Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 08-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #7001
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jered@DKT View Post
Anyone in here interested in going twin turbo? We would like our second kit to go locally. Still have to purchase a kit but labor on the kit itself would be thrown in as well as major discounts on other parts and labor.
Why did I just spend money to roof the house? This is by far more important!!! lol!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #7002
Snakeater

Drives: 2010 ss/rs Camaro///1978 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrmanpaul66 View Post
Just saw that Karls has a 2015 Z/28 on the lot $ 76,000.00
Hey Paul it's sold if it's black one I was up there Tuesday
Old 08-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #7003
DKT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Why did I just spend money to roof the house? This is by far more important!!! lol!
Haha! I hope we can help someone out!
DKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #7004
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Paul,
Not real sure about tomorrow night's car show, it looks like rain according to the weather forecast, I will have to play it by hear?

Bill
Old 08-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #7005
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT RS M6
This weekend is the town celebration for Madrid, Iowa. They have a car show on Sunday with registration beginning at 8 AM and the show starts at Noon. 2014 Runner-up of "Best Car Show" by Cityview's Annual Readers Poll

This link to PDF has all events:
http://www.madridiowa.org/Labor%20Da...20Schedule.pdf

Here is the link to the registration form PDF:
http://www.madridiowa.org/Labor%20Da...0-%20final.pdf

I hope that some of you can make it and most of all that the weather is nice so there is a good turn out as I heard they have around 300 cars usually. I will plan to be around checking things out.
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #7006
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Camaro is on the trailer headed back. Talked to the guy who does the towing and he doesn't work for Karl Performance. I talked about it getting trailered back as I don't have time to drive out to pick it up before the United Way Car Show. He told me it would cost $200 to deliver it. :(

UPDATE:

The CEL was for a misfire which is common when doing cam swaps. Since the cam i put in is more agressive it wasn't adjusted correctly, but they have it fixed. They are unable to recreate the rubbing sound I was hearing. The United Way car show is next weekend and I don't have time to pick it up and get it cleaned so I am thinking about having it shipped back. Unfortunately it is at my cost if I do so and that would run $200.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs

Last edited by rberns; 08-28-2014 at 06:05 PM.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #7007
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Good news for the most part I guess. Hope the noise was a fluke. If you factor in fuel to drive there and back with 2 vehicles and what your time is worth, $200 isn't that bad really. Good luck!!
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #7008
DKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Picked up the car today. Its definitely a different ride than before. It bucks in the low rpms and loves to shake its ass at the stop lights. Got it home and was going to a car wash to use the pressure washer to clean it. Got about 1/2 a block from my house when I heard a metal rubbing sound and the check engine light came on. Turned around and put the car back in the garage. Called the shop and they are supposed to call me on Monday. They may need to send a tow truck to bring it back.
I skimmed through your latest posts. Couple things i wanted to ask you.
Did they really have to pull the engine to do a cam, oil pump, and converter?
That is crazy if they did and i am sure that wasn't cheap on labor.

How bad does it buck? RPM range of the bucking?
Last cammed camaro i did, did almost 490whp with a CAI and headers did not buck in the lower rpm. If if does that's a tune issue.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #7009
HRD_WRK
HARD WORKING PATRIOT

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS RS-AUTO
Their admitted mistake , their responsibility / bill. It wouldn't cost more than $100 tops in gas. Why should you pay for drive labor-its part of the warranty. Doesnt matter if your 10 minutes away or 10hours-shop accountability.
People make mistakes. Good lesson if this finishes out this way-others take note.
Id recommend you call the shop for further discussion on the return plans.
Good luck.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #7010
rberns

Quote:
Originally Posted by white1LE View Post
Good news for the most part I guess. Hope the noise was a fluke. If you factor in fuel to drive there and back with 2 vehicles and what your time is worth, $200 isn't that bad really. Good luck!!
I was thinking the same way. Putting wear and tear on two vehicles + gas + my time...$200 may be the way to go. Plus the only days I have off is Monday and Friday and Saturday is the car show so I would have any time for cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKT View Post
I skimmed through your latest posts. Couple things i wanted to ask you.
Did they really have to pull the engine to do a cam, oil pump, and converter?
That is crazy if they did and i am sure that wasn't cheap on labor.

How bad does it buck? RPM range of the bucking?
Last cammed camaro i did, did almost 490whp with a CAI and headers did not buck in the lower rpm. If if does that's a tune issue.
because i was having them put in a melling oil pump they didn't feel comfortable lowering the oil pan. too many times they have seen the oil pan not sealing correctly so they decided pulling it would be the best option because now they can put in the new converter as well. Labor wasn't cheap. I was orginally quoted $2000 in labor and shop fees....I ended up paying just shy of $2900.

As for the bucking, ive only noticed it when I am crawling in traffic. If I let go of the brake all is good, but if I am riding them or backing the car up it tends to buck a little bit.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #7011
rberns

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Their admitted mistake , their responsibility / bill. It wouldn't cost more than $100 tops in gas. Why should you pay for drive labor-its part of the warranty. Doesnt matter if your 10 minutes away or 10hours-shop accountability.
People make mistakes. Good lesson if this finishes out this way-others take note.
Good luck.
Yeah, they said they wouldn't pay for the shipping fee back because there is no problems with the car when I sent it to them. I was kind of baffled at first because they admitted that the CEL came on because of the tune. They didn't adjust the parameters enough for the size of cam that I have. Parts of me wants to have a 3rd party dyno my car and make sure the tune is good or even have them redo it. This shop is starting to make me not want to come back in the future.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #7012
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
hey guys....

Been long time since I last did a post. This is the usual issue on modding up a car, the factory warranty concerns, and then the builder/shop's warranty of parts, workmanship and etc.

When I was shopping for a shop to build mine, of course the price was a major factor along with any warranty that was offered. 3 1/2 years ago, all the places I looked, the two shops I narrowed it don to, both was 3 year failed part and its related labor

As for my builder; Livernois Motorsports, I would have to had to bring my Camaro back to the shop. That was made clear upfront during my inquiries

Hope you can get something worked out
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:49 PM   #7013
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Good luck.
At this point it has been documented at least 2 times, from our members, that unless you buy the Lingenfelter cams or superchargers they market, they cannot or will not tune your car properly. Obviously I can't complain with the services I have had in the past but I can tell you this, I will install my own cam if they think that they can gouge us $2000-3000 in labor alone. I know many vendors on here that have cam kits for $2700 installed and tuned.

Ryan, I was really hoping everything would go well for you as I was gaging my future business with them from your experience. I plan on doing similar upgrades to yours with a cam that is nearly as aggressive as yours. Sorry that they want to give you the run-around. Keep us posted man.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts

Last edited by BenningJ; 08-29-2014 at 06:18 AM.
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #7014
DKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I was thinking the same way. Putting wear and tear on two vehicles + gas + my time...$200 may be the way to go. Plus the only days I have off is Monday and Friday and Saturday is the car show so I would have any time for cleaning

because i was having them put in a melling oil pump they didn't feel comfortable lowering the oil pan. too many times they have seen the oil pan not sealing correctly so they decided pulling it would be the best option because now they can put in the new converter as well. Labor wasn't cheap. I was orginally quoted $2000 in labor and shop fees....I ended up paying just shy of $2900.

As for the bucking, ive only noticed it when I am crawling in traffic. If I let go of the brake all is good, but if I am riding them or backing the car up it tends to buck a little bit.

I am sorry but that is all complete BS. Cam swaps in 5th gens are about as easy as they come. I have never had any of those issues. Stall or clutch changes are super easy and doesn't take much time at all. All that work would have been less then half of what you paid here at DKT.