Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
mtnman54

Drives: 2011SS 6m
Avoid Carid!!

Think twice before buying from Carid! I recently purchased Niche wheels from Carid, and am advising any and everyone to go elsewhere. I received the wheels after talking with one of their experts(?)by using the online system. I entered my car info and found what i wanted. wheels came about a week later, and I made an appointment for the install. I got a call from the tire shopand was told that one wheel had the chrome peeling on it. I notified carid and was sent a "pre RMA checklist", that requested pictures and even a picture of my car vin. I was told it would take a few days to check on things, so in the meantime stupid me orders a new wheel to replace the defective one (assuming I would be credited for the faulty one) and I still am waiting for a return authorization. It gets better, I make another appointment for the install and I get a phone call telling me the wheels don't fit due to them hitting the calipers. So a phone call and an email with pictures showing the problem sent to Carid. they replied requesting 24-48 hours to get back with me. I have gotten 2 or 3 of the 24-48 delays! It's going on 8 days now! So beware of Carid and "Onyx" (another name they use)!
mtnman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:27 PM   #2
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
Yeah, ya gotta watch where ya buy rims from. Some of these places are selling the sprayed on chrome and they do exactly what yours are doing. I got a set that was on a Cobalt that I bought from a dealership and they started peeling .
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
If you have any problems with CarID, good luck. Took me 42 emails back and forth and only resolution was through PayPal.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
I just bought a diffuser through their ebay page and it arrived cracked and chipping. I just requested a return so hopefully it's not a bad process. I sent them pictures along with a slightly heated message. Oh well, live and learn lol
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
ZL1C7

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE 10SPD/2015 SS 427 Man
Bought a "pair" of axles as advertised by them on Ebay. One axle showed up. They said the missing axle was "not a stocking item" and they would not order it and never planned on ordering it. 4 week fight to get my money back. Never again. They Suck
Old 08-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Oh wow, that's rough. They said they would refund me at full cost and have the shipper come back and pick it up. Sounds like it is going good for me so far
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 08-30-2017, 09:10 PM   #7
mtnman54

Drives: 2011SS 6m
Gunmetal Speedster I've heard the same song and dance. They will tell you that they will get back to you in so many hours and nothing happens. Best thing for you to do is contact your credit card company and file a complaint. I thought my situation would have been taken care of, but no luck. Just spread the word and hopefully people will take the warning!
mtnman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman54 View Post
Gunmetal Speedster I've heard the same song and dance. They will tell you that they will get back to you in so many hours and nothing happens. Best thing for you to do is contact your credit card company and file a complaint. I thought my situation would have been taken care of, but no luck. Just spread the word and hopefully people will take the warning!
I actually seem to be having decent luck so far. The scheduled UPS pickup and he came two days ago. I'll give it until the end of this next week for the refund to be processed before they get another message haha.