Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: At 4-Way stop do the other drivers let you go first?
All most always 20 20.00%
Occasionally 46 46.00%
Never 18 18.00%
I hate 4-way stop intersections 23 23.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #15
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You kiddin? No one here knows how to operate a stop sign, let alone coordinate with other drivers to wave a Camaro through.

If you pull up to a 4-way stop sign, and the dude to your right was there first, he has the right-of-way. One thing no one here knows is that the guy turning left is supposed to yield to oncoming traffic

I voted I hate 4-way stop intersections...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
I am not sure about the 4 way stop but I get a lot of people not passing me when I am trucking down the road. Once I tap down on the gas the MRT V2's sound nice under load.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #17
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Never. I think their Jealous. Heck, on my way to work I have to make a left hand turn (no stop sign) onto a side street. Everytime I'm approaching the turn and there's a car asitting at the right waiting turn out (at a stop sign) they jump out and cut me off when I turn on my turn signal. I've stop using my left turn signal there because I've nearly hit 3 car pulling out in front of my. Thank GM for putting good brakes on these cars.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
In Dallas, I almost always get waved through, as do most females I know if the other cars are being driven by men.

The fun part is when you have all women at the stop signs who are used to being waved through.

I take it as a courtesy, keep my eyes on the road and move on.
snowtrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Two words: Rolling Stop!
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #20
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
The worst ones are the intersections where one side has *no* stop sign while the other one does. I'll pull up on the side without the sign and the idiot in front of me stops to let the others go. "There's no sign there for a reason, numbnuts....GO."
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I voted that I hate 4 way stops.

The guy flashing his lights, or waving you through out of turn just messes up the flow of traffic.

If everyone just went when they were supposed to, the wait times would be shorter.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #22
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
I'm mostly driving in New York, so I have to face the City drivers, and they will never let you go. Some don't even stop, whoever is the fastest to leave goes first.
JaxJags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I've noticed it. I usually wave the other folks through. In the camaro no one wants to go.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #24
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
STOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
You're assuming California drivers actually stop at stop signs
I sware in my daily commute I go through at least 8 four-way Stops, and if there isn't someone already at the stop sign... people just roll right through. I even saw a car just follow another one through the intersection. I guess he thought it was like a street light?

Sometimes I see cars stop almost in the middle of the intersection, and I'm not sure if they totally misjudged the stop, or just decided to put a stop in for good measure.

There was a thread about how police are not allowing the 5-10 mph cushion anymore, because the cities need the revenue. Well, if they would just patrol the side streets, we'd have a surplus in LA!

Anyway, not to thread-jack... back to the questions. I didn't vote, because there wasn't an answer for me:

A: I always wave for any 'beater' cars to go first (if thier car already has dents all over it, I'm not going to give them a chance to add another, with SIM paint) If they got a nice car, then we go by the book (assuming they know the book).
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Stop signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Two words: Rolling Stop!

And thats a California Roll.

Man, don't ask me .My SS got passengerside shreaded when a lady did a california roll....when i had no stop, and she surely did.( i had lights on and everything..if i would have planted my foot into the maggie maybe i could have gotten bye, but my scanning showed that her car was coming to a halt. Not a "california roll"

I wan't to beat up on some unsuspecting 2011 GT's soooo bad.

well in a month, parts seem to move slowly and i'm intalling a catback( screw the sleeper mode)..sound sometimes helps.

I always stop at 4 ways.
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Actually today I had a car go through one so freeking slow because they were checking out my car...swell, but could you not drive a half a mile an hour please??
I go through one everyday on my way to and from work and most of the time people sit there and wait for me to pull up to the stop like they think I'm going to barrel through it....right....b/c I want someone to hit me...
I appreciate the need for caution - I'd rather they paid attention then the folks that just assume I'm going to stop on those roads where I DONT have a stop sign and they do...
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote