Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #281
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
CAMARO MONGOOSE EDITION That'll get those Cobra guys' attention

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #282
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
CAMARO MONGOOSE EDITION That'll get those Cobra guys' attention
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #283
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Maybe they should call this GT500 fighter the Panther Performance Camaro ZL-1 or something along those lines. I think it would be kool to have a Panther emblem on the Bow Tie & on the back of the car like where the SS & RS emblems are right now. I think another manufacturer has the rights to the ZL-1 name right now if im not mistaken though.
Quote:
Yeah they should call this the Panther Performance Camaro and have a panther emblem on the front grill where the SS & RS emblems go & on the back of the car. This along with the more agressive hood & body would make it stand out more than an SS.

Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #284
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Whats that about?? what else should they call it??? LOL
Blue Maro Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #285
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclwisconsin View Post
Based on simply reading magazines like Motor Trend, Autoweek etc it appears IMHO I agree with some posters that with suspension it appears to be a CTS-V version muscle car. My question is wouldn't that likely make it to MSRP in the 55,000-60,000 range? (esp if an automatic version is an option). Seems like 45,000-50,000 seems low...
Bingo, that seems to be the general concensus on the price range 55K or so.....
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #286
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
So what's a '12 Z28/RS/45th anniversary gonna cost?
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #287
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Maybe they should call this GT500 fighter the Panther Performance Camaro ZL-1 or something along those lines. I think it would be kool to have a Panther emblem on the Bow Tie & on the back of the car like where the SS & RS emblems are right now. I think another manufacturer has the rights to the ZL-1 name right now if im not mistaken though.
Yes...SLP
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #288
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Z/28 was available as a 67'
Who said they weren't? Yes RPO Z-28 was available in '67 and 602 were built. The point was it was just and RPO code until early/mid '68 when it was decided to officially give it the Z/28 name from the RPO code and they started putting Z/28 emblems on the cars.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #289
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaSSt View Post
So did you read his posts in this thread?
Yep, I did read his (Fbodfather's) posts, and they are very good at confirming nothing while suggesting everything.

I am waiting for a black and white official statement from GM. Not saying all of this stuff isn't true, just saying I am sick of this cat and mouse game and won't get excited about something that is a year away at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #290
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
This reminds me of a great Shakespeare line, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."

regardless what it is called It will be a beast of a machine, a hell of a ride, Mustang Dominator, and I can't wait for it to become a convertible
Hi Eric, you might find this interesting. I have been sooo excited about this HPE information to the point that I couldn't contain myself any longer. I ran over to to my closest Chevy dealer this morning and had a heart to heart chat with a seasoned salesman. I told him about the info disseminated at the National Chevy Dealers meeting that Becky gave us yesterday. I did not discuss the venue or the sources and remained vague about same and assured him it was from the horse's mouth. I told him of all the details as presented to us here. He was surprised and unaware of any news or word from GM about the new options and/or HPE model for the 2012 Camaro. He said the following:He has a contact person in corporate from GM and he will see what he could find out. Chevy does plan on model production based to a degree on the consumers queries and intent to buy prior to production. Camaro inquries and promises to purchase the 2010 model ahead of the order taking date were huge. Only 20,000 units of the convertible will be made based on these projections. I told him I wanted to be in on the ground floor with the dealership and sit down with them and order a HPE when it becomes ready for ordering in case it is a dealer allotment initial order. As in the past this will probably be the case. I gave him all my information, he wrote it up, and I will check back later on. No list, deposit or promise other than he will work with me to get one. I hope GM is ramping up production for 6.2L S/C engines...heh..heh...!!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #291
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Yep, I did read his (Fbodfather's) posts, and they are very good at confirming nothing while suggesting everything.

I am waiting for a black and white official statement from GM. Not saying all of this stuff isn't true, just saying I am sick of this cat and mouse game and won't get excited about something that is a year away at least.
.....old quotation...."He who hesitates is lost", another one:....."the early bird gets the worm", one more:..."you snooze, you lose". I for one know good info when I see it and am not waiting for anything. I am doing my best to be on the initial order. This HPE is happening and will up for order by this fall. The car will be out there for all of us to see soon.....real soon. It's all marketing. Not cat and mouse. It's very interesting being the potential consumer and watching this all unfold before our eyes. The leaks, the testing, the staged spy photo's....worst kept "secret" stuff...yadda yadda yadda. It's fun, it's intriguing, it's part truth, part theater, part rumor. It's reality TV. I love it. It's kinda like going on that long road vacation trip in the car. The drama, the anticipation of the fun ahead, the wonder of it all. Sometimes the journey getting there is more fun than the actual destination. Thanks Chevy and all those who have made this coming 2012 production model. A special thanks to Becky and FBodfather. Buckle your seat belts folks.......
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #292
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I'm not really snoozing or losing when you can't even officially order the car yet. My sales manager knows I want one and will call me when the time comes.

When we were all waiting for the 2010 to first come out, news changed on a weekly basis. (Not the real headlights, the ABL controversy, What does CGM look like on a production car, why is summit white gonna take till summer) And even lately with the convertible: There was so much uproar over how ugly the whip antenna was that the modified the spoiler to hide it in there.

All I am saying is I have been to this dance a few times now and am not going to get worked up over anything until it has the GM letterhead on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #293
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Whats that about?? what else should they call it??? LOL

Something besides the Panther Performance Camaro (or any other cheesy animal name)? We don't need an animal name to compete with the snake, especially with a picture of a panther in the bowtie.

To each their own I guess, but I'd guess it'll be called a Z something or another if it doesn't get the Z/28 nameplate.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #294
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Something besides the Panther Performance Camaro (or any other cheesy animal name)? We don't need an animal name to compete with the snake, especially with a picture of a panther in the bowtie.

To each their own I guess, but I'd guess it'll be called a Z something or another if it doesn't get the Z/28 nameplate.
What about an image of a Cobra, wrapped around a Mongoose, that has the head of the snake in it's mouth, pulling it's head off it's body?... okay - that's not a good idea, but I like the image in my head

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums