Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Random question: 1LE with RS package for HID's? Recaro seats?

Can anyone explain a few things about the 1LE? I'm looking online and getting an idea of what the 1LE cost's. But what's up with a 1LE with RS? Kinda stupid, right? Just buy some aftermarket HID's? Also, Recaro seats, worth it?
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Oh and nav, is it good on the Mylink?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I've spoken to a few people who opted for the recaro seats and have said that they absolutely love the seats.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenBateman View Post
I've spoken to a few people who opted for the recaro seats and have said that they absolutely love the seats.
That was my hunch as well, can't really check them out locally. I've never seen a 1LE, ZL1 or Z28 on a lot so it's hard to say how any of these options look or feel up close.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #5
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
never go aftermarket when you can go factory. factory always looks much better, especially in your case with the rs package. those hids are stunning, and no other will be able to compare. if your getting a 14' youll also be getting LED tail lamps which also look awesome- get the RS package, the HID's will amaze you. oh and i forgot to mention, youll get a WARRANTY. peace
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
never go aftermarket when you can go factory. factory always looks much better, especially in your case with the rs package. those hids are stunning, and no other will be able to compare. if your getting a 14' youll also be getting LED tail lamps which also look awesome- get the RS package, the HID's will amaze you. oh and i forgot to mention, youll get a WARRANTY. peace
That was my question though. If you select a 1LE its $3,500, I think the RS is $1350. But the RS comes with a rear spoiler and rims and those are already included in the 1LE, do they give you a deal? It's kinda stupid to buy 2 packages that include the same parts. I was curious how it all works.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
zim2323

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE
I have Nav, Recaro's and RS. Well worth it. My only concern at this point is the belt burn and thread cutting the seat belt does to the magnetic belt loop and across the seat leather. My belt has nearly burned a line through the seat leather now. I've spoken with a Recaro rep here and said they are aware of the problem, but I've been given no timetable for a fix. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's a worthy upgrade. For 2k I say no, but I had no choice, I could only find one with them. But having said that, I'm glad I have them.
zim2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #8
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
I have Nav, Recaro's and RS. Well worth it. My only concern at this point is the belt burn and thread cutting the seat belt does to the magnetic belt loop and across the seat leather. My belt has nearly burned a line through the seat leather now. I've spoken with a Recaro rep here and said they are aware of the problem, but I've been given no timetable for a fix. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's a worthy upgrade. For 2k I say no, but I had no choice, I could only find one with them. But having said that, I'm glad I have them.
Sweet! Thanks! Can I ask what your sticker price was? I'm still confused how they could charge full price for 2 packages that overlap in options.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
zim2323

They are 2 separate packages. The 1LE package comes with standard (non-LED) head and tail lights. RS package adds the LED head and tail lights.

I think sticker was just under $47k but I got nearly $7k in incentives between $500 competitor lease buyout, $3k credit union, $2k cash back, and another $1500 additional from dealer (forget what for now). Final cost was just over $40k after all taxes, etc.

I bought at just the right time, so I made out pretty well.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
I felt everything you mentioned was worth buying, EXCEPT the navigation. Which is why I opted not to get it. Too many free phone apps that does the same IMO. Not to mention I hardly use it anyway

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Sweet! Thanks! Can I ask what your sticker price was? I'm still confused how they could charge full price for 2 packages that overlap in options.
On an SS regardless of trim or other options the only thing the RS package ever really adds is the halos and LED tails. The wheels in the package are the same wheels as a standard SS but painted a different color. The spoiler is standard on an SS.

So if you get an SS/RS, you're just getting lights and different paint on the wheels.

An SS/RS/1LE you get lights, hood warp, spoiler wrap, and the black 10 spoke wheels along with the performance upgrades of the 1LE.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
zim2323

Too hard to mount in the car. Not enough windshield real estate. I've done that for years but just takes up too much room. Everyone I talked to that passed on the nav wished they wouldn't have. So I did.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I have the RS and decided to get it for the same reason Tmick5jr mentioned above. Anytime I've tried to get aftermarket, it's never in the same class as what you get stock. The halos and the LED taillight really set the car off. If you want those, get the RS package, otherwise just skip it. I still think the old school headlights and tail lights look good. I passed on the Recaros just because when I sat in them, they didn't quite fit me. They were nice but not $2k nice. I passed on the Nav as well just because I don't drive my Camaro anywhere that I'd need it and if I did, I'd just use my phone.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Recaros and RS are both great but do cost you money. For me it was worth it, depends on your budget. If you can...........go for it !!