Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
HP Loss due to Rims/Tires?

I was just wondering what a normal hit would be to Wheel HP if the rims are swapped from Stock to a little bit heavier aftermarket rim and bigger tires?

Basically I am wondering if my thinking is correct or if my rims and tires were at fault because my last Dyno was 447 RWHP and 428 TQ. I Dynoed Sunday with the new wheels and tires and added a ported throttle body and intake since the last tune. My RWHP was 440 and my TQ was 454. Those numbers seem a little wierd to to me.......After I came off the dyno a guy standing there said his ris and tires cost him 30 HP so I was just wondering......

anyone have an opinion?
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!

Last edited by CamaroCowboy; 04-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
the huge jump in tq does not look right?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Where did you get it tuned at? I live in harker heights, trying to find a local tuner.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Josh from the local Vette Club took care of me after he ported my TB and Intake! I am starting to think the Dyno was just off because I hit 447 RWHP and 428 TQ on my last dyno. Then I added an aftermarket Hood (lighter than stock), ADM Racing Scoop, Ported TB and Intake, then A bit wider rims and bigger tires. I can't beleive that i only hit 440 RWHP but with 454 TQ. The numbers just don't seem right to me.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
FRSTR90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS, 1973 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
Josh from the local Vette Club took care of me after he ported my TB and Intake! I am starting to think the Dyno was just off because I hit 447 RWHP and 428 TQ on my last dyno. Then I added an aftermarket Hood (lighter than stock), ADM Racing Scoop, Ported TB and Intake, then A bit wider rims and bigger tires. I can't beleive that i only hit 440 RWHP but with 454 TQ. The numbers just don't seem right to me.
Did you take it to the same dyno? If so, did you run multiple runs?

Also, check this thread out..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267369
FRSTR90 is offline   Reply With Quote