Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
ashtondm

Drives: Tahoe
Synergy Green Question

Hello All,

I am new to the site and have a question.

Since GM is having a blonde moment and doesn't want to see the beauty of a Synergy Green RS or SS. I would like to know what is the actualy color code for the Synergy Green. My plan is to order a black 2LT with RS package, have it custom painted to match the SEMA concept with the options with a few additions.

Thanks inadvance for your assistance with this question.

Ashtondm
ashtondm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
WA708S
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtondm View Post
Hello All,

I am new to the site and have a question.

Since GM is having a blonde moment and doesn't want to see the beauty of a Synergy Green RS or SS. I would like to know what is the actualy color code for the Synergy Green. My plan is to order a black 2LT with RS package, have it custom painted to match the SEMA concept with the options with a few additions.

Thanks inadvance for your assistance with this question.

Ashtondm
You sure you want to go with black? I am not a paint expert but I would imagine it is a harder color to paint over
Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
You sure you want to go with black? I am not a paint expert but I would imagine it is a harder color to paint over
The entire car would be sanded down entirely anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference. If his body guy is not reputable, then I'd worry about a crap job. Other than that detail, I don't think it matters what color her gets.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
ashtondm

Drives: Tahoe
My plan is to get my dealer to do the paint job, but I have a good friend who does custom paint jobs that might be willing to do it for me. The funny thing is that while I Was at my chevy dealer when they logged into their order site it did give the option for the 2LTRS and the SS in the configurator, but the salesperson believes it is a mistake. Hmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
The entire car would be sanded down entirely anyway, so it wouldn't make a difference. If his body guy is not reputable, then I'd worry about a crap job. Other than that detail, I don't think it matters what color her gets.
ashtondm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Actually it does very much matter. I use to paint cars and still do occasionally.

ashtondm, you will be better off getting white if you plan on repainting the whole car. The base color affects the final color, white will make the final color brighter and more pure to it's true color while black will make it darker, sometimes 3-4 shades darker, and can make it appear like it's a completely different color. The only reasons you should go with black imo is if you are sanding down to the metal (in which case the color won't matter) or if you are getting a paint scheme that is mostly black.

Remember whatever color you chose to get, there will be areas of the car that the typical painter will not paint unless you pay extra (the engine bay, door jams, fender wells, and trunk area). as such these areas will be visible
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote