Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
ZL1 sideskirts

I will not name the vendor as they are a site sponsor but needed to vent. I will give them a chance to make it right before putting a name out.

I ordered painted ZL1 sideskirts a few weeks ago and have anxiously awaited their arrival. Received them today! I opened the first box and found a well wrapped sideskirts. I carefully remove the plastic bag and begin removing the styrofoam. What do I see... Damaged paint!!! And no signs of the damage on the packing material so that's how they went into the box... UGHHHHH!!!

So I send them a message from their website explaining it. After that I opened the other box. What do I see... More DAMAGE!!! Not even on the paint and pretty crappy paint work. Beyond disappointed right now.

It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG

Sorry to hear that. Hope the issue gets resolved.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
that sucks.. surely it will get taken care of, if it already hasnt.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
newb

I emailed back and forth with the company on Friday. They offered $100 off to have someone polish them. I told them polishing wont fix the missing paint or the damage to the unpainted portion. Still awaiting a final answer.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
They should be able to have whatever shipping carrier they used to pick up the damage products to send them back. This should be a no brainer for them considering you did recieve damaged goods...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
newb

Got it settled this morning. Due to the rediculous amount for shipping to and from Hawaii, the vendor decided to just refund the money and call it even. He didn't even want to deal with trying to get the parts back. I am disappointed that I still have no rockers on my car but I can't complain.

And since they did a great job in handling the situation, they will remain nameless.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Got it settled this morning. Due to the rediculous amount for shipping to and from Hawaii, the vendor decided to just refund the money and call it even. He didn't even want to deal with trying to get the parts back. I am disappointed that I still have no rockers on my car but I can't complain.

And since they did a great job in handling the situation, they will remain nameless.
Glad they were able to work it out with you. I honestly don't see where the damage is on the skirts but now I guess you can use the $ which was refunded to you and get them painted again.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote