Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #15
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
so this is you pissin off at me for another issue entirely? sir? if you want to add to the conversation...awesome...if you want to attack me on my opinions based on my personal experience and the ONLY reason I post is to HELP peeps...u r doin wat?

don't reply since it would only prove that it is u that is the fool sir! good day!

It seems his response was in relation to this http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=tuner&page=2 at post 21.... I assume he is saying the remote tune took out his motor.....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:10 PM   #16
Spec

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
OP if you bought a Diablo they should be able to provide you with some support? I know some folks have had SCTX4 issues at times and they can usually recover the stock tune it seems. Might be worth a phone call to them and see?
Exactly. You should be able to plug the unit into a PC, pull the original tune file and possibly send it to Diablo for correction... then reload the tune onto the unit, then onto your car...... possibly....
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #17
Buschman

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
so this is you pissin off at me for another issue entirely? sir? if you want to add to the conversation...awesome...if you want to attack me on my opinions based on my personal experience and the ONLY reason I post is to HELP peeps...u r doin wat?

don't reply since it would only prove that it is u that is the fool sir! good day!

Not “pissing off” at anyone sir. Simply doing the same as you and voicing my opinion. While sharing my personal expierence with a remote SCT tune.

The SCT worked great for you, not so well for me, sir. My opinion is to get a dyno tune from a trusted shop, that is my add to the conversation. My intent is also to help, based on my personal expierence.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #18
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Not “pissing off” at anyone sir. Simply doing the same as you and voicing my opinion. While sharing my personal expierence with a remote SCT tune.

The SCT worked great for you, not so well for me, sir. My opinion is to get a dyno tune from a trusted shop, that is my add to the conversation. My intent is also to help, based on my personal expierence.
That's cool...but I will point out that in addition to my opinionating I also told the OP to get to the stealership 'cause if he bricked it...ain't no goin back with the handheld...

still waitin for your suggestion to OP...can't dyno tune a non runnin car...lol...peace
2010 SS 2SS M6-Spectre CAI-JET TBS-JBA Shorty Headers-ARH H/F Cats-Doug Thorley axle back-MSD 12v coil harness mod-PAC 1218's-BTR 3/8 7.4 push rods-Powell Machine bronze rocker bushings-Prothane motor mounts-Prothane rear sub-frame inserts-BMR Trailing Arms & bushings-1LE 3.91's-1LE axles-Ford S-spring posi-mod-Tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot)-Daily Driver-119K!-12.7 at 112-1.9 60'(3.45's)-BFG Comp-2 Street Tire-stock size on ZL1 reps(20x8.5)(20x9.5)-DR's Nitto NT05R(305/45) on Motegi MT120 18x9.5-12.1 at 114-1.7 60'(3.91's) All work by me...
frankwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #19
jergarr

Drives: 11' RJT 2SS/RS L99
I've had a bad experience with a handheld diablo tuner as well. I used it on a 06 monte ss (LS4). Shortly after i was burning a good amount oil and then boom.
jergarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #20
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2000 MCSS, 2013 1LS & 68 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ChibiBlackSheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Exactly. You should be able to plug the unit into a PC, pull the original tune file and possibly send it to Diablo for correction... then reload the tune onto the unit, then onto your car...... possibly....
If he's bricked the original, there's probably no chance of that working.

2013 Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Show Car
2000 Monte Carlo SS - Paxton Novi Supercharged Project
2008 Impala LT - Because we need at least ONE family car
ChibiBlackSheep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #21
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Having had 'some' experience with writing computer code, albeit DOS code, I know that one period, one symbol, one ampersand, missing or in the wrong place shuts the entire chained sequences of program modules down. I can't imagine how sophisticated our car's ECM's are. Hell, even the pro tuners get it wrong at times.

I wish you luck, OP, but the biggest risk I take with the OBD port is with a Range Device. And even that has it's own set of computer problems.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #22
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
the first step before you do anything is backup your stock tune. you can't upload and backup at the same time.

one of my dealerships quoted me $100 to reprogram a module. tow it to the dealership
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #23
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2000 MCSS, 2013 1LS & 68 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ChibiBlackSheep
No matter what you do, there is always a risk of bricking a PCM in the write process. I use HPTuners and there is STILL a risk. It's unfortunate that this happened to OP, but this stuff does happen.

It shouldn't be too terrible to remedy the situation, just sucks you have to pay the cost.

2013 Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Show Car
2000 Monte Carlo SS - Paxton Novi Supercharged Project
2008 Impala LT - Because we need at least ONE family car
ChibiBlackSheep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:19 PM   #24
radar1972

Drives: 2012 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Having had 'some' experience with writing computer code, albeit DOS code, I know that one period, one symbol, one ampersand, missing or in the wrong place shuts the entire chained sequences of program modules down. I can't imagine how sophisticated our car's ECM's are. Hell, even the pro tuners get it wrong at times.

I wish you luck, OP, but the biggest risk I take with the OBD port is with a Range Device. And even that has it's own set of computer problems.
A little off the original topic, but what are the computer problems related to the Range Device? I use one and love it but just wonder what problems you're referring to?
radar1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #25
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar1972 View Post
A little off the original topic, but what are the computer problems related to the Range Device? I use one and love it but just wonder what problems you're referring to?
Well, maybe indirect computer problems but CEL, Check Power Steering/loss of same, Battery Saver Mode message, Service Stabilitrak...and a few others I’ve forgotten.The ‘cure’ for me was not having the Range in during the startup sequence. Let it boot then plug it in.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:52 AM   #26
Jiver11

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarr View Post
I've had a bad experience with a handheld diablo tuner as well. I used it on a 06 monte ss (LS4). Shortly after i was burning a good amount oil and then boom.
Intake manifold I believe. My brother had an 07 monte ss and it did the same thing. He took it into stealership and they had an issue with the gaskets going bad or something.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:16 AM   #27
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
If I were you I would contact Steve as was suggested & let him try to figure out what happened and how to fix it.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #28
wildchevy

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray 2SS
this sucks, and is the reason I have not used a Diablo on any of my vehicles, hope you can get it running again someday but I think your going to have to pay a dealer to accomplish that.