Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
StentS 45th AE LS3

Let The Games Begin.....

I ordered BMR trailing arms and toe rods, cradle and diff bushings, upper control arm bushings and outer trailing arm bushings, Hurst Billet Short Throw, 4 Race Ramps Wheel Cribs 12", 4 24" 6 ton Jack Stands, 24 volt cordless 1/2" impact wrench with deep wall sae and metric impact sockets, lb ft and inch lb torque wrenches, high lift low profile floor jack and Flowmaster outlaw cat back exhaust today from Summit.
I also ordered an SCT tuner with tunes, V-Max ported throttle body and a CAI from JRE.
I also ordered Kooks 1 7/8 ceramic coated headers with high flow cats from Maryland Speed.
Looks like I will be real busy for a while. Lots of pics when everything arrives and during the installation of it all.

Last edited by StentS; 04-23-2012 at 11:34 AM.
StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
What didn't you order... Lol awesome
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
StentS

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
What didn't you order... Lol awesome
The blower cam kit and the supercharger... that's next year .... umm or maybe later this year haha

Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
StentS

Christmas in April !!

Some of my parts showed up.. I am stoked !!! Can't wait for everything else to arrive.....
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Stoked sounds like an understatement!! Have fun doing the work...Glad to see jack stands...be safe!!...ABL99......
Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Well that will certainly get you started
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Awesome list of mods, have fun and post lots of pics.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
StentS

Thanks Guys,

I can't wait to get started, but I will have to as some of the parts are back ordered until May 9th...... I really don't want to start on things that I will just have to remove again to install something else.

Vince

Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
StentS

Another box showed up today with caliper paint and the BMR toe rods...
Also spoke with Kris at Jannety today and he is shipping the CAI, Vmax throttle body and the SCT tuner today.... WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince

Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
EPIC!

Definitely subbing to this thread!

I especially want to see how the trailing arms and Vmax throttle body treat you, both install and performance wise. I've been thinking about both of those for a while. Trailing arms should help reduce wheel hop right?
The throttle body is one of those things I've always been skeptical of their performance claims.

Also, what color are you going for caliper paint? People told me to get my calipers powdercoated but it's $200 for that, no thanks, not now at least.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
StentS

Bored

Today I got bored waiting on parts so I figured I would do a test run on getting the car up on the Race Ramps Wheel Cribs. Piece of cake and look at all the clearance under the car now!! Took me longer to get the ramps out and the jack than it did to get the car up on them. 7 pumps on the jack and it was high enough...
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
StentS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
EPIC!

Definitely subbing to this thread!

I especially want to see how the trailing arms and Vmax throttle body treat you, both install and performance wise. I've been thinking about both of those for a while. Trailing arms should help reduce wheel hop right?
The throttle body is one of those things I've always been skeptical of their performance claims.

Also, what color are you going for caliper paint? People told me to get my calipers powdercoated but it's $200 for that, no thanks, not now at least.
Wheel hop is wicked on these cars. Much worse than my 4th gen SS. I think it is probably because of the 20's and the extra weight. Doing just the trailing arms will help, but it will not eliminate wheel hop. That's why I am going for all the bushings, trailing arms and toe rods. I may go for the chassis brace and lower control arms in the future if this doesn't completely eliminate it.
The throttle body alone will gain some on an otherwise stock car. But with headers, a tune and CAI it makes a dramatic difference from everyone I have spoken with.
I am going with rustoleum red caliper paint and it is pretty close to the red on the stripe on the hood. It was cheap and I figured as I will have the calipers hanging in the back anyway, I might as well do them. If it doesn't look good, I can always go the cover route. There are some nice ones out there now.
Vince

Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
StentS

More Parts

Lots of stuff showed up today... V-Max Ported Throttle Body, CAI inc. CAI (SC version for the future Whipple) and SCT Tuner from JRE. Flowmaster Outlaw Catback exhaust, BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings (rear), BMR Toe Rods, BMR Rear Outer Trailing Arm Bushings, Rustoleum Caliper Paint Kit and a Hat from Summit. Kooks High Flow Cats...
Still waiting for the Moroso Catch Can, BMR Rear Cradle/Differential Bushings and the Ceramic Coated 1 &/8 Long Tubes...
I will start installing everything when all the parts are here. Today I am going to upload the stock tune from the car and email it to JRE as requested along with info on the mods I am installing so they can send me the custom tune....
Attached Images