Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #29
Kanine

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
Its a camaro forum! Ya'll act like I own a mustang! Z28 owners post in ZL1 forums all the time and we debate and agree sometimes. The OP asked about ZL1s so I chimed in. I did not chime in on no other posts.... I like both cars, and considered buying the Z28. I said it numerous times both cars are bad ass. I said it was a great time to own a Chevy. I posted how both cars will be collectibles. So I don't see how ya'll are saying I'm disrespecting a Z28 forum... You are the ones stating only the negatives on the ZL1. The OP asked about both... But thanks Justified for being open minded on both vehicles. I'll say it on last time. Both cars are awesome!
Kanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #30
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanine View Post
Its a camaro forum! Ya'll act like I own a mustang! Z28 owners post in ZL1 forums all the time and we debate and agree sometimes. The OP asked about ZL1s so I chimed in. I did not chime in on no other posts.... I like both cars, and considered buying the Z28. I said it numerous times both cars are bad ass. I said it was a great time to own a Chevy. I posted how both cars will be collectibles. So I don't see how ya'll are saying I'm disrespecting a Z28 forum... You are the ones stating only the negatives on the ZL1. The OP asked about both... But thanks Justified for being open minded on both vehicles. I'll say it on last time. Both cars are awesome!

You are right... we are all Camaro brothers ( and a few sisters). A while ago I came over from the dark side of being a mustang owner. Ha ha. Actually, I had a Boss 302, it was sweet, but I've grown to love the Camaro. Enjoy that ZL1! I hope to see one in person some day.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #31
Kanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Flyer View Post
The ZL1 is not limited... there is no maximum production number for this year or any year. Maybe this year will be lower because of a short production cycle, but otherwise not "limited production". They will crank out as many as they can over the rest of the Gen 6 production cycle.

A dealer selling a new car for a reduced price is not depreciation - at least on the consumer side. It is a market adjustment (just like when they jack up the price of a new car due to high demand).

Consumer depreciation happens after someone buys a car and the price decreases. That is what I am talking about and the Z/28 is at or near the bottom of the depreciation curve. Certainly much closer to the bottom than a new car. Can we at least agree on that?

You're arguing about everything except the main point of my post and you're coming across as very troll-ish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, the extremely "Limited" Z28 is in the same price range as high production 2014-2015 ZL1s today ($40-50K). 20 yrs from now I agree that at Barrett Jackson the Z28 will sell for more than a ZL1. But both will be collectors. 2013 ZL1 was the highest production at a little under 8k made. But other years less than 2500. Anyone but a Z28 owner would call that limited, so I apologize.

You buying your car for $55k is a "good deal" the CONSUMERs who bought one for $65-75K is depreciation. Oh yeah, you said you researched that... no one really paid that price. Okay..

Not a troll, I love the Z28 hell I almost bought one.. I think the ZL1 has more options and better all around. Which is what the OP was (I think you forgot) was asking. I own a Camaro (2013 and 17 ZL1) so I didn't know it was trolling if the OP asked "which one".
Old 03-20-2017, 11:24 PM   #32
G6Flyer

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #371
which one

Deleted

Last edited by G6Flyer; 03-21-2017 at 07:41 AM.
G6Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #33
G6Flyer

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #371
which one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanine View Post
Ok, the extremely "Limited" Z28 is in the same price range as high production 2014-2015 ZL1s today ($40-50K). 20 yrs from now I agree that at Barrett Jackson the Z28 will sell for more than a ZL1. But both will be collectors. 2013 ZL1 was the highest production at a little under 8k made. But other years less than 2500. Anyone but a Z28 owner would call that limited, so I apologize.

You buying your car for $55k is a "good deal" the CONSUMERs who bought one for $65-75K is depreciation. Oh yeah, you said you researched that... no one really paid that price. Okay..

