Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #57
camaro104

Drives: 2017 Nightfall 50th Annivers Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
scoche has an firmware update, maybe this will work??????

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2256
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #58
scnhra

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS White
Send a message via ICQ to scnhra
Did the update make a diffrence? Anyword?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #59
camaro104

I have the Alpine set up and I did the update, not sure what it suppose to fix but I'll find out tomorrow when I park the car and use the remote as i walk to work to see if the distance works better......
The only thing I dont like about it is now when i start the car the splash use to say "Alpine" now it says "Scosche"
Old 10-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #60
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
scoche has an firmware update, maybe this will work??????

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/product/2256
Let me talk with Scosche and see what this update does. There isn't any date associated with this, so it is hard to tell.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #61
camaro104

Ok big different, don't know if it was the firmware update or what I did. I install a ground wire from the radio black harness to chassis. My remote was working from about 30 feet to about 60 feet, double the distance which I'm happy with that. Again don't know if it was the firmware update or the ground wire, I suggest we all should at least try it.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #62
scnhra

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS White
Send a message via ICQ to scnhra
Actually if you open the files they are dated 02/02/12. Not sure if that is correct but if so this is the same firware update that has been out for a while.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #63
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
I just heard back from Scosche. They said:
The firmware update on the site is not for the issues that you are encountering they are for the earlier ones we had with some head units for steering wheel controls.
Back to the drawing board....
Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #64
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I just heard back from Scosche. They said:
The firmware update on the site is not for the issues that you are encountering they are for the earlier ones we had with some head units for steering wheel controls.
Back to the drawing board....
Try the ground wire. Camaro104 did my install and added the ground wire to my car as he has mentioned in his post above. We walked to our cars on saturday after work and I was able to open my doors from around 150 feet away. He was able to do it a few steps closer. Definitely far enough for sure.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #65
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
Ok big different, don't know if it was the firmware update or what I did. I install a ground wire from the radio black harness to chassis. My remote was working from about 30 feet to about 60 feet, double the distance which I'm happy with that. Again don't know if it was the firmware update or the ground wire, I suggest we all should at least try it.

So if it wasnt the update Im guessing it was the ground wire....has anyone tried the groundwire as well? Im curious as this issue has been partially why Ive been holding off on doing a double din upgrade....If the ground wire fixes the issue ill just do it on install.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #66
lcrngrs

Did you read the post above yours? Since he Did both and just the ground for me that may be the answer. Or, just a coincidence.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #67
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrngrs View Post
Did you read the post above yours? Since he Did both and just the ground for me that may be the answer. Or, just a coincidence.
I did, and then the company says the upgrade would not fix the issue, but I didnt see where anyone else did just the ground wire so it wasnt irrifutable proof.....one person doing it isnt a good proof model either...who knows if he moved something else without knowing it while running the ground wire.....
Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #68
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I did, and then the company says the upgrade would not fix the issue, but I didnt see where anyone else did just the ground wire so it wasnt irrifutable proof.....one person doing it isnt a good proof model either...who knows if he moved something else without knowing it while running the ground wire.....
True. I can't tell you if it made a proof positive difference. What I can tell you is that his remote worked from about 5 feet before the ground and mine worked from about 15-20 feet before. Now, it works well over 100 feet for the both of us. Maybe he moved the same thing both times while installing the ground.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #69
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrngrs View Post
True. I can't tell you if it made a proof positive difference. What I can tell you is that his remote worked from about 5 feet before the ground and mine worked from about 15-20 feet before. Now, it works well over 100 feet for the both of us. Maybe he moved the same thing both times while installing the ground.
Ahhh I was not aware that you also had done it already..I misread that...so two having the same effect does lead towards a conclusion on this then, thx
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #70
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Ahhh I was not aware that you also had done it already..I misread that...so two having the same effect does lead towards a conclusion on this then, thx
No problem. I just hope this is the solution.