Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
passenger side lights are out

So the other day I noticed my passenger fog light went out. Ordered new ones online and they came in today. I swapped the bulb and it still wont turn on. When I started checking it out I noticed the passenger side sidemarkers both front and rear aren't on either. Any ideas here? the "fog lamp" fuse looks fine. Also, all the lights on the driver side work perfectly. Any ideas? im stumped

Adam

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Check your wiring harness...

Could be your BCM too. Lights start acting weird when it starts going out. My passenger tail lights went out and fuses looked fine too. After troubleshooting and finally taking it in for service, it turned out to be my BCM. It'll cost you about 600 to fix if not under warranty. The part alone is around 450.

Good luck.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:48 AM   #3
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

New update: Came outside today and noticed the rear passenger marker light is in fact working. So now its just the front passenger sidemarker and passenger DRL ( Fog light ) that isn't working.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 01-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #4
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Well yea, something is definitely wrong here. Took a ride to my warehouse for work and everything was working. Just went outside to grab a smoke and turned on the lights and everything on the passenger side is out again. GRRRRR

Old 01-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #5
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Rats?
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Rats?
BCM.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
I'm going to laugh when OP finds chewed up wires.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #8
LuSINda

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Ground wire?

Lusinda
2010 2SS/RS
LuSINda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Check the bumper harness, if you got one of the cheap DRL harness , that are made in that long a way land, its more then likely it corroded terminals inside, there don't come with seals and cavity plugs, that allows water to get in.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #10
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
I'm going to laugh when OP finds chewed up wires.
Thanks for the help... Dick

Old 01-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #11
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Check the bumper harness, if you got one of the cheap DRL harness , that are made in that long a way land, its more then likely it corroded terminals inside, there don't come with seals and cavity plugs, that allows water to get in.
I do have one of those Amazon DRL harnesses that I threw on the car about 5 years ago. I think im gonna order one from you guys and swap it out. Its cheap enough to give it a shot before I go the BCM route

Old 01-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #12
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I do have one of those Amazon DRL harnesses that I threw on the car about 5 years ago. I think im gonna order one from you guys and swap it out. Its cheap enough to give it a shot before I go the BCM route
It's always best to disclose "enhancements" up front when asking for advice on problems.

My rule with late model cars is: no electrical enhancements ever. Guaranteed can of worms. Example: after market radio installed, resulting in DRL function killed off.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:37 PM   #13
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
It's always best to disclose "enhancements" up front when asking for advice on problems.

My rule with late model cars is: no electrical enhancements ever. Guaranteed can of worms. Example: after market radio installed, resulting in DRL function killed off.
Normally I would have mentioned it up front but I did have this thing installed for the last 5.5years with no issue so I didn't think anything of it. Good point though

Old 01-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #14
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Normally I would have mentioned it up front but I did have this thing installed for the last 5.5years with no issue so I didn't think anything of it. Good point though
At the last Camaro fest had a costumer that had the cheep DRL eat true his bumper harness terminates, we had to solder a new pig tale on the car, that was lots of fun in summer outside in the heat, but that fixed it.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote