Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
260racin

Drives: 2011 2SS
Holley and elite is just wrong

I have Holley valve covers and I am trying to install a CSS with elites's "Holley adapter". Well they sent the adapter and the diameter is too small. I notified elite and they claim this is the only size adapter they carry. Has anyone else installed this and come across this problem?? I just find it hard to believe that elite only has just this one size.
260racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
260racin

Ok I am able to get it to tighten up enough with thread sealer But now when I slide the clean side separator into the adapter it hits the coil pack. Has anyone installed one of these on their car and made it work? If I use a catch can from the valley to the blower port do I even need a Clean side separator/breather?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yes. I have one of these. I did not have an issue with the adapter being too small of a diameter. But it is in there a bit loose. But haven’t had any problems with it.

And yes...it hits the coil. I had to make a custom bracket for that coil to rotate it out of he way enough to get clearance for the separator. Elite must be choosing not to state this. But they know it. Because I told them and even sent pics to them of the issue.

In the end...it’s not a huge deal to fab up a little bracket. And the product is still pretty good. So I still recommend the Elite CSS. But they should be coming clean in their marketing and sales materials and stating this.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
260racin

I'm glad to hear you were able to make it work as I will make a bracket too. Could you send me a pic of what you made? I do wish elite had customer service and support. They make a great product and explain things very thoroughly on this site but they never answer calls or call back. All of us through the years have done these builds and had questions about products and their installs, I have never once encountered a company that doesn't answer or return calls when a customer is trying to buy their product. High quality, fit and finish, terrible customer service.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #5
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I've got my car packed away and covered up for the MN winters. I'll get you a pic...but it might take me a little bit. If memory serves me right...I just left the bottom coil screw alone...and made a little 1" long basic bracket with 2 holes drilled in it to rotate the top out of the way.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote