Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #113
Ernie

Drives: 99 Hugger, 2002 Berger #70
L99 trans question?

Have a SS2/RS L99 and I believe it is not shifting properly. When I pull it down in to manual it still shifts on it's own before red line. let's say you want to run 1st gear up tp 3000 rpm and then back it down. the car will shift on me. Can you tell me if your tranie doeas that?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #114
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Have a SS2/RS L99 and I believe it is not shifting properly. When I pull it down in to manual it still shifts on it's own before red line. let's say you want to run 1st gear up tp 3000 rpm and then back it down. the car will shift on me. Can you tell me if your tranie doeas that?
Ok if only in M then you are in Sport Mode. The car will still shift. Use the paddles on the wheel if you want to control what gear your car stays in.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #115
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post

. If you have been driving performance cars for a long time, RP is correct. YOU know what 400hp feels like.

I have to disagree with this. 400hp in a vett doesn't feel like 400 hp in an f-body. And 400hp in a f-body feels NOTHING like 400 hp in this car.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #116
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpepka View Post
I went ahead and spent $46,000 for the Camaro
Not a slam...but curious as I don't know your car...did you check all the boxes to get to that price or did you pay a premium for the car? New to looking at the camaros and didn't realize they could get that pricey until I went back and spec'd. everything on it. It just surprised me as that's Corvette territory!

Good luck on your issues...but I'm guessing you won't get alot of help from GM with this issue.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #117
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Personally I would wait until that LS99 has around 3500 to 4000 miles on it. Then start holding it accountable..but yet again I never leave anything stock But I can understand your frustration with your car.
4000 on mine now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahah

YOU KNOW????

That's the difference between one guy holding the stop watch and another guy holding the stop watch.

My L99 is fast... My mileage is high... It rides comfortably... It runs smooth... When I do 90, it feels like I'm going 25...

What more can you ask for?

I'm not placing any bets on my car at any race tracks though.

And I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone, or myself.
This is EXACTLY what GM wants to hear. You'll never even know if you got what you paid for.

And for those who say that we can't expect to get the times that the 'Professional' drivers got. Fine. They got 4.7 seconds. So I don't think it's out of the question to expect a consistant 5.5 from an AUTOMATIC TRANNY. And you'de expect that we would not get 7+ seconds, at all. I did a few times. After practicing and practicing with some of the advice on here as far as 'fluffing' the pedal and easing and stabbing and reving and everything else. You'de think that after over 100 times I would at least get 'lucky?' with an AUTO tranny. It doesn't take Mario frekin Andretti to push the pedal and go in a straight line.

There is a problem. After my dealer gets done and tells me there is nothing wrong with it, I'm gonna get it Tuned and Mod the **** out of it and love the heck out of it And if it breaks I'm just F***ed. I think this is what they want. It'll sure help tham save money. But my next car will be something I can test drive the crap out of first. I'm allready tired of explaining to people how my car is slow. Every time someone asks about how fast it must be it sucks.

I've had my father-in-law, my bro-in-law, my Trooper freind, and another freind, and 2 clients drive it. One of my freinds and a client said it kicked ass. ALL the rest said there is definately something wrong with it. They should ALL say it kicks ass. None of these people drive vipers and Vettes.

The next time someone tells me there is nothing wrong with it and that I just can't drive right, or it's the heat and humidity or tires or whatever I'm gonna freakin' explode. I GET IT, there are factors. But not 2 1/2 second difference factors. And when the car runs a 6.1 then a 7.5 then a 5.8 THERE IS A PROBLEM.

We're doing what we can to fix it and keep our warranties. Why don't you guys just tell us to STFU and take our screwin' like some good little yes men.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #118
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Believe me I have tried everyting twice. It is for sale now.
you tried everything twice... shoulda tried 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
4000 on mine now.

This is EXACTLY what GM wants to hear. You'll never even know if you got what you paid for.

And for those who say that we can't expect to get the times that the 'Professional' drivers got. Fine. They got 4.7 seconds. So I don't think it's out of the question to expect a consistant 5.5 from an AUTOMATIC TRANNY. And you'de expect that we would not get 7+ seconds, at all. I did a few times. After practicing and practicing with some of the advice on here as far as 'fluffing' the pedal and easing and stabbing and reving and everything else. You'de think that after over 100 times I would at least get 'lucky?' with an AUTO tranny. It doesn't take Mario frekin Andretti to push the pedal and go in a straight line.

There is a problem. After my dealer gets done and tells me there is nothing wrong with it, I'm gonna get it Tuned and Mod the **** out of it and love the heck out of it And if it breaks I'm just F***ed. I think this is what they want. It'll sure help tham save money. But my next car will be something I can test drive the crap out of first. I'm allready tired of explaining to people how my car is slow. Every time someone asks about how fast it must be it sucks.

I've had my father-in-law, my bro-in-law, my Trooper freind, and another freind, and 2 clients drive it. One of my freinds and a client said it kicked ass. ALL the rest said there is definately something wrong with it. They should ALL say it kicks ass. None of these people drive vipers and Vettes.

The next time someone tells me there is nothing wrong with it and that I just can't drive right, or it's the heat and humidity or tires or whatever I'm gonna freakin' explode. I GET IT, there are factors. But not 2 1/2 second difference factors. And when the car runs a 6.1 then a 7.5 then a 5.8 THERE IS A PROBLEM.

We're doing what we can to fix it and keep our warranties. Why don't you guys just tell us to STFU and take our screwin' like some good little yes men.

PQ.... STFU. jk.

seriously tho, a LOT of the L99's have been leaving the factory rich as the Saudi's that sell us oil. while heat/humidity, wheels, traction, etc all play a factor in things, the jacked up A/F ratio's that some of these cars are leaving the factory with seems (to me at least) to be the primary concern, as well as the torque management. but as posted before, these motors are built in the thousands. there's going to be some motors that are factory freaks (and run sub 13's in the 1/4) and some that are factory weaks (and cant pull off a 6 sec 0-60). Im not saying its right, but its a fact of life. I wish everyone's car would run at the peak of its performance, but sadly thats not the case. I'm not saying that people should be mad, but there still has not been one person to answer my question of "What is broken that you expect GM to fix?"

a few owners have gone out and gotten worse times than a pro driver, severely worse times in some instances. the OP went out on a regular street and attempted to time himself doing a 0-60 run. if he went to the track and got similar times/numbers, I might be more sympathetic to him. but you can NOT expect to compare an individual owners 0-60ft times on an unprepared surface on a random day timing himself (whilst driving the car at the same time) to that of a professional driver on a prepared track with accurate timing devices.

tho PQ, you and Bonnie do need to swing over here and let me drive your car. and maybe "toy" with some programming.

Quote:
The car is sold, I will have another in 3 weeks. I will be test driveing it with a stop watch/
and on that note...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #119
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Hey spike you closed it yeah!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #120
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
shhhhh...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.

Closed Thread