Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Zora Arkus Duntov

In my earlier life I had the pleasure and honor to meet MR Duntov and Mrs Duntov on three occasions. They attended as our guests at number of Corvette Conventions. I met him just after his retirement and again a few years later. Each occasion was memorable and very enjoyable to be around and speak with some one who had so much knowledge about the car I was driving. He was with out question the GOD FATHER of the CORVETTE.

Skip forward 20 years and now I attend the 25th anniversary of the Pontiac Oakland Club, because with the kids gone, my new passion is GTO. Again I have the privilege to meet many personalities associated with the BRAND I love .

John Delorean, Jim Wangers and Smokey Yunick all in one room at one time along with the then current chief engineer and marketing manager for PONTIAC. WOW !!! Smokey Yunick..... you young ums will have to google that. !!!
The Holy Trinity ...The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost.

All this of course before the Internet. We got to shake the hand of these men who made the dreams come true for so many.

Now TODAY we with the CAMARO have a man AGAIN who has put his entire life and career into the BRAND that we want parked in our garage .

The God Father of the CAMARO deserves the same respect we pay those who paved the way for others to bring us this new world class car.

The Internet allows each of us to actually enter this mans home and go to work with him. Some of the things and comments posted here in the last 48 hours would never have been said to any of the forefathers. We never would had called MR Duntov " Hey Zora " .

There are people who work hard doing the best they can in hard times to put this car in your drive way. Stop, think and cool off before you let your steam off. Scott and the entire team along with the line workers deserve some respect.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Amen.
Lots of to the Fbodfather.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
In my earlier life I had the pleasure and honor to meet MR Duntov and Mrs Duntov on three occasions. They attended as our guests at number of Corvette Conventions. I met him just after his retirement and again a few years later. Each occasion was memorable and very enjoyable to be around and speak with some one who had so much knowledge about the car I was driving. He was with out question the GOD FATHER of the CORVETTE.

Skip forward 20 years and now I attend the 25th anniversary of the Pontiac Oakland Club, because with the kids gone, my new passion is GTO. Again I have the privilege to meet many personalities associated with the BRAND I love .

John Delorean, Jim Wangers and Smokey Yunick all in one room at one time along with the then current chief engineer and marketing manager for PONTIAC. WOW !!! Smokey Yunick..... you young ums will have to google that. !!!
The Holy Trinity ...The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost.

All this of course before the Internet. We got to shake the hand of these men who made the dreams come true for so many.

Now TODAY we with the CAMARO have a man AGAIN who has put his entire life and career into the BRAND that we want parked in our garage .

The God Father of the CAMARO deserves the same respect we pay those who paved the way for others to bring us this new world class car.

The Internet allows each of us to actually enter this mans home and go to work with him. Some of the things and comments posted here in the last 48 hours would never have been said to any of the forefathers. We never would had called MR Duntov " Hey Zora " .

There are people who work hard doing the best they can in hard times to put this car in your drive way. Stop, think and cool off before you let your steam off. Scott and the entire team along with the line workers deserve some respect.
Extremely well-put!

Having had the privilege of meeting a few members of the Camaro team, talking to them over the last couple of years and getting to know them (as well as some of their kids and family members!), I cannot express how impressed I am with their single-purpose dedication to making this car right. As enthusiasts, we are truly fortunate that the people who are making this car share our passion and our goals.

... and a little tribute to Zora...

Best regardSS,

Elie