Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
rrang

Drives: 2011 V6 Camaro LT 1 RS
Exclamation LIMP MODE

So here is the deal, my car is entering limp mode whenever I try to get past 4500 rpms. The 4 codes my reader gives me are:

P018B - Fuel Pressure sensor
P0121 - The rest are different throttle position sensors and the like
P0221
P2101

When the car enters limp mode the CEL. stabilitrac, and traction control lights come on and the car will not accelerate or maintain speed. Once stopped it idles very rough, almost as if misfire, but there are no misfire codes. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I am going to try simply replacing the Fuel pressure sensor and clean the throttle body as I have read that carbon build up could be the cause of the throttle position sensor. I hope this solves my problem but I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue.
rrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #2
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
P0121 I had this a few years ago that was fixed under warranty. It was a bad sensor on the gas pedal. 2 bolts hold the pedal down and then a plug in harness. Its 15 min fix. Not sure about the other codes.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The carbon is on the intake valves, and needs a manual cleaning. Search here for a few threads on how to do it step by step....do NOT use a seafoam or similar as that causes damage when these hard particles are broken loose with engine running!!!

Then, even though the codes don't say MAF, that is a common series of codes for the MAF sensor failing except the fuel pressure code. That could be pressure sensor, but all of that is part of the HPDI pump. And when these pumps fail (rarely) it is usually the seals fail and it pumps raw fuel directly into the cylinder end and crankcase diluting the oil. So pull the dipstick and smell for strong gas smell.

Good luck!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, cel, control, limp mode, traction