Not a troll, I love the Z28 hell I almost bought one.. I think the ZL1 has more options and better all around. Which is what the OP was (I think you forgot) was asking. I own a Camaro (2013 and 17 ZL1) so I didn't know it was trolling if the OP asked "which one".

You've been argumentative in all of your responses, but I'm not sure what I've said that's been offensive to you. I've made objective factual statements that are 100% true and have never said one car is better than the other. My only commentary on the ZL1 was in post #3 in this thread.

"No question the ZL1 (especially 1LE) is a beast, but I'm a fan of buying cars at the bottom of the depreciation curve rather than the top, although I'll admit I sometimes fail to do that..."

"The above is my opinion only, your mileage may vary, no warranties expressed or implied, etc."

In every one of your posts you put words in my mouth:

- I never said the ZL1 is "high production". I said it is not "limited production" (which is 100% accurate). The Z/28 was limited production - 500 for 2014; 2,500 for 2015 (of course they didn't build the full number because demand wasn't there). The 2017 Collector Edition Grand Sport Corvette is limited production (850 US allocation; 1,000 total). When there is no upper limited to the production numbers (ZL1) they will crank out as many as they can sell and there is no artificial scarcity.

- I also never said I did "research" on what people paid. What I said was:

"I would guess very few people paid $75,000 for a Z/28. I think most that contribute here paid in the $55-65K range (same price as the Gen 5 ZL1)..."

Note the "I think MOST THAT CONTRIBUTE HERE paid in the $55-65K range".

I didn't "forget" what the OP was asking... His actual question was "which one" should I get. The point I've made in every one of my posts is that the Z/28 has already depreciated much more than a brand new ZL1 and therefore has a much lower potential downside risk factor. From a purely financial standpoint the Z/28 is a smarter buy at this moment in time. You still haven't been able to agree with that for some reason.

You say your not a troll, but I would contend you are. The definition of a troll is:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement."

By continuing to put words in my mouth and getting butthurt over things I never said, you are a troll. I don't know if it is your intent to provoke an emotional response, but you managed to do it to me and I apoplogize to anyone that read my post above before I deleted it.

G6Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #34
Kanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Flyer View Post
You've been argumentative in all of your responses, but I'm not sure what I've said that's been offensive to you. I've made objective factual statements that are 100% true and have never said one car is better than the other. My only commentary on the ZL1 was in post #3 in this thread.

"No question the ZL1 (especially 1LE) is a beast, but I'm a fan of buying cars at the bottom of the depreciation curve rather than the top, although I'll admit I sometimes fail to do that..."

"The above is my opinion only, your mileage may vary, no warranties expressed or implied, etc."

In every one of your posts you put words in my mouth:

- I never said the ZL1 is "high production". I said it is not "limited production" (which is 100% accurate). The Z/28 was limited production - 500 for 2014; 2,500 for 2015 (of course they didn't build the full number because demand wasn't there). The 2017 Collector Edition Grand Sport Corvette is limited production (850 US allocation; 1,000 total). When there is no upper limited to the production numbers (ZL1) they will crank out as many as they can sell and there is no artificial scarcity.

- I also never said I did "research" on what people paid. What I said was:

"I would guess very few people paid $75,000 for a Z/28. I think most that contribute here paid in the $55-65K range (same price as the Gen 5 ZL1)..."

Note the "I think MOST THAT CONTRIBUTE HERE paid in the $55-65K range".

I didn't "forget" what the OP was asking... His actual question was "which one" should I get. The point I've made in every one of my posts is that the Z/28 has already depreciated much more than a brand new ZL1 and therefore has a much lower potential downside risk factor. From a purely financial standpoint the Z/28 is a smarter buy at this moment in time. You still haven't been able to agree with that for some reason.

You say your not a troll, but I would contend you are. The definition of a troll is:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement."

By continuing to put words in my mouth and getting butthurt over things I never said, you are a troll. I don't know if it is your intent to provoke an emotional response, but you managed to do it to me and I apoplogize to anyone that read my post above before I deleted it.

