Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2015, 03:40 AM   #1
JBEATZ
 
Drives: 2015 Chevy camaro 2ss commerative
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 23
Best tuner????

What's the best tuner for 2015 camaro ss I'm looking to buy one so far been looking at the SCT and the DiabloSport inTune i2 Tuner....
JBEATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32
 
LS7 427's Avatar
 
Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Redcliff, Alberta
Posts: 958
If you're looking for remote tuning capability I'd say SCT or HP Tuners are your best bet. Others may offer different opinions but I think Ted Jannetty at JRE has a pretty good program for free tune updates when you buy the parts from him.
__________________
My Build Journal

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
elmayimbe
 
elmayimbe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: long Beach
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 427 View Post
If you're looking for remote tuning capability I'd say SCT or HP Tuners are your best bet. Others may offer different opinions but I think Ted Jannetty at JRE has a pretty good program for free tune updates when you buy the parts from him.
compare to IPF , are they better? Thanks
__________________
elmayimbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
14AGMSS
 
Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/L99
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 84
I'm looking at the same devices.

Is there any advantage to using either one ? My goals for the car are CAI, headers, catback and tune out AFM and to tune the trans.

Is remote tune function for me or the tuner better on either device ? Cost or function ?
14AGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
qcman

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada eh?
Posts: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14AGMSS View Post
I'm looking at the same devices.

Is there any advantage to using either one ? My goals for the car are CAI, headers, catback and tune out AFM and to tune the trans.

Is remote tune function for me or the tuner better on either device ? Cost or function ?
PM Dynosteve he will remote tune your car with the SCTX4 and look after all of those things for a very good price. He tuned my L99 remotely with it and the car really runs nice and hard now. Don't mess with the tuner yourself just go custom tune and don't look back.

The trans tune really changes the car...
qcman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
AG1LE


 
AG1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 2,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
PM Dynosteve he will remote tune your car with the SCTX4 and look after all of those things for a very good price. He tuned my L99 remotely with it and the car really runs nice and hard now. Don't mess with the tuner yourself just go custom tune and don't look back.

The trans tune really changes the car...
+1 for DynoSteve
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBEATZ View Post
What's the best tuner for 2015 camaro ss I'm looking to buy one so far been looking at the SCT and the DiabloSport inTune i2 Tuner....
The Best Option is SCT it has unlimited capability regardless of how wild your build gets.

I have tuned over 4600 Gen5 Camaros to date with SCT.

When you purchase an SCT tuner from me you get your first Tune FREE for simple bolt ons.

Once I have tuned your car Any part purchases from JRE come with FREE custom tuning for those parts.

JRE Buy parts from me get tunes for free program, we are the pioneers in this field of remote custom tuning.

Many of the cars on the fast list have been built and or remote tuned by me.

Happy Holidays.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #8
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32
 
LS7 427's Avatar
 
Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Redcliff, Alberta
Posts: 958
I'll also add from experience that if you think you have a problem with the car you can run a datalog with the SCT and email it to Ted. He's always been great for reviewing it and helping with the solution to correct it.
__________________
My Build Journal

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #9
acowherd

 
acowherd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss/RS 4l80. 2009 2500 HD
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mid MO
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The Best Option is SCT it has unlimited capability regardless of how wild your build gets.

I have tuned over 4600 Gen5 Camaros to date with SCT.

When you purchase an SCT tuner from me you get your first Tune FREE for simple bolt ons.

Once I have tuned your car Any part purchases from JRE come with FREE custom tuning for those parts.

JRE Buy parts from me get tunes for free program, we are the pioneers in this field of remote custom tuning.

Many of the cars on the fast list have been built and or remote tuned by me.

Happy Holidays.

Ted.
Not to start anything but 4600 cars in 5 years? lets give you 6 years......

Thats 72 months divide by 4,600....that's 63.888888 or 64 cars a month for 6 years.

$400 a tune times 4600 cars...thats $1,840,000.00 on tunes alone.

Time to retire!
__________________
Follow along as we build and race this 2010 Camaro!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FNSS-...75028626000379


FNSS Racing!
acowherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #10
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö
 
Detoxx03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodward Avenue
Posts: 876
HP Tuners
__________________

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:47 PM   #11
62nalide


 
62nalide's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,801
Smh, I smell poop
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #12
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
Not to start anything but 4600 cars in 5 years? lets give you 6 years......

Thats 72 months divide by 4,600....that's 63.888888 or 64 cars a month for 6 years.

$400 a tune times 4600 cars...thats $1,840,000.00 on tunes alone.

Time to retire!
LOL

I wish I could retire, the cost of operating a business is far greater than that.

Your math is good but your figures are all wrong especially the money part.

Since the majority of the tunes I write are included free with purchase of a tuner or are free with purchase of parts.

I work 6 days a week and tune on average 3-10 cars a day my record is 26 cars in one day.

I tune cars and trucks Ford and Chrysler as well as all the aftermarket fuel injection for speed shops all over the globe.

Thanks for the laugh.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
jksynergy

 
jksynergy's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,170
Gonna jump in on the Jannetty bandwagon here. When we were put in a situation to install long tube headers and off road pipe exhaust I was skeptical on where to go. Well, a quick email to Ted and no worries from there. Our tune is spot on perfect and when we added the ported throttle body it was seamless. We have about 4,000 hard autocross, road course and highway miles and not a single issue to date. I'll stay with Jannetty from here on out.
Good luck in your decision OP.
__________________
2011 Summit White Synergy Series Edition, the hot innocent woman named Ava that we show off around town, dressed in white complete with angel's wings. Sold, but never forgotten.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #14
Bo White


 
Bo White's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vance Alabama
Posts: 6,905
Thats a crap load of cars.
Ive been porting TBs and cylinder heads for over 20 years and everything combined of all brands I dont come close to that. Just goes to shows how small my outfit is.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.