Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: So why are you on Camaro5??
I am a loyal Camaroist 226 79.58%
I am a Loyal Mustangist looking to defend my ride 2 0.70%
I am switching over to the Camaro from the Mustang 26 9.15%
I just join any and all car forums! 30 10.56%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #43
Redline2k5

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue on the way!
fdjizm, i love your sig, hahahaha
On order:
2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue
Redline2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #44
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Why the hate against mustang guys, there HP loving pony car driving American car supporting people so WTF stop being so lame!! CAMARO, MUSTANG, CHALLY that's what it's all about!! God Bless them all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkibisky View Post
... I love all of the "pony" cars... Camaro (future 2LT/RS owner), Mustang, Challenger... I currently own a Mustang, and love it, but I also love the Camaro and am l looking forward to the day when I have both in my driveway. Now lets all hope that GM, Ford and Chrysler have a future ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
Frankly, I like Mustangs, if the Camaro wasn't right around the corner, i'd be down at my local Ford dealer. I don't much care for Japanese or European Cars and would be more than happy joining you in denouncing the owners of such. But seriously, I really don't care what someone drives, I like the looks of American Muscle Cars even if they're not built in America anymore. I thought I had missed the Muscle Car Era back in the sixties, but its here again and better than ever! I say let the Mustang owners join in the celebration here, who cares if they're hating on the new KR.

I wanted a new Camaro, but then they were sadly discontinued in 2002 :(

So I was going to get the new Mustang. I liked the look and sound of it.

But then the new Camaro was unveiled... and WOW. Must have!

Challenger came along, and it was quite attractive and would distract me for a short time... but then when I'd look at another pic of the Camaro, I'd say "oh yeah, that's right "

But of the 3, I think the Camaro has by far the best exterior look to them (which is the first thing everyone sees), so that's my final choice. Everything else is just a bonus to me.

But do I hate the Mustang or Challenger? Of course not. But it's all just a matter of personal taste. So why all the hate, guys?
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #45
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
It i amazing to me how many Mustang guys are on here, defending the mustang at every turn. They even have Mustangs in their signatures! First I am curious of how many have no loyalty to a brand and are changing over to the Camaro. And how many are here to just start trouble and defend the Mustang. I lived through the 70's and 80's when that was a truly tough rivalry......I have seen bets and fights.

So what is the reason...Vote above
A lot of them are car enthusiasts who happen to own mustangs, and are therefor knowledgeable with them. So, when a Camaro enthusiast starts a discussion involving the Mustang, they feel obliged to explain their side of things. If their cars weren't being attacked, they would not feel the need to defend it.

Why are Mustangs allowed in people sigs? Well its not offensive in any way, so why shouldn't it be allowed?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #46
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
A lot of them are car enthusiasts who happen to own mustangs, and are therefor knowledgeable with them. So, when a Camaro enthusiast starts a discussion involving the Mustang, they feel obliged to explain their side of things. If their cars weren't being attacked, they would not feel the need to defend it.

Why are Mustangs allowed in people sigs? Well its not offensive in any way, so why shouldn't it be allowed?
cus *enter things that you told me im not supposed to say to people who bitch about stuff like this*

thats why.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #47
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
I have rented and owned all kinds of cars over the years.

Using my 2002 Trans Am as a base, here's how I compare each of these cars to my T/A:

2002 Trans Am: Love it. Fast, feels good, sexy, feels safe, good on gas despite being a V8.

2006 Mustang V6 Rentals (2 of them): Underpowered, felt smaller than it should (I'm 6'3". Nice brakes, nice steering. Kind of boring to look at.

2006 Nissan Murano (Owner): I like it! 4 Wheel drive kicks ass in Canadian Winters. Very comfy ride, quiet. I feel a very solid connection to the road. Nice styling too. Only downside: It sucks gas. The V6 Murano gets 12 City miles to the galon. Bah!

2005 Pontiac Vibe (Wife's car). Smaller than I am used to. It's too light and has really poor stopping ability in snow. Not fast. However, interior is stylish, steering feels great, and after 80,000k it has yet to need any real service except tires and oil. The thing never breaks! Oh and it sips gasoline like the proper English sip tea.

Dodge (various): All suck. Other fords: Bah! Toyota's: All BORING.

Mitsubishi Eclipse: The dealer was a complete ass so I walked out before I even tried it (which was a shame for him because I was ready to buy one back in 2005).
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #48
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
cus *enter things that you told me im not supposed to say to people who bitch about stuff like this*

thats why.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #49
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Maybe we should ALL go over to the Mustang site and Post Camaro pics and have Camaro signatures!
Forum invasions are fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
thanks thought i destroyed the world and was banned forever
Welcome. Having a sense of humor: Priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Mitsubishi Eclipse: The dealer was a complete ass so I walked out before I even tried it (which was a shame for him because I was ready to buy one back in 2005).
My best friend had one for a long time. The Eclipse is a great little economy car but it's not for someone like you with your preferences. I was surprised by how well it worked out for him, I didn't have any faith in Mitsubishis.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #50
CurtG

Drives: 350z
I have just recently started to love cars (last 2-3 years). I am currently driving a 350z which I love and have test drove the New Mustangs and Challengers and were very disappointed. I don't have any specific loyalty but I love the look of the new Camaro and can't wait to take one for a spin to see how it handles.

I am by no means an expert on anything. I am mostly here to read and maybe, just maybe learn something.
CurtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #51
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I'm a fan of anything that has as a V8
Old 04-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #52
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I respect all American muscle.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #53
tally114

Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp, M2W
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I respect all American muscle.
I really enjoy ALL cars but especially American
tally114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #54
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Alot of them like all pony cars. Believe it or not the days of being devoted to one brand/car/line are ending.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #55
GM-REX

Drives: '02 Z28
I love all American muscle. Sometimes I wish I had grown up in the 1960's to see more of the famous cars that we can only dream about being brought back today. That said I am strictly GM. Dad worked for GM for 41 years, he's been retired for 3 years now. GM has done well for us. Has helped support my family in many ways. I will support them to the day I die or they do. I also love brand loyalists here in the states. It's always fun for me to sit back and watch and sometimes get involved in the trash talk between the Ford, GM, and Chrysler guys. If it wasn't for that competition these cars wouldn't be half of what they are, or may not even exist.

Long live American muscle and the trash talk that goes with it!!!

-Rex
GM-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #56
ls1_beast

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Its fun when there is competition.But its even more fun when you know your camaro is faster.
ls1_beast is offline   Reply With Quote