Dude, not that big of a deal. Enjoy your ride and be safe out there! Feel free to come to the ZL1 forum where corvette, mustang and fellow Camaro owners are doing pros and cons all day. We are debating sunroofs today. I apologize for stating my points in a "which one" question.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #35
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Guys both cars are great, a lot of people did pay full price at the time(less 2K off at the Time) and enjoyed the time in the car (and still do) and want to try the new ZL1 1LE too, its a great time to be a car guy.

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 03-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #36
Viczl1

Drives: 2019 ZL1
great
Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #37
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Great cars ! It's personal preference. For example, The number one consideration for me is always the drive train -- motor, tranny, rear end. I have had blower cars, turbo cars, and NA cars. In the end, I like big displacement NA cars with sticks and posi/limited slip rear end. For me, these are the most durable, and in the long run, least hassle and the least complex (I have trashed a few blower motors)...

What is your criteria ? HP ? Drivetrain ? suspension ? Once you decide that, you will know what car you prefer.
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #38
premad

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I have been looking at Z/28's for the last year doing a lot of dreaming to have one and if the OP can get one under 40K and it was well maintained, I would suggest jumping on it, because all I see is upper 40's to low 50's in my town for these awesome cars.
premad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #39
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by premad View Post
I have been looking at Z/28's for the last year doing a lot of dreaming to have one and if the OP can get one under 40K and it was well maintained, I would suggest jumping on it, because all I see is upper 40's to low 50's in my town for these awesome cars.
Have one here locally that I keep thinking hard about 2015 car with AC, 3500 miles, perfect condition, priced at $44,500. I want it but the Wife thinks I'm crazy.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #40
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
As a new Z/28 owner (bought it two weeks ago) I will admit to being biased in the sense that I'm still in the honeymoon phase with this car, but holy crap is it awesome! Never has the saying "You just need to drive it to understand it!" been more true. I've said this in other posts, but it's like that pumped up badass muscle car you had when you were 18.......so mean and so full of character. From the exhaust note to the way the engine makes power to the ultra awesome short throw shifter to the unbelievable cornering capability to the incomparable badass looks......there's just so much to this car that has to be experienced real time to understand how special it is. I've NEVER had so much fun in a car, and I've only owned the thing for two weeks! I'm coming from a 2014 ZL1 and then a 2009 ZR1 so I have some extremely high performance cars to compare it to. From a visceral/connected to the car/drivers experience perspective there is no comparison. Again, I'm extremely biased, but you cannot go wrong with the Z/28......
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:56 AM   #41
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Have one here locally that I keep thinking hard about 2015 car with AC, 3500 miles, perfect condition, priced at $44,500. I want it but the Wife thinks I'm crazy.
Good deal. Buy it. Fyi I paid much more than that for my 15 Z (w/AC) last year. As far as your wife, women are much worse investments than automobiles. Get to a point in life where you have so much leverage that women cannot sway you. If you're already married then she already owns over 50% of your stuff and if you live in Kalifornia then she owns 70%. Sorry, but you started this "wife won't let me" garbage.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:23 AM   #42
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Good deal. Buy it. Fyi I paid much more than that for my 15 Z (w/AC) last year. As far as your wife, women are much worse investments than automobiles. Get to a point in life where you have so much leverage that women cannot sway you. If you're already married then she already owns over 50% of your stuff and if you live in Kalifornia then she owns 70%. Sorry, but you started this "wife won't let me" garbage.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just about ready to take a trip to the dealer and talk. Wife isn't thrilled but she is ok with it, then I read the carfax and now I am having 2nd thoughts. I'm pretty sure this will hurt the present and future resale value but I am just not sure by how much.

12/23/2016 North Carolina
Damage Report Accident reported
Very minor right front damage reported
Vehicle drivable
Airbags did not deploy
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote