Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
It's really funny to see the armchair technicians throw out their over-simplified, personal-experience advice in this thread. As a former dealer tech, it's clear to me that DJ IS a dealer tech. Listen to him.

Diagnosing an intermittent issue is NOT black-and-white. It takes time to reproduce the issue and evaluate. OP, it's certainly a PITA, but please be patient with the dealer and give them time to solve the issue. There is certainly some little electrical gremlin that needs to be discovered and cured. After it's fixed, you'll likely have years of trouble-free enjoyment from this car.

Been there, done that. Good luck to you.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #30
SE6OV1A

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
It's really funny to see the armchair technicians throw out their over-simplified, personal-experience advice in this thread. As a former dealer tech, it's clear to me that DJ IS a dealer tech. Listen to him.

Diagnosing an intermittent issue is NOT black-and-white. It takes time to reproduce the issue and evaluate. OP, it's certainly a PITA, but please be patient with the dealer and give them time to solve the issue. There is certainly some little electrical gremlin that needs to be discovered and cured. After it's fixed, you'll likely have years of trouble-free enjoyment from this car.

Been there, done that. Good luck to you.
Couldn't agree more. I'm trying to be as patient as possible, I understand that cars as technologically advanced as ours aren't the easiest to diagnose especially when the issue doesn't happen all the time. I just miss my car, but pray that years from now I'll look back and laugh at how hectic that 1st month of ownership was. Good things come to those who wait right?
MODS: Magnuson TVS2650, LT4 injectors & HPFP, SMG Aux Pump, DSX FlexFuel Kit, Katech 103mm TB, RotoFab Big Gulp w/ aFe Pro Dry S filter, Speed Engineering Headers & Xpipe, Stainless Works mufflers, MSD Wires w/ DEI Sleeves sitting on HRE FlowForms. Built and Tuned by New Era Performance.
SE6OV1A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #31
SE6OV1A

Just got off the phone with the service manager who informed me that they will now be replacing the entire Fuse Block... I dunno if this is another case of throwing more parts at it or if they actually found something, he was very quick to get off the phone with me.

To be continued...
MODS: Magnuson TVS2650, LT4 injectors & HPFP, SMG Aux Pump, DSX FlexFuel Kit, Katech 103mm TB, RotoFab Big Gulp w/ aFe Pro Dry S filter, Speed Engineering Headers & Xpipe, Stainless Works mufflers, MSD Wires w/ DEI Sleeves sitting on HRE FlowForms. Built and Tuned by New Era Performance.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Strych9 it's glad to see someone understand where I'm coming from!

Ahh yes the fuse block, I totally left that out of my first post and figured they had checked it out or tested it when they replaced relays, it wouldn't be the first time I see a fuse block go bad internally on GM vehicle. I replaced quite a few on the 07-13 Silverado/Sierra trucks, Malibu and a few more models, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. GM is now using printed circuit board relays along with regular relays, PCBR's are integral to the UBEC, and when they fail, the whole UBEC needs replacing... Not saying that its the solution to your problem, but it's another possibility.

Who knows they might have figured it out.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #33
SE6OV1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_BigC View Post

Ahh yes the fuse block, I totally left that out of my first post and figured they had checked it out or tested it when they replaced relays, it wouldn't be the first time I see a fuse block go bad internally on GM vehicle. I replaced quite a few on the 07-13 Silverado/Sierra trucks, Malibu and a few more models, I just can't think of them off the top of my head. GM is now using printed circuit board relays along with regular relays, PCBR's are integral to the UBEC, and when they fail, the whole UBEC needs replacing... Not saying that its the solution to your problem, but it's another possibility.

God that's reassuring! Thanks for shedding a little more light on the situation. Hopefully that'll be it!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #34
SE6OV1A

UPDATE:

We are now 3 days post-fuse block replacement and so far so good!
Hope everyone is having an awesome Thanksgiving weekend with their loved ones.
Again, thanks for everyone's advice, especially yours DJ.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #35
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE6OV1A View Post
Took delivery 10/17/13 on my 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS. Within 2 weeks one morning it failed. Starter cranked but engine did not turn over. I shut it off, removed the key, reinserted and it started fine but gave me DTC code P1682. 1st trip to my local dealer proved to be a waste of time. After keeping my car for 3 days they couldn't get it to repeat the issue so nothing was done. Camaro was fine for a week but then it happened again. Brought it back to the dealer I purchased it at and they put me in a rental for 7 days while they replaced the ECM. On the same day I picked her up (11/19), I got home and it happened again!
Took her right back (46 mile round trip) and got back into the rental I had just returned
They replaced some relays and assured me it would not happen again.
Picked her up on 11/20 and last night (11/21) it happened again but worse. Failed to start last night at the gas station and then once more after dinner. Once it fired up it had a really rough idle so I shut it off and I got a Stabillitrack warning on the center screen. Called OnStar, got code C0242 (failure of ABS & Traction Control) in addition to the P1682 Reduced Engine Power.
I am going nuts. And will be taking her back for the 4th time!
THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
4 times for the same problem qualifies it as a LEMON. Pretty sure under the Lemon Law you qualify for a new replacement.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
In California, to be considered a vehicle for lemon law consideration, the same issue must occur at least 4 times, with a loss of use totaling 30 days or more from that issue.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #37
SE6OV1A

Well... she lasted 12 days. Almost the exact same circumstances as the last time. Right after filling up after work, starter cranked, no start. 2nd attempt no starter. 3rd attempt started with rough idle. 4th attempt no starter. Sat at the pump for around 15mins before I got her to run smoothly.

Here's the kicker... got about 4 blocks, while making a left turn, half way through the intersection, she shut off. Lost power steering, lost engine power. Had to coast and muscle the wheel over to complete the turn and then just sat there in the lane with my hazards while I attempted to start her back up. Got her running and thankfully made it home in one piece.

Will be calling GM in the morning and heading back to the dealer...
Old 12-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #38
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Wow! I'm sorry to hear about all of your trouble on a brand new car!
I don't know if I'd keep going back to that same dealer they are clearly doing this to you . You need to call GM corporate and give them hell for all of your trouble. Demand no less and speak to the highest manager possible. And if that does not work, look into the CA lemon law and see if you fit the criteria for vehicle replacement. Mention how many times you've been back and how many things they've replaced.
Good luck! I really hope you can get some satisfaction soon and enjoy it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE6OV1A View Post
Well... she lasted 12 days. Almost the exact same circumstances as the last time. Right after filling up after work, starter cranked, no start. 2nd attempt no starter. 3rd attempt started with rough idle. 4th attempt no starter. Sat at the pump for around 15mins before I got her to run smoothly.

Here's the kicker... got about 4 blocks, while making a left turn, half way through the intersection, she shut off. Lost power steering, lost engine power. Had to coast and muscle the wheel over to complete the turn and then just sat there in the lane with my hazards while I attempted to start her back up. Got her running and thankfully made it home in one piece.

Will be calling GM in the morning and heading back to the dealer...
Old 04-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #39
jankins365

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Similar issues, please advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_BigC View Post

I did not see a resolution to this issue here. Please advise. I have 2014 Camaro RS V6 Automatic. Stabilitrak Christmas tree, codes are P2138, U0121, and C0242. Admittedly, the vehicle was in a front end collision prior to me purchasing. Had gas pedal replaced already because they used junk yard pedal. Car was fine for 2 mo ths after purchasing, then issue began. DJ...any thoughts???
jankins365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #40
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankins365 View Post
I did not see a resolution to this issue here. Please advise. I have 2014 Camaro RS V6 Automatic. Stabilitrak Christmas tree, codes are P2138, U0121, and C0242. Admittedly, the vehicle was in a front end collision prior to me purchasing. Had gas pedal replaced already because they used junk yard pedal. Car was fine for 2 mo ths after purchasing, then issue began. DJ...any thoughts???
That's why they put that piece of paper on the vehicle saying you're buying the vehicle as is. Unless the dealer had a warranty for the car you purchased I don't see you getting them to fix it.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:44 PM   #41
jankins365

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
That's why they put that piece of paper on the vehicle saying you're buying the vehicle as is. Unless the dealer had a warranty for the car you purchased I don't see you getting them to fix it.
Thank you,but that has nothing to do with the question asked. By the by, I did in fact purchase the extended warranty. And they are happy to cover the repairs. I just have no faith in most mechanics and was looking for a 2nd opinion in order to help expedite the proper repair of my vehicle.
jankins365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, c0242, issues, p1682, problems