Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #561
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Definitely NOT CNN, MSNBC, MSN...It's mostly common sense. You know where a lot of information comes from that gets lost or buried? The CDC. Things like, in 2017, they put out a press release saying, globally, up to 646,000 die of the "seasonal flu" EACH YEAR. The seasonal flu is generally regarded to last 13 weeks or so. How long has this one been going on and we're just now at seasonal flu death numbers? (if they were really Covid deaths at all) Remember the lockdown in 2017? Me either.

Last month, the CDC also said that the death rate was so low, Covid was going to lose it's 'epidemic status.' Remember that news piece splashed across the headlines? Me either. The truth is out there, you just have to dig with a mind that can reason and weed through the bullshit.

Attachment 1039945
I don`t believe I asked you for "information source" to a post in this thread or a response, that would be Iron Lung Jimmy!.......But thanks for your input.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #562
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I don`t believe I asked you for "information source" to a post in this thread or a response, that would be Iron Lung Jimmy!.......But thanks for your input.
Always glad to help with information from that rouge bunch of wild and crazy guys at, The Centers for Disease Control. But what do they know? In FauciBirxCuomoNewsom we trust!
Old 08-23-2020, 03:19 PM   #563
Lockimin

Drives: BMW X5M
Unfortunately yes :( I guess that there are no jobs not affected by the virus!
Lockimin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #564
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockimin View Post
Unfortunately yes :( I guess that there are no jobs not affected by the virus!
Didn't hear about any government layoffs.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:27 PM   #565
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
A couple of things...

1.) Masks don't work.

It has been known for 100 years (since the 1918 pandemic) that masks are ineffective against the aerosolized spread of viruses... which is primarily how Covid is spread. If they worked we would wear them every flu season.

That is why Fauci initially dismissed masks out of hand, because it is common knowledge they do not work. Nothing has changed.

So why are we required to wear something that does not work?

Good question, but I think it is mainly because people like to think they have some sort of control over things.

Now if you want to wear a mask I say go for it... BUT, do not be under the illusion it is protecting either yourself or anyone else because it is not. So if you act as if neither you nor anyone else is wearing one, you are safe. Otherwise you are putting yourself at risk.

If you are in a high risk group, that is critical information!!!
Guess you never saw this test of different masks

Old 08-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #566
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike

Only a surgical mask, or a N95 mask, properly worn is effective.

99% of the people who wear any mask is wasting their time and actually inviting other ailments.

Not like any of this BS really matters any way since there is a 99.7% recovery rate in the US. It just makes people feel good.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #567
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post

Only a surgical mask, or a N95 mask, properly worn is effective.

99% of the people who wear any mask is wasting their time and actually inviting other ailments.

Not like any of this BS really matters any way since there is a 99.7% recovery rate in the US. It just makes people feel good.
Probably helps businesses with mask mandates avoid frivolous lawsuits.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #568
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Guess you never saw this test of different masks
If you want to believe that masks are effective, you are certainly free to do so.

On another note - Nationwide, Covid hospitalizations, ICU cases, and ventilator usage are going down quickly. But all we hear about is the rising number of cases (which is basically a meaningless number). Wonder why

It looks like covid as a threat to public health is on the way out. Let's see when, or if, they acknowledge that.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:18 PM   #569
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
^possibly Nov 4

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #570
Boost Creep

Didn't the CDC just end the 14 day quarantine mandate?

That seems like a good thing.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #571
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
After reading some of these posts, I have to add my 2 cents. I've seen various groups, universities, etc study the effectiveness of different mask styles and different material. Most seem to have different results, why?
The US has some of the most intelligent doctors and scientists working for the CDC and FDA and yet we too frequently get different advice from them on mask effectivness. Again, have to ask why?

OSHA is the only regulated group that has the authority to study and make official recommendations on mask style and materials. Here's a real short summary but you can look it up on OSHA.GOV.

Medical masks - these masks are designed and approved for use in climate controlled environments within medical facilities. They cannot stop the covid-19 virus.
N95 masks with valves - These are designed for dirty, construction type environments. They stop the passage of particulate matter to the inside of masks but do not stop the release of germs and virus when you exhale. They will prevent you from inhaling the covid-19 virus but if you are sick, or the mask has stopped the covid virus from entering, you will still spread it when you exhale. Basically they don't work .
Homemade cotton masks - these do not stop virus spread on inhale or exhale.
Gaiter type face coverings - same as homemade cotton masks.
Copper impregnated masks - Contrary to manufacture's claims, these do not stop the covid virus, There have been a few private studies that indicate they could stop some bacterium, but have not been proven to stop any typ of virus.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #572
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I was talking with my sister in Michigan and she said that it seems like she will be working at home for about a year, meanwhile, I work in an international school in Beijing, China and we started back with a week of professional development on Monday.

To enter our campus, we need to scan a QR code that links to our travel history and we take our temperature twice a day. There is some social distancing and maybe 1/4 of the staff wear a mask all day, but since there are no students we are pretty lax now.

Beijing hasn't had any confirmed locally transmitted cases since July and our district only had 10 cases and hasn't has a new case since February.

When students return things will look different. In my classroom we have clear dividers on all of the tables, students will not share materials and there will be no big group activities and field trips are cancelled for the time being. Our classroom already had filters installed because of Beijing's pollution but fortunately in the past few years the skies have improved, so we will have the windows open for fresh air and ventilation.

It really does show that with everyone on the same page (i.e. wearing a mask, social distancing, proper hygiene practices and not going out unless necessary) this virus can be contained.

It is very unfortunate that because of this virus a lot of people have lost their jobs. Some of the international schools here were also unable to pay their staff too. Our school is doing well, but the teachers that went abroad and can't come back in yet can keep their jobs, but while they are outside of China their pay is drastically cut.

For those of us who stayed not much has changed. The past month I have been going to band rehearsals and we even got to perform at 4 shows in August, 3 of them being out doors and the last gig was an invite only at a local bar, we had about 100 friends show up. I feel very confident that these actions are not a risk and a hopeful return to the new normal. Even though I feel confident, I still am keeping the mask on in crowded areas, maintaining distance and washing my hands with sanitizer often. I also keep alcohol prep pads in my pack for when I finish wrapping up guitar and mic cables that have been on the ground.

Anyway, next week students come back to the classroom, we'll see how that goes. All of China has less that 1000 cases at the moment and nearly all of the reported cases in the last month, with the exception of Hong Kong have been imported cases, hopefully things can continue to improve here and be a good model for other parts of the world that haven't been as fortunate.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:17 AM   #573
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Too bad China didn’t provide a “good model” and warn the rest of the unfortunate world that it had a community spread disease of an unknown origin - MONTHS before it made it elsewhere. Yet continued to allow travel OUT of China but not in. Allegedly...
Old 09-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #574
Boost Creep

Can't surprise people if you warn them.