Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-26-2011, 12:09 PM   #337
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Or, rather, HOW you say it.
Yes you have to be really careful so as not to be " Communicating a threat" as Randy stated.

Poeple who do business in this fashion do not easily budge on internet pressure, or people saying things, if they did this issue would have been resolved a long time ago.

Unfortunately this will all fall on me to provide the correct documentation for my claims, run around and get written reports and deal with this headache.

While it makes me upset that this is happening, the BFXAUTO refused to provide me any information about his business it has been shown that if you are internet savy as Stieger is then just about anything can be found as was proved.

My intent is NOT to threaten BFXAUTO or Savini and I do not feel I have......My intent of this thread is to let people know what these companies are about, how they conduct their business and how they treat their customers of which I feel they both fail miserably because of my experiences along with other members experiences that have happened.

Steiger got me the information I needed and I will use it in a manner as not to make any of us look foolish but to tell a story of facts.

While this pisses me off to no end and oh how I would love to sit down face to face with both Bfxauto and Savini to " Explain" the situation it will do no good and I will be the one in trouble.

People/Businesses like this only understand things one way. A certified registered letter from my wonderful folks that are on the payroll, combine with nice letters explaining the situation to the appropriate consumer affairs advocates seem to do wonders in changing peoples minds.

Luckily for me I have the advantage of having a great support network from C5, wonderful contacts that I have made in the past 20 yrs as a LEO and excellent legal advise. Most of the time companies will finally decide to do the right thing and make you sign a confidentially agreement as not to disclose and remove any negative information that you may have written about them, you see this alot and it usually works on both sides. This is why you will see people come out and state that the issue has been rectified and let the subject die out.

Most businesses like this will do a cost analysis to see if it cost effected to refund my money. They understand the way the legal process works ( SLOWLY) and count on the consumer just giving up because the process is so long......Trust me I know this all too well when dealing with a sorry shop that I have been dealing with for 9 years on a restoration/street rod project. I have just now finally got movement and a satisfactory resolution that will be finished in about a week.

Is all this aggravating? Of Course it is, do people really want to go through all this for a few dollars ( Well 5500 isn't a few but you get the point)? No not really.

I can make public threats and rant all day long about FBI, IRS, DOJ etc... but what good does it do....absolutely none. What really matter is when someone knocks on the door and says I need to talk with you in an official capacity.

So no worries C5 I will not give up on this and IF I get any resolution I will be satsfied.....just will take some time. This is the reason of this thread to make people aware BEFORE they drop their hard earned money and have to go through the same stuff as Randy, Emma, Russ along with others and I have had to go through......SO as the say the saga continues...
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #338
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
This sucks.

I hope they can afford the free advertisement (or anti-advertisement) you’re giving them!! Not sure why they just don’t stand up to their end of the agreement that you were buying perfect wheels and obviously if you had to send them back before, they are not perfect.

Posting house pictures from Google is kind of hit or miss. In this case his driveway had his car with his company sticker on it; if you Google my house address, you will see a swamp that is half a mile down the dirt road from me.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #339
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
if you Google my house address, you will see a swamp that is half a mile down the dirt road from me.
Send that to the tax apprasier. Maybe you can get the value based on the swamp instead of your home.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #340
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #341
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Posting house pictures from Google is kind of hit or miss. In this case his driveway had his car with his company sticker on it; if you Google my house address, you will see a swamp that is half a mile down the dirt road from me.
My only thing with that is it get's a little too personal for the internet.

If BFXenon set out to scam, or scammed premeditatively, then It would be fair game in my opinion. But That was not the case here. He's just not living up to his end of the agreement, or seemingly, making the rules as he goes. It's a business practice. And that is the biggest complaint John has as far as BFXenon goes.

This is a tough place to be in. It's the weirdest thing I ever have been through with a product of any kind. I had the high end manufacturer (Savini) saying my wheels were just fine, and 5 different shops telling me they were not. As I got further into it I realized we may be talkig about perception. Couple of the shops used the "Not for the kind of money you paid" line. So there is an acceptable level of not round that is there. Mine was acceptagble to Savini standards but not to a lower end wheel standard is what I gathered. So then I had to assume that I'll just go with the accepted standard after I had two remade. Still felt a vibration that should not be in a wheel that cost over 1200.00 per wheel. But is accepted in a wheel that cost around 300.00 per wheel. I decided to just accept that.

So then if you aren't paying big money for the performance of the wheels you must be paying for the style and finish. Well, when the finish starts falling off after a few months then you reconcile in your mind that you must have paid ONLY for the style. I LOVE the look of an SV-29 but the look alone isn't worth the money. Not when the finish and structural usefulleness are on par with a low end wheel. A cast wheel is far superior to a Savini driveability. Maybe Savnini wheels are stronger, but who cares if you have to give up driveablilty?

