Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
What was your 1st impression when you first drove your 1LE?

For me my wait was agonizing following the build, train ride etc. It was imperative no one drove my car, except the service manager(whom i personally know)and i was there for her delivery to make sure of this. I had my dealer put my tow hook on and pull my fuse since she was there. I was there all day By time she was ready the service manager had already left, so no PDI and no one at all drove my baby. I will never forget when i climbed inside and pulled out of the dealers garage how it felt when i turned the wheel. The steering was so tight and responsive it felt like a Go-kart. I have had my car now for almost 2 years(her B-day 11-17-14)and just love my car so much, she is just such a kick to drive. And P.S. 13 of us C5'rs are running Fontana this Sun. 11-9-14, should be a blast. 4-1LE's and 1-Z/28 confirmed, oh hell yeah
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I too remember that agonizing wait time, mine was born 11/12.

The steering was obviously very noticeable at first, but one thing I remember is not being able to get enough of that NPP sound as it was the first time I got a chance to hear it.

I do feel like I am getting used to it now, and take all its capabilities and functionality for granted but I sure dont love it any less!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
My first thought was with my son Tyler. I was hoping to god the experience was as cool for him as it was for me. I told him the night before that he wasn't going to school tomorrow, that he and I were going to take a car-service to the airport, fly to Detroit, and go pick up a brand new Camaro (which was his first bought car in Gran Turismo, which meant it was his favorite car).

After that ... my thoughts were on how absolutely stunning the noise was coming from the rear of the car.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352332
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
My first thought was with my son Tyler. I was hoping to god the experience was as cool for him as it was for me. I told him the night before that he wasn't going to school tomorrow, that he and I were going to take a car-service to the airport, fly to Detroit, and go pick up a brand new Camaro (which was his first bought car in Gran Turismo, which meant it was his favorite car).

After that ... my thoughts were on how absolutely stunning the noise was coming from the rear of the car.

That's a pretty awesome story man!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #5
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That's a pretty awesome story man!
You guy's, i couldn't agree more about the NPP. Let me tell you, if you want to be even happier throw a set of High flow cat's on there. Everyday is morning wood, even at night, the sound is so perfect.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Well, no wait for me. I've learnt Camaro would be redesigned. I hated the redesign and thus, needed to get the car fast.

ZL1 wasn't looking good to me. Standard SS was too soft. I've found out the 1LE existed when I tried to configure a SS on Chevy's website with black rims and wondered why the site gave me that flat hood!

I decided I'd go for a black 1LE. Found one on a website in Germany (I'm french and living in France), before being able to buy it, I left in Italy to marry, and the night I came back, my brothers where there with the Camaro for me.

Short test drive in Paris, very careful one (French streets aren't designed for such a big car), wife was pretty annoyed, I was so happy.

As I was told: Now you're a real man with a small wife and a big car. Hopefully it's not the contrary!

So first drive was kind of emotional but not real wild! Waited for the break before getting wild!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Sweet squirrel monkey nectar
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
The first time that I heard the NPP was when I cranked my car on the showroom floor. 8 miles on the clock and straight to the gas station and pumped my own 93 Octane gas. I'll never forget the experience and I still grin every time I drive my car. I did yell, 'OH HELL YES' among other things when I saw the car that I ordered. This is the best car that I have ever had, Thanks Team Camaro...
Attached Images

Last edited by Ragnar; 11-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #9
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
The first impression to me was...

"SOLD" !!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Just reviewed the original thread I was updating from the road and my first comments were:

Quote:
There is absolutely no reason a car this fun should be legal.
Quote:
Other than the steering being a bit light and brakes lacking initial bite, the car is f'ing phenomenal and surpasses my expectations. Ride quality is absolutely sublime. Exhaust symphony was written by Beethoven ... on some kick-ass drugs.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
Had a 2010 2 SS and sold it when my daughter went to college - Really missed it...
Started looking online for a used car for my kid. She wanted to see what older Camaros look liked so we checking them out. As we were scrolling thru ads, one popped up for a brand new 2013 2SS 1LE. I wasn't in the market but the price was stupid (Good) Called the dealership (70+ miles away) to see if this was a BS deal. Gave them a $500 deposit over the phone. My kid was floored as she thought she was getting a new Camaro (NOT). I had never driven a 1LE before I drove it off the lot. My first impression was HOLY $h!+.... I couldn't believe how much tighter it was than my 2010 2SS. Plus the NPP Exhaust - wow!. Short Throw Shifter? Way better. Then I really got a chance to drive it thru some curves by my house. No comparison to my 2010. Can't recall a car ever giving me that much of an impression before. Love it. Too bad its time to go away for the winter - this weekend - boo hiss
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
javi05

Drives: 14 ss 1le camaro
i spent about a month looking for one.. and then my dealer calls and says we have a blk on blk 14 2ss 1le... first drive smile ear to ear.. i still get the grin after a year and still no mods yet.. and im still 100% happy with the 1le..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. blk on blk..stock
javi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #13
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
I think some people get alittle crazy with the "No one drives my car". It's a car.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #14
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerBox View Post
I think some people get alittle crazy with the "No one drives my car". It's a car.
The 1LE is not just a car, give me a break. My Toyota Tacoma is just a car, a Prius is just a car, a Taurus etc is just a car, but a 1LE is something special!