Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #29
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
As mentioned above, put it in the right forum and then send the link to the dealership. Demand an answer from the management. That is just unacceptable. I am very lucky to have a great dealership service department here in NH. Not sure it's ok to mention a name but they are in Nashua NH. Too bad you are so far away.

Let them know the power of the internet and how wide the distribution is. There are many of us that travel around the country to buy our cars and they should be aware that they are effecting there business in a big way when they don't take care of a customer.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #30
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
I asked a simple question to the mecanical chef from my GM dealer about the A/C prob on camaro's and he didn't even look in he's PC to check..he shoot at me ``its your resistance, it's burned``i did take my legs to my butt and ran as fast as i can to get out of there! because i did read on Camaro5 that i need to purge a bit of gaz and then ill be good(thats what i did by the way and my A/C works great now).

First of all try to avoid GM dealers as much as you can!When you take your car in ,the guys who are working on your car are ppl who are sick and tired of there job's bc it dosent pay much! ....and they really dont care about putting on a guard pad on your fender or putting on a plastic paper on your seats so they dont put oīl all over! they DON'T ****ING CARE all they want is to finish the day as fast as they can and go home!That said even if its a ZL1(60K car) in the Shop its the same for them as if it was a chevrelet cruise(15K car).

In a professionnel speed shop all ppl in there are ppl who works with there earth and they know what they are doing and how much your Z is prescious for you.

Those manager's from our GM dealers are fk...ing.. a..sole with no attitude and they are poor ppl who dont like there job either ,they manage the shop to cost the less they can and cut's on everything.

ALL GM NEEDS ITS A BEAUTIFULL IMAGE OF THEM to sale 60k and 140k cars after that your on your own with little manager's who makes 30k a years and really dont care about your feeling on your ZL1.
580/556 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #31
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Just curious - given the poor treatment they have given you in the past, why did you even consider going back there at all? That's not excusing their horrible service and poor customer relations - those are inexcusable. But hey, once burned etc...

Even if it is because they are the closest dealer, I would never darken their doorway again and would be calling or emailing everyone in Chevrolet's/GM's problem resolution directory. You should keep after GM/Chevy until something is done to make you happy!

Good luck with the problems and I hope you get it all resolved.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
just picked up my car. their fix on my hood was a quick wet sand and polish leaving horrible swirls all over that could be seen from 20 ft. they actually chipped the paint along the insert putting it in so now the car goes to the body shop to have the hood repainted. just once id love to own a brand new car that doesn't have to be painted immediately like all my new Camaros have had to be due to piss poor dealer service.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #33
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Just curious - given the poor treatment they have given you in the past, why did you even consider going back there at all? That's not excusing their horrible service and poor customer relations - those are inexcusable. But hey, once burned etc...

Even if it is because they are the closest dealer, I would never darken their doorway again and would be calling or emailing everyone in Chevrolet's/GM's problem resolution directory. You should keep after GM/Chevy until something is done to make you happy!

Good luck with the problems and I hope you get it all resolved.
although weve had many issues there usually all is fine so long as my car doesn't spend the night there. they have always remedied the issues as well. this is it the car will never grace their lot ever again.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #34
Blainne

Drives: 2004 SRT10
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28man2 View Post
man I would run that up the flagpole at the dealership, then call gm & send them pics. Don't let them get away with that!
Report the dealer to GM.

They have a standard to up hold. Dealers can lose their ability to sell a brand.

Hyundai is so ANul if they get any report less than 100% satisfaction the employee can get fired on the spot.
1970 Mach 1 (sold)
2007 GT500 (sold)
+20 others
Blainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #35
jesse10

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
although weve had many issues there usually all is fine so long as my car doesn't spend the night there. they have always remedied the issues as well. this is it the car will never grace their lot ever again.

