Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #15
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
6th gen might be faster than the 5th gen 1LE, and although unlikely, it might even have a better grip. However, I really don't think it will feel as sharp and as balanced at the limit.

To me, the whole purpose of the 1LE is it's finely balanced handling, the very feature that is simply dangerous for general public, since it can get you in trouble if you don't know what you are doing. I really don't think they will tune the base SS in the same manner, because most people who by the base SS do not know how to keep such a car under control.

I really don't intend to offend anyone who has a base SS here, but let's face it, if you did your homework before buying a base SS, you are not one of those people who's dreaming of taking corners at the limit with "just the right amount of rotation" from your tail, with the ability to finely control your yaw angle using weight transfer (and no, power drifts do not count. )

Edit: and I also agree that the 6th gen just does not look as good.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #16
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
My brother in law has a ATS, all wheel drive, performance package (NOT a V), 2.0L turbo. This car, w/o MRC (AWD has no MRC) is an absolute joy to drive. The steering is much, much more engaging than my 1LE. I can only imagine what an ATS-V drives like. Based on my observations, the Alpha based 6TH Gen will be wonderful.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #17
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Just came from reveal. Couple thoughts. GM did an amazing job with the reveal today; the parade laps in our cars, the insane Z28 laps with pro drivers, the food, the amazing cars like the first ever Camaro, the silver and orange gen5 concepts, the race cars, just an awesome event. However, the gen6 itself may need to grow on me a bit, just not love at first sight like the gen5. The interior materials are top notch, almost make our interiors look like a 3rd gen. Once I got over the feel of materials though, one word came to mind, soft, as in the whole car has gone soft. I felt as if it lost its edge, that bad a$$ attitude that our 5th gens posess. I tried very hard to love it, just can't though. Maybe i sat in the gen6 too soon after my insane hotlap in the Z28, maybe i'm too much of a lowbrow to appreciate the new softer interior, but i found myself just not caring that much about the 6, i'd rather sneak back to the harsh interior of the z28 and go for another kicka$$ hotlap. As i got in my 1LE after the event, i realized that although I owned and enjoyed bmws and cts', the reason i sold those and bought my 1LE is because I could care less about my seat being only heated, as opposed to heated and cooled in the bmw and cts. I bought the 1LE for its crude, brute feel, its quarks and its ability to put a stupid, childish grin on my face every time i start it. Not a fan of the 6 today, but maybe it will grow on me.

Last edited by LT1Zob; 05-16-2015 at 10:00 PM.
LT1Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #18
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
The pics of the interior do look amazing. I was a little envious last night. Not really feeling the body, but it is early. I need to see it in a different color and with different rims.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #19
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
You guys do know its 30!!!! Mm lower than our 5th gens. Car is amazing and GM knocked it out the park with this. I cant wait to see the real numbers and how it performs. Interior is really cool and very modern. The exterior is original and unique, I love it.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #20
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
You guys do know its 30!!!! Mm lower than our 5th gens. Car is amazing and GM knocked it out the park with this. I cant wait to see the real numbers and how it performs. Interior is really cool and very modern. The exterior is original and unique, I love it.
Good to see ya , Bud. GM is sure doing an outstanding job.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #21
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
"all i can tell you is the new 2016 Camaro SS is already posting better lap times than the 2015 Camaro 1LE."

that's a quote we all read.
and all done on 4 season tires! -narrower too- the rear suspension is a new design.. i really hope for
a new 1LE, that will do much better in performance and handling than the base SS.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #22
Mongojoe

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE NPP, NAV, Recaros
If Chevy offers a 1LE variant for the 6th Gen, wonder how they will add improved performance? Maybe goose a little more power out of it? Ditch the Mag Ride of the SS for something like the Z/28 set-up?

Let's hope it is more than just black wheels and hood wrap, in any event.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #23
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
30mm? As in 3cm? That's not even noticeable!
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #24
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
looks like the new 2016 Ss will be lighter, more powerful , and handle better than a 1LE.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...93564037,d.eXY
I read there statement it said it would handle almost as well as the current 1LE. Almost is not the same nor does it mean better.

But if it does drive better as an SS, then will be no need for a 1LE package. Which means us 2013-15 guys can all say KUH-CHING!!! $$$
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #25
Sidecardog1

Drives: 2015 2SS, 1LE, Dual Mode, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
I read there statement it said it would handle almost as well as the current 1LE. Almost is not the same nor does it mean better.

But if it does drive better as an SS, then will be no need for a 1LE package. Which means us 2013-15 guys can all say KUH-CHING!!! $$$
Ditto the above, it appears in the information that was released. There could be some errors in the information that was put out in their rush. Time will tell what the case is.
Sidecardog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #26
1 Long onE

Drives: White 1le 2SS RS NPP
Quote:
It is lower and but also shorter and the rear end looks taller. Maybe it would look better in person, Gzobian saw it in person and feels the same way I do but maybe it'll grow on me.

About the tire size, I feel the Alpha chassis won't allow the 305/35/20 size tires, maybe it will fit but the ATS V got wider fenders just to fit 18x9.5 in the rear. I doubt any new gen6 model with will come super wide wheels from the factory anymore. If you look at the Gen 6 SS pictures, you see the wheel wells are filled completely with 245/40/20 wheels and it is flush with the fender which is a good thing. The wider wheels will probably be available on the performance models but won't go wide like the Gen5.
1 Long onE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #27
Pushrod Pete

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post

according to their press release info, the 2016 SS outruns the 1LE on the track:

Quote:
With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation’s track-focused Camaro 1LE package.
Pushrod Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:13 PM   #28
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
according to their press release info, the 2016 SS outruns the 1LE on the track:
They put the start/finish line on the straight for a reason..30 H.P. is quite a bit more and it could be only 1/100th quicker a lap. They certainly aren't going to tell you it's slower. Lets' see what it pulls lateral G wise. Beyond that I'll give up the 30 for a better looking car- since i'm going to the grocery store more than qualifying for a race in my street car.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote