Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
TheToddFather

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS
Question Do Kooks Green Cats Fit Any Brand Headers?

I’m looking to get a set of TSP 1 7/8” LT Headers for my 2020 SS but want the Green cats from Kooks for when I add a blower without buying anything twice. Does anyone know if those cats will fit on other brand’s LTs? I’d think the answer is yes, as long as the collector is 3” but I’m not sure on the actual connection. Do all headers have the typical triangle collector bracket still? It’s been years since I put on headers. Thanks for any suggestions.

2020 Camaro 1SS
RotoFab Big Gulp w/ sound tube delete
CF splitter and side skirts
TheToddFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Anything can fit... with enough money.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:17 AM   #3
Mbrajkovic1

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I actually purchased my Texas Speed 1 7/8" Headers with Hi-Flow Cats from Texas Speed. Same system made it an easier install!
Mbrajkovic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrajkovic1 View Post
I actually purchased my Texas Speed 1 7/8" Headers with Hi-Flow Cats from Texas Speed. Same system made it an easier install!
Those generic cats will not withstand anywhere near the power levels of the Kooks Ultra Green Cats.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
TheToddFather

Thanks for the replies thus far. I haven’t been able to find anything as far as pictures of the Green cats to see the actual connections. It seems these days that everything except for Hooker headers slide in with the expectation of using muffler brackets or welding. I know I’m old, but I remember when everything bolted together with collector gaskets. Looks like those are a thing of the past. Maybe if I stop being so cheap, I should by the Kooks at a couple hundred more to ensure the proper fit. Just sucks those Green Cats are $1100 a pair. You’d think they were made of gold... or platinum...
Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #6
TheToddFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Those generic cats will not withstand anywhere near the power levels of the Kooks Ultra Green Cats.
What did you choose for cats or are you catless? I see you have a Whipple and a good LT4 bottom end. Seems your build is pretty close to my end goal as far as blower and internals. Also notice you have an A8 compared to my A10 but I don’t see a TC listed. Did you get a cam grind mild enough to not need one? I know I went off topic. No worries if you don’t respond. Sorry.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToddFather View Post
What did you choose for cats or are you catless? I see you have a Whipple and a good LT4 bottom end. Seems your build is pretty close to my end goal as far as blower and internals. Also notice you have an A8 compared to my A10 but I don’t see a TC listed. Did you get a cam grind mild enough to not need one? I know I went off topic. No worries if you don’t respond. Sorry.
I went with the matching Dynatech Powercats to go with my 2” ceramic coated headers. But they were getting nuclear during initial dyno testing, so I pulled them off to make sure they weren’t getting melted...! They survived glowing, literally, so that’s a good sign. Lol. I’m currently catless until I’m comfortable with my tune & final setup. I’m pullied very conservative right now (880 crank HP, car is obviously capable of much more once the fueling is beefed up more).

Stock TC since my cam was ground to be very streetable yet support 1K WHP and then some. 229/245 .650/.630 on a 120 LSA.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #8
Joshinator99

Quote:
Thanks for the replies thus far. I haven’t been able to find anything as far as pictures of the Green cats to see the actual connections. It seems these days that everything except for Hooker headers slide in with the expectation of using muffler brackets or welding. I know I’m old, but I remember when everything bolted together with collector gaskets. Looks like those are a thing of the past. Maybe if I stop being so cheap, I should by the Kooks at a couple hundred more to ensure the proper fit. Just sucks those Green Cats are $1100 a pair. You’d think they were made of gold... or platinum...
Just get the matching Kooks headers. American made, and will make your life easier to fit up the Green Cats. But probably better off going catless until your tuning is done IMO.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #9
TheToddFather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Just get the matching Kooks headers. American made, and will make your life easier to fit up the Green Cats. But probably better off going catless until your tuning is done IMO.
That’s a pretty helpful piece of advice. I didn’t want it too loud, but I guess as long as I keep the stock NPP exhaust and skip an x-pipe, it shouldn’t be terrible. I just didn’t want the fumes. I like the idea of the Greens after I’m all done with everything. Thanks for the cam specs, also!
Old 08-17-2020, 09:57 PM   #10
Joshinator99

Quote:
That’s a pretty helpful piece of advice. I didn’t want it too loud, but I guess as long as I keep the stock NPP exhaust and skip an x-pipe, it shouldn’t be terrible. I just didn’t want the fumes. I like the idea of the Greens after I’m all done with everything. Thanks for the cam specs, also!
Same here on the fumes, planning on adding the cats back in later. My off road pipes are on V-bands, so swapping in the off road pipes for track use should be a breeze. Then back to cats on the street.

Hit up the guys at CamMotion and they can help you spec out a custom cam like I did. Definitely the way to go.