Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #29
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
If you're interested in protecting your tonneau, 303 makes a Vinyl Protectant.

By the way, 303 (SPF 40) only blocks UVB. To protect against UVA, you need a sunblock. But 303 is better than nothing.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
You must lead a clean life, for the odds are stacked against any owner having a design flaw defective mechanism that doesn't act up. Also, don't think for a second that the material is bullet proof just because GM is using it. I do agree, however, that the newest canvas top is a massive improvement over the previous material.
Hey cactuseater, we bought a left over '11. Having said that I absolutely believe all the 'fixes' were done while it still sat on the lot and as the 'fixes' were released, hence no real time for trouble to set it.
Also, I have examined the top to no end, with thanks to those who posted here, and looked at the pics of the fixes done and verified some of those on our car.
Don't get me wrong, I still check it after every rain/carwash.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
1 month after first application pics

I have had 303 on my top now for one month. It rained heavy off and on all day yesterday and I watched as the water just beaded up and rolled off the top. I have washed it several times since the application. maybe some that says it wears off after the first wash did not apply it correctly This is how my top looks this morning. the left side still shows the water beads on the side, the right said is drying out from the sun hitting it so it showes drier patches.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #32
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
It took me a full-bottle and a little of the 2nd to get my all covered. Guess I may have overdone it, but I just sprayed it until wet and kept moving along, overlapping as I went. It hasn't gone through rain yet and when I last washed the car, I do my best to avoid the top, but a bit sprayed on and it beaded up just fine.

Rainy season will be returning to Oregon so time will tell.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
It took me a full-bottle and a little of the 2nd to get my all covered. Guess I may have overdone it, but I just sprayed it until wet and kept moving along, overlapping as I went. It hasn't gone through rain yet and when I last washed the car, I do my best to avoid the top, but a bit sprayed on and it beaded up just fine.

Rainy season will be returning to Oregon so time will tell.
we have had a bunch of rain in the last month some very hard downpours, so far it looks good... I used about 3/4 bottle I pourd it in a bucket and soaked a sponge and sponged it on the top...
Old 09-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #34
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Hi Angrybird,

I read that too, that someone stated best to just pour it in a bucket and sponge it on or use a rag, etc. But the bottle's instructions clearly stated "use of a rag would diminish coverage area". Geez, not sure that was possible, my top really soaked it up.

Next time I may use a sponge because I had a lot of overspray on the rubber weatherstripping and paint and when doing it out in direct Sunlight, I had to clean it off immediately. And then it didn't want to clean off that good, made me wonder "okay stuff does last" or just on things I don't want it too. I got the 303 off parts it wasn't supposed to be on, just a pain.

Bought that car in Castle Rock, CO, and drove it home to Oregon, about 1500miles. It was horrible weather the next day. Spent the night at my cousin's at the CO/UT border and it was 50mph winds, headwinds, and I-70 closed for about 10 mins due to a duststorm. Then, when I finally made it into Idaho, it really rained, buckets, all while trying to do 60mph. So one thing I can say, the top doesn't leak and the water management system works!

I don't think I have had it out in the rain since that miserable May day.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Hi Angrybird,

I read that too, that someone stated best to just pour it in a bucket and sponge it on or use a rag, etc. But the bottle's instructions clearly stated "use of a rag would diminish coverage area". Geez, not sure that was possible, my top really soaked it up.

Next time I may use a sponge because I had a lot of overspray on the rubber weatherstripping and paint and when doing it out in direct Sunlight, I had to clean it off immediately. And then it didn't want to clean off that good, made me wonder "okay stuff does last" or just on things I don't want it too. I got the 303 off parts it wasn't supposed to be on, just a pain.

Bought that car in Castle Rock, CO, and drove it home to Oregon, about 1500miles. It was horrible weather the next day. Spent the night at my cousin's at the CO/UT border and it was 50mph winds, headwinds, and I-70 closed for about 10 mins due to a duststorm. Then, when I finally made it into Idaho, it really rained, buckets, all while trying to do 60mph. So one thing I can say, the top doesn't leak and the water management system works!

I don't think I have had it out in the rain since that miserable May day.
Wow that was a real trip. Our trip back from Detroit when we picked ours up was beautiful. It was kind of hot being June it was in the mid to upper 90's. but we roughed it and drove most of the time with the top down.
Since we do not have a garage ours sits outside 24/7.