So having said all of that, and in Johns case, it's a situation where BFXenon sold a wheel from a shitty company and is now a victim of that shitty company. And as a retailer/victim he makes a 'Store Policy'. THAT policy is to tell the customer no refunds. He's passing the buck. That's his policy and that's fine, BUT the original deal was made clear by John. So BFXenon uses Savinis 'cheapo' wheel tolerance test as the standard and makes his decision to stand with the manufacturer and not the customer.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #342
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Here is the thing that I can't understand. Savini/BFX both claim that John's wheels are within spec and acceptable tolerances for their product. If that were the case, why is it so difficult to refund him and re-sell those wheels as demo wheels at a reduced price? They might lose a few bucks, but it would be far worth it to just make this issue go away. The impact on sales and reputation are worth far more, even in monetary value. It is like they do not see the big picture here, they only focus on this 1 set of wheels. That is the same issue I had with them on PQ's wheels. Marketing FAIL.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #343
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 08-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #344
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Here is the thing that I can't understand. Savini/BFX both claim that John's wheels are within spec and acceptable tolerances for their product. If that were the case, why is it so difficult to refund him and re-sell those wheels as demo wheels at a reduced price? They might lose a few bucks, but it would be far worth it to just make this issue go away. The impact on sales and reputation are worth far more, even in monetary value. It is like they do not see the big picture here, they only focus on this 1 set of wheels. That is the same issue I had with them on PQ's wheels. Marketing FAIL.
The same sort of thing happened last fall with my wheels when I had them refinished. It took a forum thread where I explained the issues I had in order to get them to do the right thing. They apparently learned nothing from that experience.

When I finally did get the wheels back from them (they refinished them with powdercoat this time), one of the front wheels had a chip in it that someone had tried to hide with a Sharpie. At that point, I gave up. I decided to sell them and wash my hands of those wheels. I took a huge financial loss (nearly $5k) on them.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #345
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I've bought $50 wheels from Summit and they didn't vibrate. A circle is a circle is a circle. The video that was posted in here somewhere showed a wheel out of round with a steady tick tick tick where it was hitting. That's no longer a circle.

There is no justifying a wheel out of round. It is or it isn't. If it is then it's defective. Don't care if it was $50 or $5000. And if you can feel it in the seat and wheel something is wrong.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #346
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So having said all of that, and in Johns case, it's a situation where BFXenon sold a wheel from a shitty company and is now a victim of that shitty company. And as a retailer/victim he makes a 'Store Policy'. THAT policy is to tell the customer no refunds. He's passing the buck. That's his policy and that's fine, BUT the original deal was made clear by John. So BFXenon uses Savinis 'cheapo' wheel tolerance test as the standard and makes his decision to stand with the manufacturer and not the customer.
BFXAUTO and Savini knew the deal. Savini ( Nick) wanted me to put a set of wheels on my car as a sponsorshop deal to prove that they had fixed the issues that Randy had dealt with. Nick ( Savini) set up the vendor and everything.

It should be noted that I did NOT contact Savini or BFXAUTO concerning these wheels.....They ( Nick from Savini ) contacted me, of course promising the world. Which as we all know was just a plain out lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
That is the same question I asked. But who knows their reasoning. I think they are just hoping I go away. The same thing they wanted Emma and Russ to do.

I guess they think that if they string you along long enough that you will either give up or just ACCEPT something for the sake of being done, especially since it is internet based and not face to face.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #347
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
John,

Internet disputes actually receive more attention than local disputes (face to face). The amount of potential marketing loss on a message board, along with the related Google searches that will find these threads for decades, mean that internet savvy companies often step up and respond sooner to internet related disputes about their products.

Don't discount the internet vs face thing, being blasted across the net is far more harmful to business than some local guy who is unhappy about his wheels in his hometown.

In this situation, what we have here is a company that cannot admit fault, nor accept responsibility for their products. Period. Instead, they let this fester and cause them far more financial impact than they can even understand. Whoever is in charge of marketing over at Savini simply fails, they should be the person spearheading this complaint.
Nine Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #348
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
BFXAUTO and Savini knew the deal. Savini ( Nick) wanted me to put a set of wheels on my car as a sponsorshop deal to prove that they had fixed the issues that Randy had dealt with. Nick ( Savini) set up the vendor and everything.

Apparently, understanding irony isn't their strong suit.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #349
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post

It should be noted that I did NOT contact Savini or BFXAUTO concerning these wheels.....They ( Nick from Savini ) contacted me, of course promising the world. Which as we all know was just a plain out lie.

That is the same question I asked. But who knows their reasoning. I think they are just hoping I go away. The same thing they wanted Emma and Russ to do.

I guess they think that if they string you along long enough that you will either give up or just ACCEPT something for the sake of being done, especially since it is internet based and not face to face.

I've put this thread link in the Google "ADD URL" , so it will show-up soon
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #350
RayJay

Drives: Your Wife's Benz ;)
Why are (or how rather) does Savini, and BFXauto have suspended accounts? Is it due to sales practices?
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote