Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #85
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason P View Post
Smexy is that smell when you're done
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #86
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The SS Camaro is fine for most owners...it's a performance car that has much to offer. For those who are accustomed to a driver's car that performs at a higher level, the 1LE fits the bill....it's arguably what the SS should have been. The 1LE listed as a 3,500K option is a bargain.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #87
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Just do a square setup with 275s and 1LE sways, gears and aftermarket bushings an im sure a 2010 SS manual will pace nicely with a 13/14 1LE

Depends on who's driving the cars. If I was to start road racing I wouldn't tear up a 1LE learning, but if I was you would probably show me your taillights.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #88
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
What gives? From what I see around here everyone wants to 'upgrade' to a 1LE around here. Is your street driven SS so bad that your are destroying your tires and brakes at an excessive rate? Does the stock SS just not meet your standards of handling ability on the freeway entrance ramp? Also, you don't want to buy the tires for them very often.

I'm mainly just wondering why you would want to trade your street driven SS, or your SS that you drag race for a 1LE, it's a track oriented car. Does it ride better, can you really tell the difference on the street or do you just feel like you are driving an SS with more expensive tires and a flat black hood?

I can understand if you are an auto crosser or trading up from a V6 you may as well throw that package in I guess.
i think everyone isnt everyone. Most people who are going to upgrade will probably grab the 1le. the upgrades you get are well worth the 3500. and if you cant afford that much cash, well.. your choices are limited.
if your going to track why even get the 2ss. you dont need the rs package. ect ect.
i got my 1le because if i was going to spend that much in going from my v6 to a v8 it was worth it. I would have liked the zl1 but the insurance was considerably more as would have been my payments.

hype? naw. Its what i wanted. that was the most important thing.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #89
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
I believe 2014/2015 1LE sales are going to be strong. A lot of Gen5 owners were waiting on the Z/28. Once everyone sees the pricing and understands the lack of daily driveability, the 1LE will be the affordable Camaro of choice. It'll be interested what lineup starts with the Gen6. I got to believe it goes back to the grass root models of LTs, SSs, and Z/28; no ZL1 or 1LE.
This makes no sense. 1LE sales are going to be strong...6Gen no 1LE. ???
Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #90
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
This makes no sense. 1LE sales are going to be strong...6Gen no 1LE. ???

The 6th gen SS will probably outhandle the current 1LE and likely have more horsepower.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #91
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat01 View Post
You almost got it right, but here is a little tweak for you..

-SS owners were once at the top of the Camaro food chain until that damn ZL1 came out, now WTH is with this 1LE thing putting mine even lower down and making me feel even more inferior
-1LE owners defending their purchase because they really wanted a ZL1 but couldn't afford one.
-ZL1 owners laughing their azzes off at all of the above
(Future edit) -Z28 owners......

What?
I respect the ZL1, but I would rather have a 1LE as I don't want an FI engine. I also prefer a standard suspension for the track over the MR. To each their own.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #92
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
The 6th gen SS will probably outhandle the current 1LE and likely have more horsepower.
Yes?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #93
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
i think everyone isnt everyone. Most people who are going to upgrade will probably grab the 1le. the upgrades you get are well worth the 3500. and if you cant afford that much cash, well.. your choices are limited.

It's worth every penny of the $3500, of course I would be interested if I was going to change cars. Who needs cash when you can just sell your soul to the bank for 72 months? Seems that's how most of these people play the game.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #94
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
It's worth every penny of the $3500, of course I would be interested if I was going to change cars. Who needs cash when you can just sell your soul to the bank for 72 months? Seems that's how most of these people play the game.
There's a LOT of people on this forum who trade their cars in after a very short amount of time. "The payments are the same!"

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP

Last edited by Biscuitpie; 06-27-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #95
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Depends on who's driving the cars. If I was to start road racing I wouldn't tear up a 1LE learning, but if I was you would probably show me your taillights.

