Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #295
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Tomorrow night i will. We added more glass to the edges. and i believe when we go to attach it we wil be adding rubber washers (prevent over tighting and cracking) and most likely a small peice of aluminum inbetween.
Okay good, thanks man. That definitely sounds like a good idea. When I looked at the mold, I thought this thing will crack in no time unless some serious mounting support is made.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #296
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Okay good, thanks man. That definitely sounds like a good idea. When I looked at the mold, I thought this thing will crack in no time unless some serious mounting support is made.
When Mindz had his installed they beefed up the mounting tab area with some aluminum and wrapped it in FG. I like the rubber washer idea. help add flex with no crack, hopefully.

The first bumper I received was super thick and very rigid the second two were gradually more pliable but not as strong looking. I ended up cracking the fender mounting tab on my current bumper with very little effort... so yeah it certainly is a good idea to strengthen it. It looked to me as if he started to use less layers of fiber, he did say he was using a more flexible resin.

Looking forward to seeing it on the car Tim
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #297
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
When Mindz had his installed they beefed up the mounting tab area with some aluminum and wrapped it in FG. I like the rubber washer idea. help add flex with no crack, hopefully.

The first bumper I received was super thick and very rigid the second two were gradually more pliable but not as strong looking. I ended up cracking the fender mounting tab on my current bumper with very little effort... so yeah it certainly is a good idea to strengthen it. It looked to me as if he started to use less layers of fiber, he did say he was using a more flexible resin.

Looking forward to seeing it on the car Tim
That's definitely good to know. I am using the same shop as Mindz for my bumper and other components of my car, so I feel comfortable with their work thankfully. I'm curious to see some of the bracketing and strengthening everyone is using.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #298
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Looks great Tim! Good to see it finally getting close to being on your car
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #299
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Looks great Tim! Good to see it finally getting close to being on your car
Thanks Tony. Everything worked out good, We took our time and make sure it was done right. Thankfully its winter and my car would be stored away anyway so its perfect, no rushing to get it done. Stay tuned for more pictures within the next couple weeks.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #300
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Teaser shot again until i can upload more tomorrow.

On a side note, the Reverse hood kit will not sit right with everything we have done. So i will be reverting back to factory hinges tomorrow. Oh well!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #301
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Teaser shot again until i can upload more tomorrow.

On a side note, the Reverse hood kit will not sit right with everything we have done. So i will be reverting back to factory hinges tomorrow. Oh well!

oh ma gawd!!
WOW That looks great!

I'm still pissed you beat me too having it painted that way, even if it was inadvertently.
(I'm not really pissed just frustrated at myself that I could not get it done in time)

It looks amazing Tim, glad you kept it like that. Sucks to hear about the reverse hood issue though, I have considered it as a future mod.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #302
TCAT

Tim, the front end looks bananas! I absolutely love how the bumper and hood looks together. Luckily, with those badass parts, you don't need any reverse hood hinge . Congrats! You better bring people "depends" at shows, because they are shart like a mutha trucka when they see your car.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #303
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Tim, the front end looks bananas! I absolutely love how the bumper and hood looks together. Luckily, with those badass parts, you don't need any reverse hood hinge . Congrats! You better bring people "depends" at shows, because they are shart like a mutha trucka when they see your car.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #304
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Thanks guys! I definatley had to change my pants after i put it on!!

Ill be posting more pics either late tonight or tomorrow, and will be back working on the car this evening trying to finish it up!

Last edited by TRC-SS; 01-30-2013 at 03:07 AM.
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #305
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

One more!
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #306
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
man that would like killer to have that heritage grill black with black out under headlight!! It would set it off even more!! Looks good though
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #307
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
man that would like killer to have that heritage grill black with black out under headlight!! It would set it off even more!! Looks good though
I took Tim's photo to Photoshop it to see how it will look. My heritage grille and front are already blacked out, so I planned to redo it. Anyway here is a quick Photoshop of what it would look like on his car.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #308
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
WOW!!!!! THAT LOOKS AUSOME!! I would go that route!! SimmoneR your going to redo your front that is already blacked out to something different?? This looks Amazing
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote