Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
bowtieracer

Drives: 2012 rs camaro
secondary fuel for twin turbo v6

I would like to get some input from other twin turbo and supercharged guys with d.f.i as I have tried to make more power by increasing boost fuel has become a problem the factory system can not keep up with demand. Myself and my guys at D.S.I are just about finished developing a stand alone port fuel injection secondary system that should be able to supply enough fuel for any amount of boost. We are asking anyone with dyno sheets with a/f ratio charts to p.m me or post results how we can have some more data other than just our own car.
bowtieracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
I would put an EGT probe as close as possible then add enough fuel till it gets into the 1500 to 1600 degree range. Are you using a secondary fuel pump? I lose too much volume when I turn mine on.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
bowtieracer

magnum yes I am using secondary fuel system and a stand alone computer with six port fuel injectors synced to fire in order off the cam and crank sensors and other sensors with a wide band controlling the amount of fuel to inject its all plumbed off the stock fuel tank. Aaron at gpi had a nozzle system for secondary fuel but it could not be synced to fire per cylinder so it just dumped fuel in all the cylinders at once.it worked ok intill we tried to turn up the boost I will post some pictures and results soon
Old 04-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

I am using nitrous nozzles in each runner plumbed from a manifold with a solenoid hooked to the fuel test port. My meth controller can handle 2 meth pumps and 2 solenoids, all separate PWM signals, but even at 20% I was spraying too much fuel and losing too much volume for the HPFP. My engine likes to run really lean, 0.92 lambda lean with over 30 degrees of timing. No way I would suggest even approaching that. I thought about doing a separate fuel injector per cylinder and programming it with megasquirt, but not really wanting to dump more money into my V6.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
bowtieracer

magnum that is what I had from gpi and it does flood the motor making it go into failsafe mode and I was going to use a microsquirt but it is batch firing I am using a megasquit pro that is the only computer that you can sync 6 injectors but as you said it is not cheap 650 hp is max on stock fuel system with meth 715 hp with a little spray but its dangerous it looks like it will take about 780 to 800 hp to go 9s as the grand nationals did it with antique technology just need the fuel to turn up some boost and timing it should be achievable
Old 04-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
MagnumForceGB

My plan was to have a second fuel pump supply just the aux fuel system and a controller for it, but I'm at the point where I really don't want to spend more money on this V6. I have a V8 that weighs less and has more aftermarket support. Plus I'm still stock bottom end, I know my pistons really do not want to support any more power.

The port fuel injection will help though, it helped on my NA build when I left it on accidently, but I need better control of it.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #7
bowtieracer

Magnum yes you are correct controlling the fuel is the key. and yes you can do it with a v8 for a lot less money. But I have already done the v8 thing mid 10 sec ls3 vette n/a, 7 sec small blk 1st gen Camaro w/spray. 11.00 4 gen SS Camaro w/charger and blown small blk dragster the v6 has just become a challenge wanted to fool around with turbos and this car had a good starting platform. even though I have rebuilt everything already like yourself I will try a ls style v8 with turbos sooner or later but my goal is to run 9s with the v6 then I will do a v8 with turbos really hate to see you quit working on the v6 not to many of us out there. if you decide you still want to fool with the v6 I have a brand new set off diamond pistons with rings and bearings if you need them
Old 04-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #8
MagnumForceGB

I actually think a secondary fuel tank with E85 might be a good alternative, E85 can be injected more without flooding out the system. You will also get that corn smell everybody loves.

I'm up in the air about keep working on the V6, my bank account says no more, heart says yes. Brain just wants to do more tuning since it is fun.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:31 PM   #9
bowtieracer

magnum I am thinking about some c16 to see how it likes it. there no place around me for e85 closest place is about 150 miles away so its not feasible for me I have always ran a mixture of 109 to try keep it from detonating. hope you guys stay with it and can make it to the fest its a good time for all that attend
Old 04-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #10
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Good luck at the Fest this year. I'll be looking forward to your ETs at Feast this year.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #11
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieracer View Post
Magnum yes you are correct controlling the fuel is the key. and yes you can do it with a v8 for a lot less money. But I have already done the v8 thing mid 10 sec ls3 vette n/a, 7 sec small blk 1st gen Camaro w/spray. 11.00 4 gen SS Camaro w/charger and blown small blk dragster the v6 has just become a challenge wanted to fool around with turbos and this car had a good starting platform. even though I have rebuilt everything already like yourself I will try a ls style v8 with turbos sooner or later but my goal is to run 9s with the v6 then I will do a v8 with turbos really hate to see you quit working on the v6 not to many of us out there. if you decide you still want to fool with the v6 I have a brand new set off diamond pistons with rings and bearings if you need them

you looking to sell the pistons & Rings?

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #12
bowtieracer

PISTONS AND RINGS CAN BE BOUGHT P.M ME FOR PRICE
Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #13
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieracer View Post
PISTONS AND RINGS CAN BE BOUGHT P.M ME FOR PRICE
PM SENT

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #14
highperformancedave

Drives: 1991 Z28 and 2011 2LT
You seem to know what you're talking about My son has a V6 with a Nitrous Outlet 150 shot.. We have the car tuned with Trifecta, they have backed the timing out.. In 1/8 mile everything seems good but in 1/4 we're leaning out. Am I right that this car has mechanical pump? I read about ZL1 pump upgrades but thats an in tank electric pump. I'm very confused so any advice would be appreciated.
highperformancedave is offline   Reply With Quote