fastened from the top down into the header panel. That screw you are looking for is pretty obvious if you look at the new part held up next to the old one in the car.

I'll try to snap a few pictures when I get a chance.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:35 AM   #45
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
I can. I didn't take pictures while disassembling it though.

The basic gist of the deal is you have to take the outer fabric loose from the front edge of the roof and peel it up and over so you can get at the 4 screws that are fastened from the top down into the header panel. That screw you are looking for is pretty obvious if you look at the new part held up next to the old one in the car.

I'll try to snap a few pictures when I get a chance.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #46
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
So - an update on my rattle. even though I was 40 days past warranty - GM said they would cover the repair. I have however, bookmarked this site, as from what I read - I will be doing this myself sometime in the future! Car is in today - and hopefully rattle free for my drive to work tomorrow!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #47
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
Ah - Silence is Golden (well, other than the sound of my exhaust and upgraded Stereo, but they provide Music, not NOISE!) YEAH!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #48
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
Ah - Silence is Golden (well, other than the sound of my exhaust and upgraded Stereo, but they provide Music, not NOISE!) YEAH!

Mine would really talk to you when you hit the last set up rumble strips coming up to a stop sign. Now it's quiet.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #49
ssfox

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
So I've been listening to mine rattle for years. Had the top replaced under warranty in 2014.
Stumbled across this thread and decided to take a look.
Go figure, looks like the dealership must have broke 3 of the 4 during repair and instead of replacing the part they just tried to fix it and looks like they were successful on all but one.
What a joke!
I don't care that it's been years, the service manager will get a earful when I get there.
Little do they know I got connections at GM and if they get me pissed off I will go to no end to let them know what the dealership did.
Unbelievable.
Attached Images

ssfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #50
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
I have the exact same rattle on my 2014. That piece is loose on the driver side and suspect the boss is broken. The pic above shows gluing broken pieces, but would it be a good idea to put epoxy around the posts to help reinforce it?
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #51
ssfox

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Probably won't hurt.
ssfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #52
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Carried my '15 in today and showed the body shop manager. They wrote it up and said yep under warranty. They will call me to schedule the replacement in a week or so. I like the idea of placing epoxy around the bosses to reinforce them. Has anyone done that to repair their own?
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #53
Winddrake54

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Convertible
Quick question. I got the replacement part, thanks for the part number. I removed the bottom 7 screws to get to the top to fold it back, but I couldn't actually figure out how to get the top loose to fold it back. Rather than damage it by forcing it like I'm prone to do, I figured I'd ask for advice. Any tips for a noob?
Winddrake54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:34 AM   #54
69 SS 350 5 Speed

Drives: 69 SS Camaro 2019 Corvette GS Vert.
You pull forward on the top material to remove it from the bow number 1 and then fold it back enough the remove the molding screws then install the new header panel and reverse the process to complete the job.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #55
Winddrake54

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Convertible
Gotcha, the part that had me confused was from another thread that mentioned some extra screws that hold the fabric adjusters? I'll give it another shot after work. Thanks.
Winddrake54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #56
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winddrake54 View Post
Gotcha, the part that had me confused was from another thread that mentioned some extra screws that hold the fabric adjusters? I'll give it another shot after work. Thanks.

Dragging this back up to give a bit of clarification - I swapped the trim piece today on my wife's convertible. In addition to peeling from the front edge, there's a short piece on each side that needs to be pulled out as well so that the corners come up over the edge of Bow 1. In order to put this short piece back, there are rubber alignment/insulating brackets that have a lip on them that the fabric clips go on. I had to remove these, attach the top fabric clip and reinstall. Same T25 screws (2) per bracket.