I totally feel you. I want you to know that you are not the only one who feels this level of frustration when needing to service their car at any dealership. Makes me wanna buy a simple car that I can fix easily. Nothing fancy, just get in and drive for over 100,000 miles without any issues. I Have always owned camaros since I could drive and there is a particular level of stress that comes with owning a camaro.....or anything really nice. it all comes with stress in some way. Good luck with everything, one day at a time.
jesse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #36
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
They get paid by Chevrolet to do warranty work so it should be no sweat off his back. This is just pure (and often typical) dealer BS.
Agree! As a matter of fact he should be thrilled your keeping his guys working! What an asshead
kmthor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I drive past three Chevrolet dealers to get to the one I use for work on my car. Just saying.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
joes407

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I drive past three Chevrolet dealers to get to the one I use for work on my car. Just saying.

me too but I guess I need to stop at one now
Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blainne View Post
Report the dealer to GM.

They have a standard to up hold. Dealers can lose their ability to sell a brand.
LOL, GM only cares about bottom line sales. They spout all kinds of other rhetoric, but the level of service tells me all I need to know. If a dealership is making quota they will never ever get dropped for any reason other than poor sales.

If a private shop put out work like most dealerships (not just GM) they would be out of business.

I am so glad I put a maggie on my car. I'd rather pay for a blown engine and do the work myself than risk taking it in for warranty work.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #40
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Starling Chevrolet and David Maus are good for service.

Starling are good on sales too, David Maus not so much
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #41
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
so as many here know my car has been at courtesy chevy by the airport since Monday for a simple list of warranty repairs. when the car was dropped off we did a full walk around inside and out so there would be no issues upon pick up. yesterday I stopped in to check on progress and the techs are working on my car with no fender guards to protect the paint. this morning I go to pick up my car that is supposed to be done. when I get there the first thing I see is the hood is severely scratched up from them putting in the new ecf insert, then I open my door and the side bolsters on my seat are crushed and wrinkled. then under the hood theres coolant all over top of intake and other engine parts that the tech didn't clean up after his work was done. the instructions I left were there was to be no wiping on the exterior paint period as I just paid to have to car polished and waxed to a mirror finish. needless to say whoever wiped down my car scratched the piss out of it. so I then talk with service manager who then tells me the seat is nomal wear although after 25k miles of driving it did not look like it does now when I dropped it off. immediately he got defensive and said hes not going to put a new seat in. I didn't ask for a new seat i was just pointing out the issues at that time. he then told me my car has a laundry list of repairs which is total b.s as the only repairs I get are warranty work or service bulletins. I told him we always have issues when my car gets left overnight. last time someone stole the valve stem caps and wrote wash me in the dust on the car, another time the tech wasted my door edge on the cement wall, on my SS they greased up the orange leather beyond cleaning and the list of monkey antics goes on and on. at that point the service manager told me he does not care about my car or what happens to it because I did not buy it there. on top of it they've had it since Monday and they still didn't fix the rearend noise yet they are throwing parts at an issue theyre unsure of the cause. take this warning and DO NOT USE COURTESY CHEVY FOR REPAIRS or your car will be damaged! now im stuck with the monkey brigade attempting the rest of the repairs since no other dealer wants to fix other dealers screw-ups. this is unacceptable behavior for a dealership and obviously they don't care about the cars brought to them for service bulletins especially if you didn't buy it from them. although if they had a ZL-1 when I got mine I would've bought from them but they only got 1 for 2012 and had no other allotments. im not sure what to do at this point but I will be finding a new dealer. I called g.m customer service and they opened a case but told me theres nothing they can do, they do not reprimand bad dealerships. with the way I was treated there today I will never buy another chevy from an autonation dealership and at this point I may not buy another chevy.

Reminds me of some poor customer service I recieved recently from a catch can manufacturer.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #42
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Man,that sucks . I dont even like taking my lowly 1LT in . Thankfully,I only had to do it once for a re-flash. And I work at a dealer . Just don't like other people touching my car.