Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #687
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
That's great that you are able to salvage most of the fabbed parts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Definitely a good thing, I spent a bit of time straightening them but no where near as much as it would be starting from scratch. I still have to strip them then powdercoat them again but that will be done in a day or two. Wish I had the facia so I could start cutting the scoop openings, that was time consuming the first time but I can make templates from the crashed one which will save lots if time as well.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:34 AM   #688
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
There are 4 vacuum ports on the bottom rear of the intake. (1) 1/4 npt and (3) 1/8 npt. I used the existing hose to the booster for now and for the MAP I plugged it into a hose from one of the vacuum ports until I have time to change around some wiring. I will be moving the evap and map to the rear of the motor as well as routing the wiring from the back forward but for now this works.

What size adapter did you use for your brake booster 1/4 NPT 90 degree with a 3/8th barb or a 1/2 barb?
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #689
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bildo View Post
What size adapter did you use for your brake booster 1/4 NPT 90 degree with a 3/8th barb or a 1/2 barb?
I had a couple of different set ups, I was running a vacuum tank before a few changes to the cam. Back on pgs 17 -26 and maybe a few before or after that I took detailed pictures.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #690
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hey George
Sorry to hear about your luck and hope you can get going on the repairs. I know it sucks to be without the car when we have such a short summer. I know exactly how you feel, 2 years ago I got tagged in a parking lot when I was inside shopping and of course there was no note left. Then to top it off 2days before it was to go in to the bodyshop another person backed into my drivers door. Needless to say I lost it for about 3 weeks which really sucked. It just doesn't matter any more how careful you drive, odds are you will run into these distracted drivers every day and it's out of your control. We won't be safe until they finally come out with cars that jam cellphone signals and it won't upset me one bit!
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #691
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Hey George
Sorry to hear about your luck and hope you can get going on the repairs. I know it sucks to be without the car when we have such a short summer. I know exactly how you feel, 2 years ago I got tagged in a parking lot when I was inside shopping and of course there was no note left. Then to top it off 2days before it was to go in to the bodyshop another person backed into my drivers door. Needless to say I lost it for about 3 weeks which really sucked. It just doesn't matter any more how careful you drive, odds are you will run into these distracted drivers every day and it's out of your control. We won't be safe until they finally come out with cars that jam cellphone signals and it won't upset me one bit!
Thanks, man. There's a good chance he was texting or playing with his phone.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #692
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Phone records would prove it.

Hated hearing about this, all that hard, amazing work you did...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #693
CFD

I am more pissed right now than anyone can imagine. My insurance company is trying to screw me in looking at everyway possible to deny me coverage even though this is clearly not my fault. They are claiming that my insurance application is fraudulent in that they still have my old address in foxxborough somewhere in the policy. When I moved back here 2 years ago I changed addresses on my drivers license, insurance, registration and every place required. Mu excise tax bills get sent here, my license has this as my residence, my insurance bills get sent here yet somewhere in my policy someone on their part did not change principal place of garaging. They have had 2 previous claims when people hit me and this was never brought up. Then they are stating that I committed fraud on my insurance application because I listed my car as a passenger vehicle, they are claiming it's for business use not a personal vehicle because on rare occasions I may give a customer a lift if I'm heading out and it's on my way or that because I occasionally use it to go to the auto parts store for business purposes. This is total bull shit and they know it. They are supposed o give me a final determination this week, if they decline coverage the next conversation they have will be with an attorney.

Meanwhile, I fitted the scoops to the new facia and I am powdercoating them right now.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #694
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Phone records would prove it.

Hated hearing about this, all that hard, amazing work you did...

-Don
Yes but the police should have looked at his phone, I have no right to, besides they could care less.

I'm to the point where if they fight this I'm cancelling my insurance, having it towed back here and then I'm going to go crazy on it. perhaps, live axle, tubed who knows what else. I'm not going through all this just to be back where I was.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #695
CFD

Insurance companies SUCK. That's all for now.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #696
CFD

Finally got a break. Insurance co. called today and finally ok'd the repairs to my car. The reason everything was screwed up was not a question of fault, the video's took care of that. The issue was principal location of garaging and business use. My Insurance agent stepped up and admitted they copied my old insurance policy and updated the new address but overlooked the garaging issue and usage.

After getting the phone call I immediately took the new facia and scoops to my buddies body shop, as soon as the adjuster documents everything he's going to tear into it. I still have a bit of a fight left because of all the custom parts and work that has been done and putting a value on it. If they went by hours spent on labor, fabrication and machine work I could buy another car . lol.

Who knows, I may even get to drive it again this summer.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #697
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Well it's something...

Old 06-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #698
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Well it's something...

I'm thrilled, with all the statements I gave and meetings with two investigators I though I was going to be screwed but it worked out.

I haven't been very pleasant to be around lately and I haven't slept much as I was so pissed off but I think things will get better from here.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #699
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I'm thrilled, with all the statements I gave and meetings with two investigators I though I was going to be screwed but it worked out.

I haven't been very pleasant to be around lately and I haven't slept much as I was so pissed off but I think things will get better from here.
That's always good. Hope it gets better from here.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #700
CFD

I found this humorous, just received this email from the dealership I bought my car from, they wouldn't have a clue what to do to it. lol

BOCH CHEVROLET <MDASCHKE@BOCH.COM> George , Here at Boch Chevrolet , we would like to invite you back to benefit from our Express Service. Come see the difference and why we are so excited to introduce our Express Service here at Boch Chevrolet. Your 2010 Camaro is due for Service VIN:2G1FK1EJ8A920052405 Boch Chevrolet Service 381 Providence Hwy Norwood, MA www.bochchevrolet.com MAP Monday - Friday from 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM Saturday - 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Call us today (844) 464 3561 If you do not wish to receive electronic messages from Boch Chev
To geecee50@yahoo.com