Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
Lightbulb A couple questions regarding consensus/allocation

I have ordered a 2SS RS from a dealer that has 18 allocations. I am number 5 at the dealer. I havent really talked to my salesman since we finalized the order back in October. I plan on sending him an email in the next day or so but figured i could ask you guys some questions in the mean time.

1. Can a salesman have no idea about the consensus and never end up putting my order in? (not saying this is whats going on, but just wondering) If so, what happens?

2. Due to the fact that my dealer has 18 allocations, does that mean they will get more cars faster than say, a smaller dealer?

3. My salesman told me that i will be in the first "run of deliveries( 1st batch of 8 cars to be delivered) Is this possible? He told me this back in October. Would the delay of production affect this?

4. When do you think I will see my car. I know nobody can really answer this but does anyone have a rough idea? I ordered a 2SS RS, LS3 6 speed manual, Hurst STS, Silver Ice Metallic with black rally stripes, IOM Interior and IOM Accents, and Sunroof. I am number 5 at the dealer and am thinking I can see my car by summer or possibly see it by late may if i'm really lucky.

I know this was a mouthful and appreciate your time for reading all of this and helping me out. I think I am just worried things will not work out because my salesman doesnt keep in touch. I just need some reassurance! lol Thanks for your help in advance!

- Anthony
CamaroEnergy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
#1 , yes and yes. Do you have order #, if he hasn't put it in yet he better do so before 3/15.
#2 , 18 allocations is not alot. No I don't think it should matter.
#3 , doubt they are getting 8 allocated cars first shipment. Probably 1 or 2
#4 , I would bet on this summer, probably earlier than later if it has been pre-ordered, and if it hasn't go back to #1

There are many threads on this, you should look around, or ask Camaro_Scotty or one of the dealers, they know much more than me. GL

Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Agree with the silver man. I'm at 5 of 18 (I think) as well and I'm thinking June for delivery. Dealer's guess was around the same. And keep in mind, most of us are dealing with idiot dealers so you're not the only one.

Go post your order number in this thread and he'll look up your order info for you so you can verify that it's been placed. If it's in, you should be good to go.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Agree with the silver man. I'm at 5 of 18 (I think) as well and I'm thinking June for delivery. Dealer's guess was around the same. And keep in mind, most of us are dealing with idiot dealers so you're not the only one.

Go post your order number in this thread and he'll look up your order info for you so you can verify that it's been placed. If it's in, you should be good to go.
At status 1100, are you sure we are in? Does the dealer have to re-put us in when they get the next allocation if we weren't in the first allocation?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Yeah, im confused. What status number should we be at if all is good. 1100?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
At status 1100, are you sure we are in? Does the dealer have to re-put us in when they get the next allocation if we weren't in the first allocation?
My understanding is that they don't re-put the information in but they do pick the orders that move on to the next step. They'll get notified that they've got a slot open and then they go in and push it through. But even if they don't do that (the whole dealership was on vacation for a month or something) the GM order system will use their assigned priority numbers to automatically select the orders with highest priority that can be built that week.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life View Post
Yeah, im confused. What status number should we be at if all is good. 1100?
If you're #1 and your dealer got a car allocated in this cycle, possibly 3000. Otherwise, 1100. Most people will be 1100.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
My understanding is that they don't re-put the information in but they do pick the orders that move on to the next step. They'll get notified that they've got a slot open and then they go in and push it through. But even if they don't do that (the whole dealership was on vacation for a month or something) the GM order system will use their assigned priority numbers to automatically select the orders with highest priority that can be built that week.
Thanx Woot! I feel way better now then.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

O ok, thanks alot for your help. I feel much better now lol