Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Not just the actual idea, but when did things really start rolling?

I would rather let Scott answer, I don't want to this in my driveway.

As far as his book. He's always joked about writing a book when he retires from GM. If he were to write it now GM would retire him.

We'll have to wait in see..............
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
If I remember reading correctly, that was a contract from when the car came out in '66. GM couldn't build the car in another plant or something because it had exclusive rights to build only there, so it was almost like GM intentionally killed the car, to get out of the contract, to build somewhere else. It was in Hot Rod or something like that some time ago. I'll see if I can dig that article up and scan it. It was pretty interesting though, even though it was still speculation; like everything up to this point...
Wow that is really wrong... the car wasn't even made in Canada until later in it's life... It was originally made in Norwood Ohio and Van Nuys California... I'm not sure when production was moved to Canada, but it was made in America for a long time before Canada got it... I wouldn't doubt if the 4th gen only was made there due to NAFTA...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm not sure of the dates, or even if it had to do with NAFTA but I remember it was something to that effect. I better find it before I have to put my foot in my mouth.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Wow that is really wrong... the car wasn't even made in Canada until later in it's life... It was originally made in Norwood Ohio and Van Nuys California... I'm not sure when production was moved to Canada, but it was made in America for a long time before Canada got it... I wouldn't doubt if the 4th gen only was made there due to NAFTA...
Only 4th Gens were built at St. Therese...93-02's.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=Therese

Now...It was posted on this site a while back...if I could only find the St. Therese video. AGH!!!

Mindz...did you post that video?...of St. Therese?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Only 4th Gens were built at St. Therese...93-02's.

Now...It was posted on this site a while back...if I could only find the St. Therese video. AGH!!!

Yup. Even I have difficulty sometimes finding my own posts. It's a little off topic, but still great to watch none-the-less!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:55 AM   #20
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
If I remember reading correctly, that was a contract from when the car came out in '66. GM couldn't build the car in another plant or something because it had exclusive rights to build only there, so it was almost like GM intentionally killed the car, to get out of the contract, to build somewhere else. It was in Hot Rod or something like that some time ago.
It's a bit of a long read, but fascinating nonetheless... Guy McCoy is a regular contributor on camaroz28.com (guionM).
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...aro/index.html

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #21
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
It's a bit of a long read, but fascinating nonetheless... Guy McCoy is a regular contributor on camaroz28.com (guionM).
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...aro/index.html

Best regardSS,

Elie
HUH! All these years that I've been going to cz28.com...been seeing guionM post...and I own that magazine and have read that article many, MANY times. What a small world!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks Ellie; that's exactly what I was thinking about. I have to read it again though...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote