Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #155
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Hey Kevin,
Do you know how long the Camaro will be up there in the Spring Mountains??
I'm not too far from there.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #156
FirstCamaro

Drives: Looking
Is this better?

This better?
Am I picky? Of course! There are a lot of cars to choose from at this price level. Sure it may be a lighting issue. Or, an angle of the drawing vs. the photo.

As my user name implies, I am not a die hard Camaro owner. However, I am one who was inspired by what Chevrolet appeared to be coming out with. As such, my money can wait on the table or better yet in my pocket. No offense to anyone here that truly loves the new car, but as I said in my first post of concern I will need to see it in person to see if it lives up to what it could have been.

Concept: Name:  Concept.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  112.9 KB
Worth $40K ... Yes

Production SS: Name:  Production SS.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  45.8 KB
Worth $40K ... Not so sure
FirstCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #157
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
This better?
Am I picky? Of course! There are a lot of cars to choose from at this price level. Sure it may be a lighting issue. Or, an angle of the drawing vs. the photo.

As my user name implies, I am not a die hard Camaro owner. However, I am one who was inspired by what Chevrolet appeared to be coming out with. As such, my money can wait on the table or better yet in my pocket. No offense to anyone here that truly loves the new car, but as I said in my first post of concern I will need to see it in person to see if it lives up to what it could have been.

Concept: Attachment 7190
Worth $40K ... Yes

Production SS: Attachment 7189

I don't think the SS is going to be 40k it needs to still compete with the Mustang and Challenger. I think it will start more around 30k. Maybe 35k with all the options.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #158
ChrisL

Drives: 2000 Firehawk #295
You're way overpriced at $40k. WAY overpriced.
His - 2000 Firehawk #295
Hers - 2004 GTO
Boys - 2008 Yukon XL Denali
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #159
6 Camaros and counting

Drives: 2001 Ford Lighting
Love the MAC Drag and drop no playing around with "right click back slash period sideways thing" to get a pic to drop to the desktop. MAC'S RULE
Old 08-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #160
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
This better?

Concept: Attachment 7190
Worth $40K ... Yes

Production SS: Attachment 7189
to be fair it will not be 40,000 and to me on that ss the only difference is the halos...front bumper(which is available on the v6 and probably interchangeable) and the open slits...it will be pretty close to the concept...it really won't take much to make it look like the concept and chances are if you spend say 34 you can take the other 6 that makes 4000 and make it look near identical to the concept with a few modifications
Old 08-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #161
FirstCamaro

Actually, 40k is what I got from the dealer for an idea on a SS prior to our build list meeting. Was hoping for the lower, but the build lists do not start here till October.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #162
6 Camaros and counting

Drives: 2001 Ford Lighting
I want the equivalent of an RS/SS conv. with hideaway headlamps and Im going to wait to see if they do it. geeez. hope they do it so I dont wait forever.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #163
FirstCamaro

I see a little more different than the halo's:
1) Grill
2) Mirrors
3) Rear quarter panels
4) height
5) hood length (concept look longer)
6) overall car length (concept look longer ... like a Jaguar)
7) not as sharp -- Look at cartoon drawing. Bad guys are drawn with sharp edges and points (like the concept). Good guys are drawn with rounded features (like the production). The differences are subtle, but important IMO.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #164
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics

Now if only I could see a SS in Victory Red
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #165
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Is there any difference there compared to the V6 version, other than the "mail slot"? if there is it's barely noticaeble, and i don't know why they bothered
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #166
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
dang, the hood resembles the 4th gens SLP ultra z hood
uhm ur sig is amazing :-) thats exactly how i want my baby too look in the end (rims color and stripes) freakin awesome...

so i wonder if they're saving anything to unveil at the indy show?

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #167
chevydude26

Quote:
I see a little more different than the halo's:
1) Grill
2) Mirrors
3) Rear quarter panels
4) height
5) hood length (concept look longer)
6) overall car length (concept look longer ... like a Jaguar)
7) not as sharp -- Look at cartoon drawing. Bad guys are drawn with sharp edges and points (like the concept). Good guys are drawn with rounded features (like the production). The differences are subtle, but important IMO.
I was just like you when the first pics started coming out...my biggest critique was the front bumper...

mirrors...well concept mirrors were no where near legal

rear quarter panels i'm certain can be changed to look more concept like

height is an inch more and yes that bothered me too but those damn regulations wouldn't allow it to stay lower...peters the designer fought hard but in the end lost that battle sadly

and any length related issues i believe are due to the the car being taller which will affect the dimensions as the grill looks shorter in the production and not as wide as the concept...

but is that a deal breaker for me...absolutely not...compare it to a mustang and it looks like its a whole other class of car...

is it exactly the concept not really...but its still a hell of a car that will turn heads...and if you have the time and patience you can get it looking pretty close to the concept...
Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #168
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
Is there any difference there compared to the V6 version, other than the "mail slot"? if there is it's barely noticaeble, and i don't know why they bothered
front bumper...and again if your buying the ss your buying it for the engine...and if you want this car to succeed you don't want the v6 to look like the gimped version...since thats the breadwinner of the camaro sales...

the v6 camaro craps all over both the v6 and v8 mustang...

why would you complain about the v6 looking just as good as the v8??? that gives the whole brand a better image