Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Newest Camaro Ugrade at a Seriously Knowledgable Pedders Suspension Export in Mt. Vie

I totally pride myself on my knowledge and abilities. With a degree in Auto Technology,and a Teaching Credential in Automotive Technology, and teaching suspension design for 5 year, my knowledge on suspension is pretty decent. One of my job functions is to find and train new dealers. We now have close to 90 Pedders dealers accross this great country of ours. But there again, there is my turf!. I am in the SF Bay Area, and I must admit, I am SERIOUSLY more fussy who becomes a Pedders Dealer here our not. To become a dealer, THEY MUST become an extension of me in every way.

Custom Alignment in Mt. View Ca, is one of 2 off the charts great suspension and performance alignment shops in Central/Northern California that I would qualify as being off the charts outstanding and serious suspension pros. So I have been trying to get them as a dealer for a VERY long time. Well I succeeded and am seriously proud to announce Custom Alignment as a new Pedders Dealer

Here is their contact info
Custom Alignment Balance and Brakes
2599 Wyandotte Street, Unit A
Mountain View, CA 94043
www.customalignment.com
Joe Silva, Owner
bald1racing@yahoo.com
(650) 961-5311
Shop Hours - 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday

I am not one to exagerate, but Joe and his crew are beyond even my knowledge. I am seriously proud to be associated with them. We recently completed our first Track II system for a Camaro. I can tell you, they asked me and challenged me with questions like I never have been challenged before. this impressed the crap out of me to be specific! The questions they asked were way beyond what normal shops would ask, and I was thankful that I had not knowledge and abilities to answer them. To further support their own knowledge, Joe and his team kept the Camaro, with permission of coarse, for multiple day and checked all kinds of different settings. Contact him and let a true racing suspension professional tell you what his opinion is. To give further credit to Joe, he is a member of a professional pit crew with a $10,000.000 budget a year to put his abilities into perspective. He is also a avid road racer. So they know their stuff.

Here is the Camaro we did together as a training Camaro:

BEFORE INSTALLATION OF THE TRACKII SYSTEM

AFTER TRACKII PICTURES WITH A 40MM DROP

SLOTTING THE FRONT RADIUS ROD HOLES TO ACCEPT THE PEDDERS FRONT RADIUIS ROD CASTER ECCENTRICS THAT WILL ADD 1.0 TO 1.25 DEGREES POSITIVE CASTER

REPLACING THE CRITICAL UPPER REAR CONTROL ARM BUSHING

PRESSING OUT THE TRAILING ARM BUSHINGS

INSTALLING THE INNER REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHING WITH PEDDERS

VIEW OF THE CRITICAL BUSHINGS IN THE REAR END. LOOK AT ALL THE READ!!

THE PEDDERS CRITICAL UPPER REAR CONTROL ARM BUSHING REPLACEMENT. THIS IS A SERIOUS BUSHING TO REPLACE FOR WHEEL HOP

SPENDING 5 MINUTES TO MODIFY THE REAR ECCENTRICS TO ACCEPT THE LARGER THROW PEDDERS CUSTOM ECCENTRICS

REAR DIFFERENTIAL HD BUSHINGS INSTALLED IN 1.5 HOURS AND NOT DONE BY REMOVING THE DIFF BY OUR COMPETITION.

This ride was set up for moderate street agressiveness, and everyone is loving it.

Thanks to Custom Alignment and the owner for being so patient and waiting for the best.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Man, I would have stopped by on mny way home from San Jose yesterday. I thought it was going to be this week. Looks great! Congrats Custom Alignment.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Jay2SS109
Redemption

Drives: .

Last edited by Jay2SS109; 06-25-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Jay2SS109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Info@PeddersUSA.com

What was cool is before I got there, they had ride heights, pre alignment specs and pre corner weight specs already established and I did not even ask them if they could do this.

Corner weighing is not for everyone, but for the serious, it can give you a great advantage. They also did a performance alignment with the weight of the driver in the front seat. Now how many alignment shops ever ask about that? These are some of the things that jump out at me and tell me they are seriously qualified and definately performance oriented.!!

they were a true pleasure to work with. Looking forward getting them connected with all our other platforms.

mike
dms
Old 04-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Hmm... I have to remember this place...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #6
Info@PeddersUSA.com

When you go there and chat with Joe, go out to lunch with him at the golf coarse. They have a great killer lunch there. Then chat with him about his experiences with racing. He is a dictionary of racing and performance knowledge.

mike
dms
Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Info@PeddersUSA.com

They are one of the few alignment shops that will ask you how much you weigh and will put that weight on your front seat before they actually align it!
mike
dms
Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Caution

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M
Can you recommend anyone in Houston that is on par with the alignment shop highlighted here in this post?
Caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #9
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caution View Post
Can you recommend anyone in Houston that is on par with the alignment shop highlighted here in this post?
I do not know alignment shops in Houston, sorry. But Fastlanes is extremely experienced in Camaro on the install function

mike
dms