You got that right on the driver you can put a crappy driver in a high end car an a high end driver in a crappy car an the high driver will win everytime until the crappy driver gets better. I love my 2010 SS an will mod it to my abilities. An what really sucks is that every year theres always something better an i cant afford to trade every year like some.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #96
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat01 View Post
You almost got it right, but here is a little tweak for you..

-SS owners were once at the top of the Camaro food chain until that damn ZL1 came out, now WTH is with this 1LE thing putting mine even lower down and making me feel even more inferior
-1LE owners defending their purchase because they really wanted a ZL1 but couldn't afford one.
-ZL1 owners laughing their azzes off at all of the above
(Future edit) -Z28 owners......

believe me when i say the reason i got a 1LE over a ZL1 has nothing to do with price its my 3rd camaro in 3 years and affordability over a ZL1 was the farthest thing from my mind when i ordered the car
Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #97
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
What gives? From what I see around here everyone wants to 'upgrade' to a 1LE around here. Is your street driven SS so bad that your are destroying your tires and brakes at an excessive rate? Does the stock SS just not meet your standards of handling ability on the freeway entrance ramp? Also, you don't want to buy the tires for them very often.

I'm mainly just wondering why you would want to trade your street driven SS, or your SS that you drag race for a 1LE, it's a track oriented car. Does it ride better, can you really tell the difference on the street or do you just feel like you are driving an SS with more expensive tires and a flat black hood?

I can understand if you are an auto crosser or trading up from a V6 you may as well throw that package in I guess.

Okay, so I read the entire thread, and most made good points, about "too much to trade up for what I have in my current SS', etc.

The bottom line is this. We all drool of something that comes out and is better than what we have. Sure we can always upgrade and no matter how good the car is, we will find something to upgrade and make it more like we want it. That is alot of the fun.

'The way we like it' is different for everyone.

I have driven them all. I have a cool dealership that let me and so I did. 2SS auto, 2SS manual. ZL1 auto, ZL1 manual. Last I drove the 1LE. They were all new and all on premium gas.

My conclusion has nothing to do with what anyone can afford or not. That has nothing to do with the facts about the cars.

Both the SS Camaros that I drove were fine cars, better than any comparable mustang for handling and many other things. I had a V6 Camaro at the time and would have been thrilled to have the SS instead.

But as I said on another thread, there always seemed to be a delay in the accelerator to response time of these Cars, ZL1 included. They felt fast but not snappy fast. This included the SS cars and the ZL1. There is a whole thread on this so I won't repeat it.

Then I drove the 1LE. I tell you this is a totally different car. I now own one. It feels more like an old style hot rod, instant response. Also there is no comparison to a stock SS as far as handling. It is just better. I also believe that the engines on the 1LE are different, more power, the dyno tests seem to confirm this and the seat of the pants driving both the SS and 1LE confirm it as well.

The ZL1 of coures is in a class of its own. I am willing to bet however if you leave a 1LE with the stock suspension and just uptick the motor to ZL1 power, it would stay with the ZL1 around a road course even without those special magnetic shocks.

My final point. Everyone seems to say it's great for the track, but for the street who cares. Well, why not have a car that can handle with or maybe beat a BMW in handling and also (with upgrades) make a very fast drag car. It is the best of both worlds and GM has laid it in our lap for the cost of an option. I bought mine for exactly those reasons.

The new Z28 will just be an extension of GM's philosophy with the 1LE. It will be an awesome street car, disquised as a track car.

Then everyone will be fighting over whether the Z28 price will be worth the upgrade from the 1LE. All I have to say to that is 'LS7'. Enough said.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #98
BigRedMikeLV

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
There's a LOT of people on this forum who trade their cars in after a very short amount of time. "The payments are the same!"
Saw soooo much of this in the military. I have to laugh at a lot of them now as well because they're getting out and needing to downgrade because they can't afford payments anymore. I feel free to point out "If you weren't running through cars like you run through strippers and whores you wouldn't even have to worry about payments right now."
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote