Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Chrome Factory wheels

Does anyone know of someplace in houston that does this? There was a company in California that did a great job for about $675 for the set and they looked amazing. Just wondering if there was somebody local that did the same work?

Thanks,

Ronnie

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I too would like to know of a proven shop that does this. so that I KNOW the quality of work they do.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Da Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I too would like to know of a proven shop that does this. so that I KNOW the quality of work they do.

AMEN Brother

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
SamsinSS

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Send a message via MSN to SamsinSS
There are places here in Houston that do the chrome. Just Google chrome shops in Houston. I have found a couple places a few years ago while doing a search!

Auto Chrome Plating Co
8106 E Erath St, Houston, TX
(713) 921-6295‎

Craig Bierman
Speed & Sport Chrome Plating
404 Broadway
Houston Texas 77012 713-921-0235
SamsinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsinSS View Post
There are places here in Houston that do the chrome. Just Google chrome shops in Houston. I have found a couple places a few years ago while doing a search!

Auto Chrome Plating Co
8106 E Erath St, Houston, TX
(713) 921-6295‎

Craig Bierman
Speed & Sport Chrome Plating
404 Broadway
Houston Texas 77012 713-921-0235
that is easily enough done. But I was hopeing to find someone here that has used them before and KNOW the type of quality work they do, not just taking their word for it. Word of mouth is the best advertising there is in our types of communities.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

I contacted a few places today, one of which had done some work for a friend of mine. When I got the owner on the phone, he is a member, and obviously has a 2010 camaro, and eveh HE doesn't do our wheels, and he doesn't recommend anyone in the entire Houston area. IF you want a quality job done, those were his words, and HE is in that business. When I was talking to him he was on his cell and not in his office, and he told me that has a guy in California that he sends out his wheels to. He told me to call back later in the week when he is in his office and he will give me his info.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Da Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I contacted a few places today, one of which had done some work for a friend of mine. When I got the owner on the phone, he is a member, and obviously has a 2010 camaro, and eveh HE doesn't do our wheels, and he doesn't recommend anyone in the entire Houston area. IF you want a quality job done, those were his words, and HE is in that business. When I was talking to him he was on his cell and not in his office, and he told me that has a guy in California that he sends out his wheels to. He told me to call back later in the week when he is in his office and he will give me his info.
I can't remember what thread it was on, But that was where I started. Somebody in Cali had thiers done and they looked fantastic...wonder if its the same guy.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Da Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hose View Post
I can't remember what thread it was on, But that was where I started. Somebody in Cali had thiers done and they looked fantastic...wonder if its the same guy.
Found it!!! here is the web site, http://chromeyourwheels.com they said ask for Curt.

They have some pics under the tires forum see Factory " Chromed" wheels

Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hose View Post
Found it!!! here is the web site, http://chromeyourwheels.com they said ask for Curt.

They have some pics under the tires forum see Factory " Chromed" wheels

I have seen that thread, the pictures are great. but since I don't have another ride at the time, its going to have to wait. I plan on going with REARS all the way around, so all I need is the extra rears, get them done, then swap them out with the ones on teh car, get them done then put them on the front. it might look goofy for a bit, but that will pass.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
rcracer78

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
here you go guys.......enjoy:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46362
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote