Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-03-2020, 11:26 PM   #15
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Bought a Porsche Cayman GT4 today.......my beloved Z is gonna go on sale on the forums here very soon......
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #16
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Yep. Although tbh I never sat down to do the math because of how high it was...but, damn, yea...
Shopped around with literally everyone; they were pretty much on par with every other place. Except USAA, they tried to anally rape me with their quote slow and dry. It was ridiculous (to the tune of like 1200 a month)! Plus I have the caveat of having to find a place to do home insurance, or my current insurance company jacks the rate WAY up for not having car insurance with them too. Rip off artists man...
About to get worse too since my wife ran over a mailbox and screwed up the 4Runner a couple weeks ago (its still in the shop) :|
Don't know why my bill has always been so high. My son is a new driver (just over a couple years experience, with only getting his real license less than a year ago), so I expected a big jump with him added, but for me, yea, I'd expect WAY less....and for my wife who had a clean record for like 8 yrs.
I haul ass around, but no tickets in a LONG time (11 yrs or something like that), only 3 in 24 yrs or so (at least legal driving, more if you count pre-licensed driving lol), and no at fault accidents or damage either ever.
Contact Grundy
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:52 AM   #17
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
Bought a Porsche Cayman GT4 today.......my beloved Z is gonna go on sale on the forums here very soon......
Someone's New Year resolution was to lose weight. 1000lbs
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:43 PM   #18
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
LMAO. Now that was a good one.
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:53 PM   #19
rcandiloro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Yep, amazing how much lighter the GT4 is.......amazing car, but I'm still sick to my stomach selling the Z. I'm putting it up for sale tomorrow.....ugh! Absolutely immaculate/perfect/flawless Z/28 with unique wrap and upgrades.....look for it.....
Old 01-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #20
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Quote:
Yep, amazing how much lighter the GT4 is.......amazing car, but I'm still sick to my stomach selling the Z. I'm putting it up for sale tomorrow.....ugh! Absolutely immaculate/perfect/flawless Z/28 with unique wrap and upgrades.....look for it.....
And you loved that car so much. Not beating on you or anything ok because we all have looked at other cars and wondered im sure. I know i have , and still do . ZLE for me. I don't have GT-4 pockets. Lol. GLWS ole buddy
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #21
Og Neon
Lover of Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Yep. Although tbh I never sat down to do the math because of how high it was...but, damn, yea...
Shopped around with literally everyone; they were pretty much on par with every other place. Except USAA, they tried to anally rape me with their quote slow and dry. It was ridiculous (to the tune of like 1200 a month)! Plus I have the caveat of having to find a place to do home insurance, or my current insurance company jacks the rate WAY up for not having car insurance with them too. Rip off artists man...
About to get worse too since my wife ran over a mailbox and screwed up the 4Runner a couple weeks ago (its still in the shop) :|
Don't know why my bill has always been so high. My son is a new driver (just over a couple years experience, with only getting his real license less than a year ago), so I expected a big jump with him added, but for me, yea, I'd expect WAY less....and for my wife who had a clean record for like 8 yrs.
I haul ass around, but no tickets in a LONG time (11 yrs or something like that), only 3 in 24 yrs or so (at least legal driving, more if you count pre-licensed driving lol), and no at fault accidents or damage either ever.
I don't know why USAA was the worst, they absolutely take care of me. I pay about $200 a month for full coverage with four vehicles (2014 Jeep SRT, 2014 Z/28, 2018 ZL1 1LE, and 2018 Elantra GT Sport). Maybe something is on your record that you are not aware of?

2021 One Lap of America Track Videos
2019 One Lap of America Track Videos
2017 One Lap of America Track Videos

2022 Ram TRX
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
2020 Range Rover Sport SVR (Sold)
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT (Sold)
2014 Camaro Z/28 (Sold)
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #22
rcandiloro

My Z/28 is up for sale on the forums.........ugh, sick to my stomach!

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567864
Old 01-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #23
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
My Z/28 is up for sale on the forums.........ugh, sick to my stomach!

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567864

Just went and defended the Z/28 on your post lol
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #24
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Og Neon View Post
I don't know why USAA was the worst, they absolutely take care of me. I pay about $200 a month for full coverage with four vehicles (2014 Jeep SRT, 2014 Z/28, 2018 ZL1 1LE, and 2018 Elantra GT Sport). Maybe something is on your record that you are not aware of?
No I definitely have a very clean driving record, and very good credit. I've always had a sports car (usually a Camaro of some sort) and either an SUV or truck, along with my wife's car. Could be they just add a lot more for teenagers, but still, absolutely up there in space compared to everyplace else to cover my 4 cars ('15 Z/28, '16 Suburban, '16 4Runner, and '12 Focus). It was an automatic delete email lol.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #25
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
Man know how you feel. Auto insurance and medical insurance will stick it to you without using any lube and they know it.

Here what I do. Shop around for auto insurance so you can lower the premiums. Take the Z off the insurance and wait till it sells in better month (economy is doing well so you should have no problem selling the Z to a private party). I never take it to the dealer to sell anything. They’re in it to make money so that’s understood.

Some of the cars you own might think about getting liability only if paid off and is older.
Well good luck to you and good luck if you decide to sell your Z.

Last option, this take a discipline and some math work. Lower your expenses or make more money.
pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #26
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzero View Post
Man know how you feel. Auto insurance and medical insurance will stick it to you without using any lube and they know it.

Here what I do. Shop around for auto insurance so you can lower the premiums. Take the Z off the insurance and wait till it sells in better month (economy is doing well so you should have no problem selling the Z to a private party). I never take it to the dealer to sell anything. They’re in it to make money so that’s understood.

Some of the cars you own might think about getting liability only if paid off and is older.
Well good luck to you and good luck if you decide to sell your Z.

Last option, this take a discipline and some math work. Lower your expenses or make more money.

I can afford it just fine and make damn good money, but once 2300/mo in child support is tacked onto my monthly payments, that can change the game (and thats just for 2 of my 6 kids). ALL the companies are around the same per month, not enough difference to bother switching everything, but do tend to differ in home insurance costs; I'm absolutely anal about shopping for the best price. The Z itself is only about 140 a month of my total bill; my Suburban actually costs more lol. That's why I'm more leaning towards ditching the Suburban now (that and its payment is higher monthly). In truth, I could afford to keep them all, but I'd rather visit my sons more often if they don't live with me, and thats what any difference would go towards. If they stay with me, then the problem solves itself
Old 01-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #27
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
check out Zebra . com. They provided about 6 quotes when I was shopping around. They only beat USAA by $40 a month with some company I've never heard so I ended up sticking with the beast I know and not switching providers.However, they might be able to find something better for you.
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote