Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #15
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro/ss/rs View Post
Yes the fanboys are a tad annoying! Like you said lots of other products to try out, and then lots of money for mods!
Exactly, but watch out bashing them you might get banned for talking bad about a sponsor that pays the site money.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #16
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
Meguiars professional line is way better and affordable! I like adams but just to pricey for me...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Exactly, but watch out bashing them you might get banned for talking bad about a sponsor that pays the site money.
I know right? We spend thousands of dollars with forum vendors but yet we have so little clout.

That said until someone shows me something better, I'm good with my 560.00 Adam's kit that I purchased over 2 years ago-includes orbital buffer. Still have lots of product left. I've waxed 3x's car has 42,000 miles on it and still looks great up close. Use Meguires endurance shine for my tires though.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #18
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Lol if they haven't gotten me, y'all are ok.

Adams is VERY expensive for the level its at. Very few of their products would rank higher than the middle of the pack in my opinion. I'm sure the whole made in America bent they have drives prices up too.

And their fan boys are incredibly irritating and usually (not always) know next to nothing about which they speak. They've never used anything but OTC and Adam's, so of course Adams blows their socks off. I call them the Adam's Army. Just like there used to be the injen army that turned into the Vararam army in the v6 section, although a lot of those guys actually knew what they were talking about.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 10-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #19
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I like Adam's, but I do pay attention to a lot of the posts here. I am not very experienced with detailing or detailing products (No King of the Hill pun intended) and I pay attention to CD's unbiased posts and reviews. CD's advice has helped keep my Camaro looking very well!
Now about them being "over-priced" I would have to say it depends on the product you're talking about not just the overall line. And also, we're beating a dead horse here with this thread, as this has been brought up many times.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #20
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I spent like $400 on my first adam's kit. That included the porter cable buffer and all pads. I've still got most everything that came in it. I order more detail spray, waterless wash and VRT every 3-6 months because I use it all the time. It really does last a long time.

I've been buying detail stuff for 20 years and I like Adam's the best. I'm by no means a professional detailer. It's just something I like to do on a Sunday when I have time to keep my car looking good. It's easy to use, they have great instructional video and they have a ton of car community involvement. They have great customer service as well. They run monthly specials and they also have a discount code for this forum that is for 10% off I believe.

Sometimes being cheaper doesn't mean it's better. Things like great customer service mean a lot to me. Most of all though, it's the results that the product gives you. I feel that Adam's gives me the results that I want. All of my cars have had the Adam's treatment.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Adam's products are good products, but there are lots of other options out there if you are looking for cheaper options. It's really more about the PROCESS then the PRODUCT. That being said, most of the stuff I own/use is Adam's.
I would agree with this... I am using the Meguires Professional line and love the results although if I was willing to spend more money I'd buy Adams. Their stuff smells SO good!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
over priced and over hyped. I wouldn't use that stuff on my Murray ten speed.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #23
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
I used Meguiars products on my black '96 Z28 for 15 years and I always got compliments on it. I didn't put 4 or 5 different products layered on top of each other and the car always looked good.

Last weekend I tried Adams Brilliant Glaze and Buttery wax on my 2012. They did a fine job but was certainly no better than Meguiars IMO. I think I'll stay with the stuff that's more affordable. Adams microfiber towels are awesome, though. Might get some more of those.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
over priced and over hyped. I wouldn't use that stuff on my Murray ten speed.
Have you used Adam's Products before you sit there and insult them ?

I'm not going to deny they are pricier than other products, but you get what you pay for in Good products AND they are hands down the best Company I've ever dealt with as far as handling issues and being helpful there's just none like them nowadays.

If you can afford them buy them cause they're great products, if not go with something cheaper.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #25
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro/ss/rs View Post
Wouldnt spend a dollar on Adams products, far better out there for half the cost. People get sucked into Adams thinking its so great and they have to have it coz a friend/fellow forum buddy uses it.

Save your money lots of alternatives out there.
few months ago I had a guy come in to fix my interior panel from scratches and he told me how he's a huge car guy and how he has been in the interior repair business for 25 years and so on. he told me one of the best ways to clean the interior is by using water and a towel and if I have a stain or something to use a bit of soap and that's it, he also said for leather he would only use a conditioner.
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
Have you used Adam's Products before you sit there and insult them ?

I'm not going to deny they are pricier than other products, but you get what you pay for in Good products AND they are hands down the best Company I've ever dealt with as far as handling issues and being helpful there's just none like them nowadays.

If you can afford them buy them cause they're great products, if not go with something cheaper.
Buying adams products is like paying $30,000 for a yugo. Will it get you from point a to point b? Absolutely. Could you have gotten there a lot better for that money, or cheaper? Definitely.

A lot of what you pay for from them is their made in America gimmick, the customer service (which is excellent) and the lifetime guarantee (which really comes in handy on tools, not so much on products).

Saying to buy something just because you can afford it is not good logic. I can afford heinz ketchup, but Great value does me just fine at half the price.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Hey thanks everyone, Sounds like they have great products and the pitcures show it, Also sounds like Meguiars and Mothers also very good and less costly, I think i am going to sit this out this winter and then by spring make a call on what to use, But to honest Meguiars right now will prob be my choice , Just think i might be wasting my cash like some had said. Thank you for your honest input, keep posting if you have tried these differnt things
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #28
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
Tell you what,.. They have by far the BEST waffle weave mirco fiber drying towels! Had mine for over 5 years and they havent lost there absorbance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote