Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #29
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Cant find

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
^^^^ I'd like to see a video of the NXT as well. Not being able to hear it has been the only thing holding me back from a purchase.
I have looked all over the web, no video?

Hey for the fella that posted the pic, are the tips just as far out or in the same location as before. In your pic they look like there shorter. so don't come out as far?
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:39 AM   #30
camex

Drives: Sold
Okay, I took this video 5 months ago.
I only installed ZZP air intake tube and K&N drop filter with this muffler.
https://vimeo.com/260682106
Tips location same as stock IMO.
Attached Images

Last edited by camex; 08-29-2018 at 08:59 AM.
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #31
Neorift

Drives: 2018 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by camex View Post
Okay, I took this video 5 months ago.
I only installed ZZP air intake tube and K&N drop filter with this muffler.
https://vimeo.com/260682106
Tips location same as stock IMO.

Wow, for the price that sounds great. Gonna go buy one of their systems now.
Neorift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #32
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Not bad!
Would you say it's considerably lighter than the stock muffler?
Attached Images

RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #33
Austin_504

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Mishimoto pro cat-back
How do you like your cat back? I'm thinking about getting it.
Austin_504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #34
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_504 View Post
How do you like your cat back? I'm thinking about getting it.
I love it. The best sound you are going to get out of this car IMO. A little pricey $$$ though. Make sure to use mishisave15 st checkout.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 09-17-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #35
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
I will be upgrading my exhaust soon but am still gathering information. Probably going to go with the Borla S-Type because I'm looking for a little more growl but not excessively loud. Is it worth installing the Borla Mid/Y-pipe also? Would that give it a deeper sound or is the axle-back good enough?
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #36
Adb1lt

Drives: Black 2017 2.0
I have catless zzp downpipe..and I had no mufflers and it was raspy and annoying so I welded in a true 2.5" y pipe with magnaflows and it's perfect rumble with no rasp
Adb1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #37
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adb1lt View Post
I have catless zzp downpipe..and I had no mufflers and it was raspy and annoying so I welded in a true 2.5" y pipe with magnaflows and it's perfect rumble with no rasp
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I heard on guy on YouTube that did a true 3" catback exhaust. It sounds pretty damn good. I don't want to invest that much money by going with such a custom exhaust. That's why I was thinking of going with the zip catted downpipe, the Borla Mid/Y pipe and then the S-Type. From what I read the Borla Mid/Y pipe is 3" out of the cat and then 2.5" into the mufflers. Does that sound right?
Old 10-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #38
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I heard on guy on YouTube that did a true 3" catback exhaust. It sounds pretty damn good. I don't want to invest that much money by going with such a custom exhaust. That's why I was thinking of going with the zip catted downpipe, the Borla Mid/Y pipe and then the S-Type. From what I read the Borla Mid/Y pipe is 3" out of the cat and then 2.5" into the mufflers. Does that sound right?
Close, it's 2.25" into the mufflers. That's why the mid-pipe is compatible with the axle-back systems, it's the same diameter at the rear end as the OEM exhaust, though it is slightly larger in the middle (3", like you said).

Additionally, going that route with Borla mid-pipes and axle-back is more expensive than other dedicated cat-back systems. Based on Phastek Performance's website, with no discounts or other fees counted, it's $1260.98 for the Borla mid-pipe and S-Type axle-back setup, or $1154.99 for the MRT V2 cat-back (which has 2.5" at the rear instead of 2.25"). The Mishimoto cat-back is $1050 for a full 3" system (meaning single 3" to dual 3" at the rear).

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #39
Start The Machine

I've studied every pre-fabed exhaust system on the market. Without question, the full 3" Mishimoto "Pro" Cat-Back exhaust is the best out there. The only dark horse is the mysterious Injen SES full 3" exhaust. To my knowledge, there is 1 known person on the face of the earth that claims he has it on his car. No sound clips exist of the SES exhaust. No customer installed pictures exist.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Old 10-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #40
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bsaget007 View Post
Close, it's 2.25" into the mufflers. That's why the mid-pipe is compatible with the axle-back systems, it's the same diameter at the rear end as the OEM exhaust, though it is slightly larger in the middle (3", like you said).

Additionally, going that route with Borla mid-pipes and axle-back is more expensive than other dedicated cat-back systems. Based on Phastek Performance's website, with no discounts or other fees counted, it's $1260.98 for the Borla mid-pipe and S-Type axle-back setup, or $1154.99 for the MRT V2 cat-back (which has 2.5" at the rear instead of 2.25"). The Mishimoto cat-back is $1050 for a full 3" system (meaning single 3" to dual 3" at the rear).
Quote:
I've studied every pre-fabed exhaust system on the market. Without question, the full 3" Mishimoto "Pro" Cat-Back exhaust is the best out there. The only dark horse is the mysterious Injen SES full 3" exhaust. To my knowledge, there is 1 known person on the face of the earth that claims he has it on his car. No sound clips exist of the SES exhaust. No customer installed pictures exist.
Thanks for the info guys. I checked out the Mishimoto Cat-back and that thing sounds absolutely amazing. I kept focusing on the Borla S-Type but I think I'm sold on the Mishimoto! The full 3" is very appealing. I wonder how that would sound with a ZZP catted downpipe? It should sound even throatier.

It's been years since I've fooled around with performance upgrades and I truly appreciate all the guidance that I've received here! I know I will have more questions.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #41
Start The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I checked out the Mishimoto Cat-back and that thing sounds absolutely amazing. I kept focusing on the Borla S-Type but I think I'm sold on the Mishimoto! The full 3" is very appealing. I wonder how that would sound with a ZZP catted downpipe? It should sound even throatier.

It's been years since I've fooled around with performance upgrades and I truly appreciate all the guidance that I've received here! I know I will have more questions.
Here you go with the ZZP Catted Downpipe...

https://youtu.be/lG50dzVMV08

https://youtu.be/tjWXZfp7esg

https://youtu.be/6EzFVSuIsEs

https://youtu.be/H1fVNSl8a-I

https://youtu.be/7hz2fOJxuCo

Use mishisave15 st checkout.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #42
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Slight typo, the coupon code is MISHISAVE5 to save 5%, not the one you stated for a supposed 15%.

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote