Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #71
Skizioli

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
Blackout this is a great discovery, set up a meet with my tuner who uses EFiLive, to see if we can work out something similar, if not, I might end up switching to HP tuners. I would like to see a little more on the tune and possibly see your dyno results before I make this step. Great work on what you have already accomplished though.

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Myself with HP Tuners
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30R20) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can
-Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Skizioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #72
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizioli View Post
Blackout this is a great discovery, set up a meet with my tuner who uses EFiLive, to see if we can work out something similar, if not, I might end up switching to HP tuners. I would like to see a little more on the tune and possibly see your dyno results before I make this step. Great work on what you have already accomplished though.
The op in the thread below used the transmission settings in this thread and MATT@FSP tuned in hp tuners.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346872
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #73
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
I finally updated the 2LS sticky with this information.

Nice work, BlackoutLFX. Your willingness to pursue this has resulted in information that can be a real game-changer for other 2LS owners.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #74
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
I finally updated the 2LS sticky with this information.

Nice work, BlackoutLFX. Your willingness to pursue this has resulted in information that can be a real game-changer for other 2LS owners.
Thank you, Kind Sir.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #75
ym2434

Drives: 2014 BRM Camaro LS A6
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm sort of new to the whole tuning deal. I was just wondering if I could use the HP tuners software with another handheld, or if I could directly connect my computer to my car and make these changes. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but as I said I am new to tuning and would like to save the $500 on the handheld device...
And also, I was wondering how the car dealers would know if you mod the computer settings?

Sorry for being an amateur, but BlackoutLFX if you're there please help!!

Last edited by ym2434; 03-13-2015 at 08:10 AM.
ym2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #76
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ym2434 View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm sort of new to the whole tuning deal. I was just wondering if I could use the HP tuners software with another handheld, or if I could directly connect my computer to my car and make these changes. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but as I said I am new to tuning and would like to save the $500 on the handheld device...
And also, I was wondering how the car dealers would know if you mod the computer settings?

Sorry for being an amateur, but BlackoutLFX if you're there please help!!
Can't answer the questions about how to tune, but I can tell you the dealer's can see if the ECU has been flashed (part of the tuning process). If you choose to do this, you should do it knowing you're probably kissing your powertrain warranty goodbye.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 03-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #77
ym2434

Quote:
Can't answer the questions about how to tune, but I can tell you the dealer's can see if the ECU has been flashed (part of the tuning process). If you choose to do this, you should do it knowing you're probably kissing your powertrain warranty goodbye.
How would the dealer find out about the ECU flash though? Do they get notified wirelessly, or is it that the next time I go to get my oil changed or something they would see it?
Old 03-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #78
911medic

Quote:
How would the dealer find out about the ECU flash though? Do they get notified wirelessly, or is it that the next time I go to get my oil changed or something they would see it?
They have the capability to hook your car up and scan it with their computer. Not wirelessly.

They probably wouldn't routinely scan it for any trip in, but if you come in with a problem that would require powertrain warranty work, they will in all likelihood scan it and check to see if the ECU has been flashed. If so, any warranty on the powertrain will most likely be void, and you will have to foot the bill.

Does this happen 100% of the time? No. But it's not even the dealers themselves that get to make the decision, as I understand it. GM makes the dealers verify the info before approving the warranty claim.

If you want to play, be prepared to pay, is the bottom line.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #79
ym2434

Quote:
They have the capability to hook your car up and scan it with their computer. Not wirelessly.

They probably wouldn't routinely scan it for any trip in, but if you come in with a problem that would require powertrain warranty work, they will in all likelihood scan it and check to see if the ECU has been flashed. If so, any warranty on the powertrain will most likely be void, and you will have to foot the bill.

Does this happen 100% of the time? No. But it's not even the dealers themselves that get to make the decision, as I understand it. GM makes the dealers verify the info before approving the warranty claim.

If you want to play, be prepared to pay, is the bottom line.
thanks for helping a newbie out, really appreciate it man. Also, if anyone else can answer my question on whether I can make the computer mods directly from my laptop or if I have to get the HP TUNERS handheld device?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited by ym2434; 03-29-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #80
Skizioli

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
Quote:
thanks for helping a newbie out, really appreciate it man. Also, if anyone else can answer my question on whether I can make the computer mods directly from my laptop or if I have to get the HP TUNERS handheld device?? PLEASE HELP!!!

You either need the handheld to interface with the computer, or you can use someone else's and pay them for the credits to tune your car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Myself with HP Tuners
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30R20) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can
-Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Skizioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #81
SlickP

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Has anyone done this mod on 2013 what's the results and what tuner was used and version?
SlickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #82
ym2434

Putting stock ZL1 auto trans tune in a 2LS

The ZL1 has had the new and faster shift algorithm since 2012, and I was able to acquire the stock ZL1 automatic tune for HP tuners. I was wondering if this tune could be applied on my 2LS to make the gear shifts quicker?
Old 09-10-2016, 05:42 AM   #83
Kyle1228

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Summit White
Any updates on this? Anyone else do it yet

MODS: CAI intake, Pypes exhaust, Ferrada FR4, Overkill Tune
Kyle1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #84
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Interested as well. Have not decided which route to go with a tune for my 2LS. Definitely want to get Sport Mode / Full Manual enabled.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote